Appropriate ages for dating?

HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Yo,I find myself often dating younger women. Never younger than legal age, may I add. I'm in my early 30's. What do you think is the youngest aged female/male that you would consider dating? Is it unseemly or unappropriate for a 32 year old to go out with an 18 or 19 year old? How do other folks work this? Is there a cut off age? Not younger than 25? Feedback, please.peaceh

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    32-10=22

that's your magic number

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I believe Elijah Muhammed proposed a formula for this.

• I always heard the rule of half your age + 7 years.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    your age / 2 + 7 years. isnt that universal?

ie. 26 / 2 = 13 + 7 = 20. Therefore 26 can date 20... or 100 yrs can date 57. No?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i dated a much younger woman and i was either schooling her or watching her do stupid shit. sex was not even that great and she was hot as hell. experience necessary. i imagine that applies to all genders. at the same time, it's not fair for you to hold them back from experiences with your (trust me, you will be like this) "been there done that" attitude. speaking of sex, if you want some good fucking, go older.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    speaking of sex, if you want some good fucking, go older.

yeah, but older women still dating are still dating for a reason.

• speaking of sex, if you want some good fucking, go older.

So are older men...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

What consitutes "Older", though? Are people still expected to be married or paired up by a certain age today or is that an outmoded concept? My sister was married by 25 & I thought that was young.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

So are older men...

older men still dating = cool

older women still dating = sad

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    My sister was married by 25 & I thought that was young.

Yep, young according to modern argentinian standards. Most people get married around 30 now.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

older men still dating = cool

older women still dating = sad

dude, uh

no

i'm not tryin to discourage you. go for it. while you're trying age groups, try some older too. basically the same difference, but older.

wait a second, sniff, sniff. i smell me a sexist thread coming on...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Who gives a shit, age is only a number, if she makes you happy & she is happy, then it shouldn't be an issue. If you are worried about what other people will think, then you really have to look at yourself because you are the only person whose opinion matters, everyone else can get bent.

Who gives a shit, age is only a number

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Well of course legalities count for something.......

Yep, young according to modern argentinian standards. Most people get married around 30 now.

yeah, those 30+ buenos aries ladies are revolting.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I think the toughest part about dating different ages is not being able to reminisce about pop songs of your youth and tacky sitcoms, from say the early 1980s in my case. eg. Tears For Fears music videos and Welcome Back Kotter. I'm actually real serious about this.

• Is it unseemly or unappropriate for a 32 year old to go out with an 18 or 19 year old?

No, or at least I hope not.

On the other hand, this is real:

I think the toughest part about dating different ages is not being able to reminisce about pop songs of your youth and tacky sitcoms

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I think the toughest part about dating different ages is not being able to reminisce about pop songs of your youth and tacky sitcoms, from say the early 1980s in my case. eg. Tears For Fears music videos and Welcome Back Kotter. I'm actually real serious about this.

This is really true. None of the girls I date know about Platinum Blonde or Journey. Wait...I don't know if that's a bad thing...

• Who gives a shit, age is only a number

I love this track. Chi Ali is talking about how he needs a "woman." Then homegirl says she's 13, and he's like "come back in 3 years..."

...so, what, when she's 16 her mind will be steady?

• man, chi's lyrics and voice were terrible.
    where was that bassline from??? the other shit is stanley turrentine i believe (the one wiht all the doors)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

In Texas you're lucky to find a 17 year old who isn't divorced with two kids.

• My sister was married by 25 & I thought that was young.

LOL.
    in yor 30s, you might want a girl you can at least take out for a drink. age is just a number, but depends what youre looking for: conversation, a long realtionship or just a piece of booty (if thats it, jus make sure she's legal and consenting).
    i was in cuba ten years ago and people kept pushing their 14 year old daughters on me (gotta admit they didnt look 14 and they were almost always gorgeous). some policemen asked me once how it was going with the cuban women and i told them that it was frustrating cause i kept meeting 14 year olds. they were just looking at me like i was retarded, "...and the problem is?"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

LOL.

I'm not joking.....just this week there was a woman who died in Dallas at 34 years old and she had 6 grandchildren!!!!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

In Fredericton[/b] you're lucky to find a 17 year old who isn't divorced with two kids and born again[/b].

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    im 27, and im proud yet ashamed to say i've never gone out w/ a girl over 21!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    im 26, and im proud yet ashamed to say in 2006 i've never gone out w/ a girl under 30!

• I think the toughest part about dating different ages is not being able to reminisce about pop songs of your youth and tacky sitcoms, from say the early 1980s in my case. eg. Tears For Fears music videos and Welcome Back Kotter. I'm actually real serious about this.

dude, thank you. A direct quote from a breakup email sent to me last week:

"I feel like you were definitely an 80s child and I am far from it... 80s was not a turn on for me."

I'm 33, and she's turning 23 this week.

• im 26, and im proud yet ashamed to say in 2006 i've never gone out w/ a girl under 30!

yeah, the milfs have been treating me nice lately

older =