the clipse lp is that PFFFFF!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Went into Borders today to cop. Clipse section completely empty.

Best Buy

Did Target have it? Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.

Didn't go into Target but I'll def be going to Best Buy tomorrow.

People think this is better or worse than Lord Willin?

Too early for me to tell yet but I'm completely feeling the dark neon glow of this one.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

BETTER!

Nardo Ranks - Burrup

"Woman if you love me, please let me know"

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    the fact that some california law school chad and dizzybull are the only two people who don't get it makes me like this album even more

I don't understand the hype either. I mean, I "get it" but I just don't see/hear why everybody jocks this album so hard. I spent a couple rotations on this CD after my last post in this thread. I usually agree with some of you dudes so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something major. My thoughts remain the same.

And with all due respect, not one of you motherfuckers can - ahem - test my Hip Hop gangster (if you will), so save the slick sidemouth bullshit.

What I'm curious to know is, how many of you who are praising this album so much ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COPY TODAY? It'd be pretty fucking sad if you didn't. (Actually, this is probably worthy of it's own thread.)

Herm

I copped it yesterday. UK release, too, which would suggest that Sony BMG/Jive is getting behind this record internationally. Funny thing is, if I'd waited a couple of weeks, I could have got it for free with my staff discount, but this is the kind of rap record I'd like to see more of in the UK charts, so I don't mind ponying up to help make that happen.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I spend AT LEAST $25-35 a week on new CD's.

So you spend $1300-$1800 a year on new rap CDS?

Damn, dude... do you feel like you're getting your money's worth?

I'm just asking; in a good year, there might be 25 new rap albums that I feel like I need to own (and at least as many mixtapes, if we're counting those).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The reason why people find Black Thought boring has very little to do with his topical focus.

I don't understand the hype either. I mean, I "get it" but I just don't see/hear why everybody jocks this album so hard. I spent a couple rotations on this CD after my last post in this thread. I usually agree with some of you dudes so I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something major. My thoughts remain the same.

And with all due respect, not one of you motherfuckers can - ahem - test my Hip Hop gangster (if you will), so save the slick sidemouth bullshit.

What I'm curious to know is, how many of you who are praising this album so much ACTUALLY BOUGHT A COPY TODAY? It'd be pretty fucking sad if you didn't. (Actually, this is probably worthy of it's own thread.)

Herm

herm is saying the most truthful shit in this whole thread. i've spent many years in v.a. and am excited as shit that a group from virginia beach is on this level. i've given the new album many tries in the mrs' ride, but i think it's far from the "go tell it on the mountain" type status that the strut is trying to push it to.

[not re-opening the can of worms. just my opinion(no mac mall)]i think the exile/blame one track is far superior to anything on the clipse album lyrically. the beats on the clipse album are pretty dope, but how many songs can you have about the exact same motherfucking thing? everytime the roots come up on here fools criticize black thought for not changing his topics up to their liking, but turn around and hail the clipse like they're changing the game.[/not re-opening the can of worms. just my opinion(no mac mall)]

game theory>hell hath no for album of the year. the beats are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more creative and ground breakng to me. the way the song "game theory" was put together is way more face melting than "wamp wamp" or "mr. me too".

*disclaimer: this is my opinion. as you all have yours...i too have mine and am not trying to beef with no one or their mans and them.

peace to all

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

BETTER!

Please be serious.

Blue Carpet Treatment > Hell Hath

(if you live in southern california)

Blue Carpet Treatment = The Sound Of Souther California

Hell Hath = The sound of somewhere else

All people that don't like rap music, I highly recomend that you run out and buy the new snoop as fast as your possibly can. I sure wish I could play it in my lowrider that doesn't exist yet.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Joining in the chorus to say i don't get the hype. I didn't get it before I heard it, but I must be on some ms cleo shit because i could have told you exactly how this would sound beforehand.

its good, don't get me wrong - I like how consistent the sound is, this kind of grayscale space age beatminerz or something. But if you cant come up with twenty rappers who you like more than Pusha T and Malice this year alone you dont listen to enough rap. The beats are samey, but in a good way. I don't know where everyone's getting this thing from, aside from trill its some pretty understated shit. The obvious comparison to me for them as rappers and production is Mobb Deep - they're going for a similar feel/style, I think. I don't like anything they've done as much as classic MOBB tho.

My favorite song is "Brand New World." I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

I also bought the Game album finally and I like it more than this. I'm surprised Faux Rillz didn't like the Game album, esp since the Documentary was in his top ten for last year. As far as rap groups go I like the Dogg Pound album better than Clipse too, they're better rappers.

Still looking forward to the Snoop album, which I haven't had a chance to cop yet.

