Appropriate ages for dating?

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    i prefer the youth, probably because of their style, sexiness, figure, and freshness, but only if they are in or done with college. I'm dating a 22yr old grad student, she's hot, fun, and smart. So I win.

I recently dated a 30 yrd old VIRGIN, I decided not to take it, because of the warranty it may not cover, you can't just hit that and expect to walk away.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think the toughest part about dating different ages is not being able to reminisce about pop songs of your youth and tacky sitcoms, from say the early 1980s in my case. eg. Tears For Fears music videos and Welcome Back Kotter. I'm actually real serious about this.

dude, thank you. A direct quote from a breakup email sent to me last week:

"I feel like you were definitely an 80s child and I am far from it... 80s was not a turn on for me."

I'm 33, and she's turning 23 this week.

Now this definitely qualifies for a reaction somewhere between:

and

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I always dated older, I married older. Wouldn't change a thing. When I was an old guy of about 27 a young thing was chasing me. After one date I just said no way can I sustain being the older wiser experienced one.

"I date younger women because there are no women my age" George Burns

"You are only as old as the women you feel." Groucho Marx

Our Ages Or Our Hearts by Donny Hathaway on Roberta Flacks first album.

Now if you want my advice, grow up, date women your own age. Leave the young things for George Burns looking guys.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yall think too much about what the Joneses would think. Fuck the Joneses.

***Legal, of course.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Yall think too much about what the Joneses would think. Fuck the Joneses.

Wait, you want me to fuck Miss Jones?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Sure, why not.
    Someone can buy you the title "Billy Paul."

• Man I was like 22-23 when I started dating my last girlfriend who was 6 years older than me. Yeah I felt like a fucking champ for a minute but yo after a while the differences where constantly coming up and caused the eventual break-up. On the other hand I know a few couples who are either married or are about to get married any minute now and there's a big differnece in age, so my point is a long as the two people can connect in whatever way they please it's fine. And age really is just a number because there a A TON OF IMMATURE MOTHERFUCKERS OUT THERE WHO ARE OLDER BUT STILL LIKE TO ACT LIKE LITTLE KIDS. Go to your nearest nightclub they seem to fucking all meet and hang out in groups

My point: Find someone you like, connect wit that person, get your balls wet, RINSE/REPEAT.

p.s. (but don't be the older creey dude in the club though)

p.p.s. i kind have a thing for the older ladies.....kinda. so whatchout Hcrink's Mom!

My point: Find someone you like, connect wit that person, get your balls wet, RINSE/REPEAT.

And also a little ewwwwwwww.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    man, chi's lyrics and voice were terrible.
    where was that bassline from??? the other shit is stanley turrentine i believe (the one wiht all the doors)

actually, isn't the bassline simply filtered out of the Turrentine sample? I don't think it's taken from the Ayers.

actually, isn't the bassline simply filtered out of the Turrentine sample? I don't think it's taken from the Ayers.

Ah, I don't know - I thought he was saying the Ayers sample
    was Turrentine, but maybe the guitar loop is some S.T. shit
    I'm not aware of...I also didn't play it long enough the 1st
    time to notice that the Ayers sample drops out completely pretty early.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont think age really matters nearly as much as career and education (as far as if one graduated from college or however many years both of them have left) differences

Ah, I don't know - I thought he was saying the Ayers sample
    was Turrentine, but maybe the guitar loop is some S.T. shit
    I'm not aware of...I also didn't play it long enough the 1st
    time to notice that the Ayers sample drops out completely pretty early.

Yeah, I thought he was talking about the bassline that kicks in right when Chi Ali rhymes, "little girlie, listen to me." I'm assuming that was filtered from the Turrentine that the main loop was also drawn for.

• o, the bassline is some whole other sample. i knew it, but its burried deep in my fragmented databanks

• Ben Vereen, dudes. some album on Buddha and dude is like sitting down or something.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Damn, am I really the only person on here that thinks a 32 year-old man dating an 18 year-old girl is kinda suspect? LOL, at the idea of all these "grown and sexy" men slow dancing at senior prom. GTFOHWTBS

"Haven't you guys heard age ain't nothin' but a number?"

