Best Library LP ever?

Comments

• there are lots of "play outables" in the library area of things...

damn near every track on KPM "Afro Rock", quite a few tracks on MPI's "Cocktail D'Image", quite a few on the "Ugly Custard" LP, dont sleep on the library 7" either, "Blue Square" or Bruno Spoerri's "Lansing Bagnall" 7"

• well i like to entertain this place from time to time if you didn't know...y'all talk so seriously that y'all need some european groove to chill a bit.

And you didn't answer me : how many girls did you get to stay with you while playing Stringtronics???

What's your point? Telling that Gainsbourg or Beatles music is shit cause people don't dance on it?

Anyway if you plan to attract girls by playing records, you better think of something else, especialy in France, where people (and especially girls) don't fuck about DJs and rare groove music in general.
    There are tons of great music on library records. Except if you think that music is made only for people to dance on it. Insane jazz music, insane psych rock music, incredible stuff in every styles.

• well i like to entertain this place from time to time if you didn't know...y'all talk so seriously that y'all need some european groove to chill a bit.

And you didn't answer me : how many girls did you get to stay with you while playing Stringtronics???

What's your point? Telling that Gainsbourg or Beatles music is shit cause people don't dance on it?

Anyway if you plan to attract girls by playing records, you better think of something else, especialy in France, where people (and especially girls) don't fuck about DJs and rare groove music in general.
    There are tons of great music on library records. Except if you think that music is made only for people to dance on it. Insane jazz music, insane psych rock music, incredible stuff in every styles.

I like the new website...ordered some stuff from you and plan on ordering more!

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    conceptually, its kind of a weird question -- best library ever? but, from the ones i've heard above, i'd definitely co-sign on the nick ingman big beat, germiani modern pop percusion, i marc 4 sides on nelson, and eddie warner sides on im.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

I like the new website...ordered some stuff from you and plan on ordering more!
    Every time I try to save up some money, one of you dudes start offering up some good records for sale.
    Site is nice, thun.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

i didn't read that before!

my girlfriend (yes! i have a girlfriend! GO FIGURE!) loves the stringtronics lp. we listen to it a lot. trust me! i'm not exaggerating. it's one of her favorite albums.
    i don't know hat kind of girls you are speaking about, but the ones I know mostly like the same music guys like. I don't really get what you are trying to tell us here. why do you buy records? because you're a producer? because you wanna impress people?

Libraries were mainly recorded for radio and television stations, but there are still many library records that are just like regular 60s/70s music.

and hardly any library label put out records without any license to it. you can't sample tracks from libraries without permission. i don't think it's much different from official label business. you could never reissue a library record without permission.
    The Bizarre

• What up man!! How are you? I am lovin' the new site very much!!! I cannot wait to order some new libaries from you...and NO I don't don't produce but I collect them.(Not directed to you robert_murt)

Cheers,
    Amir

• not a huge library-head but i would put that one also into 'best libs' list :

stringtronics lp is mad hot too.

and speaking about dancing to torossi - if you have an open crowd and you choose the right moment - im pretty sure they'll dance to "running fast".
    just put any bootleg of well-known track before. its all about the vocals, when people hear vocals from the song they know, they'll dance to it. even if its beyonce accapella over ultra rare instrumental disco that usually clears dancefloors. after playing stuff like that, you can sneak into your set basically whatever. even from the "danceable-library" genre.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Ok, Ok, White flag please...Damn, one wrong word about libraries and blam, death sentence.Now i got Amir And French Attack on my back...It was sarcasm people. Just to legitimate a bit my madness, libs and me and going a long way back. And yes i produce (heavy like we said), but i also collect Libs for the fun of it. I like cover art and i'm actually, i'm a MP2000/Telemusic expert. Here's a part of my dumb collection (pic taken in my stud):

Then once i've picked some shit, i usually spend time over here (notice the logo in the screen so you don't think it's a random studio or something...lol):

And that's the kind if shit you would find while browsing my crates :

Plus i bought some japanese heat from Sheep before he moved from Japan if that can help my case. I'm a good dood, i sware i won't try to dirt Libraries reputation anymore from now on.

MEA CULPA!!!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    geminiani's 'voyage extraordinaire'
    leuter's 'pop electronique'
    kirchin's 'abstracts'
    warner/nardini's '100% electronic'
    zalla's 'suspense'

• I like the new website...ordered some stuff from you and plan on ordering more!
    Every time I try to save up some money, one of you dudes start offering up some good records for sale.

Site is nice, thun.

You're all welcome to my humble shop...

• Trust me, I am not on your back...I was really just joking, but I guess it didn't go over well with you. I apologize if you took it that way.
    peace,
    Amir

• What up man!! How are you? I am lovin' the new site very much!!! I cannot wait to order some new libaries from you...and NO I don't don't produce but I collect them.(Not directed to you robert_murt)

Cheers,
    Amir

What's up mate, libs are waiting for you!

• Ok, Ok, White flag please...Damn, one wrong word about libraries and blam, death sentence.Now i got Amir And French Attack on my back...

H?? h??, faute avou??e ?? moiti?? pardonn??e!
    No big deal just arguing again, again and again...

• I like french sounding shit with electronics and drums... but am a proud Canadian, so I am gonna have to roll with the Mr. Kass - Moods for Drama LP... and since we are talking Parry, the Electric Lemonade is also pretty cool. That being said, I like the Telemusic pop / percussion volumes alot, the rhythemiques, the MP2000 sound, and general electronic records with heat shit. I have upped a copy of my last mixtape... its pretty much library joints, and a couple electronic things that I produced. Blah Blah. It is kinda short, enjoy, or you can order and actual copy at the Ninjatune store.