"Hello New World."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    My bad, yeah I don't have the case in front of me

Joining in the chorus to say i don't get the hype. I didn't get it before I heard it, but I must be on some ms cleo shit because i could have told you exactly how this would sound beforehand.

its good, don't get me wrong - I like how consistent the sound is, this kind of grayscale space age beatminerz or something. But if you cant come up with twenty rappers who you like more than Pusha T and Malice this year alone you dont listen to enough rap. The beats are samey, but in a good way. I don't know where everyone's getting this thing from, aside from trill its some pretty understated shit.

My favorite song is "Brand New World." I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.

Gentleman, you can now exhale: we finally have the deej opinion.

I also bought the Game album finally and I like it more than this. I'm surprised Faux Rillz didn't like the Game album, esp since the Documentary was in his top ten for last year.

Right. Because the rule is that if one likes one album by a given artist, one must like all of their albums.

Documentary had significantly better production and much less embarassing rapping.

I don't hate it--I just don't think it's particularly good... and the other aspects of it certainly are not good enough to outweigh the stalkeresque content.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Right. Because the rule is that if one likes one album by a given artist, one must like all of their albums.

Haha yr itching for a e-fight aren't you?

I dont know where I said anything remotely like the above.

"Counsel please approach the bench."

"One second, your honor, I need to finish this post real quick..."

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    One dude I know called this album the "'06 Cannibal Ox" which I thought was funny.

• IS THIS OUT ON VINYL YET (EVER)?
    IS THIS OUT ON VINYL YET (EVER)?

Please do not let this important question go unanswered, soulstrut.

I looked online and oculdn't find anything but singles. INSIDER INFO?

• IS THIS OUT ON VINYL YET (EVER)?

Please do not let this important question go unanswered, soulstrut.

I looked online and oculdn't find anything but singles. INSIDER INFO?

Its not on wax yet. All the LPs that re coming out on wax are dropping about 2-4 weeks after the CD.

• One dude I know called this album the "'06 Cannibal Ox" which I thought was funny.

This isn't the same guy who called it the "gangsta Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" is it?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    One dude I know called this album the "'06 Cannibal Ox" which I thought was funny.

Furthest from it, really.

Although I see how it could be interpreted that way.
    Regardless of Cold Vein's quality, does anyone really still think it was the best rap album released in '01?

This thread kinda reminds me of Colbert schtick...

"Is the new Clipse a great album? Or the greatest?"

well I don't think its the greatest...

"Then I'll go ahead and mark you down as a "great.""

Furthest from it, really.

Although I see how it could be interpreted that way.
    Regardless of Cold Vein's quality, does anyone really still think it was the best rap album released in '01?

Did anyone ever think that?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    http://www.robertchristgau.com/xg/pnj/pjres01.php

I suppose Blueprint got more respect.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Results 1 - 10 of about 11,700 for "cold vein" classic. (0.30 seconds)

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Alright i have a little admission to make i dont really think Malice is greater than Ghostface(i cant believe you people made that slide).
    I was just doing my part to rile up the one called Rootlesscosmo,with that out of the way i'm gonna give you my honest opinion on this album.
    I downloaded it gave it a listen and i have come to the conclusion that this is 4 tracker at best.
    Ride around shining ,Nightmares,Chinese New Year and Dirty Money,all the rest are mediocre except for "Momma i'm so sorry" with has to be the most amateurish track EVER included on a rap album.
    I cant see why people are calling this a classic.

Oh by the way i heard a track by them called "Eghck" they should've included that on the album it's better than most of the stuff on there.
    That dude Fam-lay murked them on their own track.

How many "F"s does it get on the PF scale though? Is it a full 5F PFFFFF or merely a 3F PFF? The title of the thread indicates a 5F blowout.

Is it a double cap "WAMP WAMP!!!" with triple exclamation marks? or a singular lower case "wamp" followed by the elipses question mark ala "wamp...?"

Is it the shit? or is it THAT CRACK?

Is it the shit? or is it THAT CRACK?

Both, it's that "SHIT CRACK" which makes it "ass".

Perhaps magnetic, gary and rootlesscosmo should take their little tea party to the PM.

• Perhaps magnetic, gary and rootlesscosmo should take their little tea party to the PM.

how about y'all's Clipse dickriding be taken to the PMs? shit is embarassing, all out in the open like this.

• Perhaps magnetic, gary and rootlesscosmo should take their little tea party to the PM.

how about y'all's Clipse dickriding be taken to the PMs? shit is embarassing, all out in the open like this.

I know reading (and rapping) comprehension is not a strong point of yours, but I think the thread's title makes it pretty evident what its contents are.