Sixtoo - It;s The Mindfuck Yo! Sit Your Ass Down Mix.

feind?

buy it now? trade me for your MPC2500!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    I'd also disagree with the assertion that library records are only good for producers - from the best ones I've heard, they can include actual, you know, SONGS that aren't simply meant for background use.

ridiculous! library records must only be measured by the amount of two bar funk expolsions and three second ill drama stabs that are contained within.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    funk expolsions

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I like french sounding shit...
    This is probably still my favourite library record ever. Absolutely hard as fuck funky big band jazz with a few really nice breaks. To me, this record is the epitome of grown-man library music. It's just plain old top notch music (no ill drama stab).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I like french sounding shit with electronics and drums... but am a proud Canadian, so I am gonna have to roll with the Mr. Kass - Moods for Drama LP... and since we are talking Parry, the Electric Lemonade is also pretty cool. That being said, I like the Telemusic pop / percussion volumes alot, the rhythemiques, the MP2000 sound, and general electronic records with heat shit. I have upped a copy of my last mixtape... its pretty much library joints, and a couple electronic things that I produced. Blah Blah. It is kinda short, enjoy, or you can order and actual copy at the Ninjatune store.

Sixtoo - It;s The Mindfuck Yo! Sit Your Ass Down Mix.

feind?

buy it now? trade me for your MPC2500!

Ex Ovo Pro is not a library. ;-) but it has those tasty drama stabs and ill loops today's producers are looking for

• Shit, Grope I forgot to mail you your suprise!!!
    I'll make it an early xmas gift, then

My Vote goes for Italian libs

Piccione
    Umiliani
    Rustichelli
    De Angelis Bros...

Of course you could always make me happy with a feelings/stringtronics/sciascia/dinha mantha LP

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Shit, Grope I forgot to mail you your suprise!!!
    I'll make it an early xmas gift, then

you missed my birthday! haha... can't wait! where are you? let's chat again!

kinetic, if that is interesting for you, i'm currently working on a project with the dude behind Dinha Mantha. Name is Mr Pierric. I still have to deal with the bizness side of it, but it would the last LP of his career since he's reaching an old age (and hearing problems that keeps him away from studios).
    The reason why i posted this Delta Sound LP above (scroll up) is because Mr Pierric did that too. I have like 6 or 7 LP from him, along with the ones he produced under aliases.

He did that one with Mr Porte :

• Ex Ovo Pro is not a library. ;-) but it has those tasty drama stabs and ill loops today's producers are looking for
    Bah, neither is the V.Geminagi - Paris Percussion Ensemble or the Bruce Haack, or the Pierre Cardin / Havelock one... but you know, I like those stabs and loops mayne!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Ex Ovo Pro is not a library. ;-) but it has those tasty drama stabs and ill loops today's producers are looking for

Bah, neither is the V.Geminagi - Paris Percussion Ensemble or the Bruce Haack, or the Pierre Cardin / Havelock one... but you know, I like those stabs and loops mayne!

i was going to say the same thing about geminagi - NOT A LIBRARY.

i have yet to figure out why people think libraries are full of stabs and loops.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    it maybe an academic point, but wasn't the geminiani first issued as "voyage extraordinaire" on the mpi label and then later repressed as "modern pop percussion?"

• different lp

yea, N??35 on MPI. So that's a lib originally.
    There's also a reissue...Don't remember the label tho'.

and since it's going down on the academic tip, Dinah Mantha's is on PSI so that makes it a lib, but the content is not "library music" per say. It's some real tracks that didn't make it so instead of shelving them, Pierric and Janin used one of their verious resources to release those tracks. but the funk in it is not common for libraries. Cross Fire is not a lib too.

And grope, to answer you, i can think of two reasons why people tend to think like that : the numerous mixes that polluted on the net these last five years using the same ol' tracks spotted by sample hunters, and second the fact that drama-enclined libraries are the ones that people usually look for. Bruton is a good example. Anything with drama in the title is a potential good volume. And drama music contains stabs as opposed to dixie music. So that raises up the statistics and the number of stabs in one volume can be very high. But there's stabs and STABZ. All stabs are not worthy. That's another misconception about libs. Like stabs=good libs. Naw...I would say that the credits are often more immportant to spot a good lib. Certain people was just on point.

you sure??? i had it between my hands so im pretty sure about it. N??35 on MPI then it was released on Concert Hall (the pic posted above).

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    So that raises up the statistics and the number of stabs in one volume can be very high. . But there's stabs and STABZ. All stabs are not worthy. That's another misconception about libs. Like stabs=good libs. Naw...I would say that the credits are often more immportant to spot a good lib. Certain people was just on point.

i was joking... are you???

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    kinetic, if that is interesting for you, i'm currently working on a project with the dude behind Dinha Mantha. Name is Mr Pierric. I still have to deal with the bizness side of it, but it would the last LP of his career since he's reaching an old age (and hearing problems that keeps him away from studios).
    The reason why i posted this Delta Sound LP above (scroll up) is because Mr Pierric did that too. I have like 6 or 7 LP from him, along with the ones he produced under aliases.

He did that one with Mr Porte :

Cool. Is this in the same vein and style as Dinha Mantha's Power though? If it is, I'll try and find it.