Damn, am I really the only person on here that thinks a 32 year-old man dating an 18 year-old girl is kinda suspect?

No.

I've historically dated younger girls, women...but I started seeing an
    18 year old when I was in my late 20's, and it felt like I was with a
    child. And contrary to what everyone is hung up on, sex is not really
    the issue, but just maturity and emotional development. I'm not down on
    dating younger - I still seem to only meet girls in their mid-20's now that
    I'm in my mid-30's...but 32-18 seems like a REAL stretch to me.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Damn, am I really the only person on here that thinks a 32 year-old man dating an 18 year-old girl is kinda CREEPY[/b]?

No.

Damn, am I really the only person on here that thinks a 32 year-old man dating an 18 year-old girl is kinda suspect?

No.

I've historically dated younger girls, women...but I started seeing an
    18 year old when I was in my late 20's, and it felt like I was with a
    child. And contrary to what everyone is hung up on, sex is not really
    the issue, but just maturity and emotional development. I'm not down on
    dating younger - I still seem to only meet girls in their mid-20's now that
    I'm in my mid-30's...but 32-18 seems like a REAL stretch to me.

The thing to also keep in mind is that, by many people's early 30s, they're already coupled up or married. Obviously, not everyone, but I'd dare guess there's a far bigger pool of single people in their early 20s vs. early 30s...thus, if you ended up single in your early 30s and were trying to find people to date, you'd have an easier time finding someone in their 20s.

That said, I'd look at 32-18 pretty suspect too. I mean, dude, there's gotta be older women for you to date vs. going after the "barely legal" crowd.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

No.

...sex is not really the issue, but just maturity and emotional development.

Precisely.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    18 is suspect and I'm 25. Dating older women is fine, but dating a girl younger than 23--or maybe 22--usually amounts to four months of sex and little to no kind emotional and/or mental connection. Obviously there are exceptions.

However, moreso than age I find dating girls/women with divorced parents to be about 90% problematic.

• I think the toughest part about dating different ages is not being able to reminisce about pop songs of your youth and tacky sitcoms, from say the early 1980s in my case. eg. Tears For Fears music videos and Welcome Back Kotter. I'm actually real serious about this.

Kotter was already off the air by the early '80s (unless you mean the reruns), but I still get your point...

• Ah shit, I used to trade them in at 25 for fresh 19 year olds, that is untill I turned 30. I figured this may be my last chance to pull a young honey dip so I better find a good one.

I found a 20 year old and it was hard waiting for her to turn 21. She thinks my 80s shit is corny and she doesn't even comprehend the 70s. She doesn't get a lot of my older pop culture references. Other than that, we are politically aligned, or lifestyle choices match, and we are attracted to each other. I think she's hot, anyway.

I think she's the mature one. I'm the wise one.

Age shouldn't matter when there's love, but if your schleppin' around the highschoolaskin', "You 18?" then you may have a problem.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I remember back in school all the hottest 16 year olds would be dating 25-30 year olds.

Back then these guys looked cool with their cars and the fact they had their own places (well that's what they claimed anyway).

Now having reached those hallowed years myself the idea of dating someone even remotely that young turns my stomach.

My girlfriend is 2 years younger which is about right for me - however I did date older girls before her and appreciated the knowledge they'd bring to the table (and the bedroom).

At the end of the day it's each to their own I guess and who's to say you can't have a knowledgeable 18 year old who's perfectly suited to an immature 30 yo? It just personally creeps me out somewhat.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

"I feel like you were definitely an 80s child and I am far from it... 80s was not a turn on for me."

Lame.

I bet she was crying when she wrote that. Them young bitches make up some pretty contrived and dumbass excuses to break up. Use this opportunity to go older. An older woman would never pull that shit with you. She'd say, "Take that dick out of me and go home. I don't like you anymore." MILFs are what's what. Get with it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    She'd say, "Take that dick out of me and go home. I don't like you anymore."

and that's what we all are lookin for in women, aren't we?

• "I feel like you were definitely an 80s child and I am far from it... 80s was not a turn on for me."

Lame.

I bet she was crying when she wrote that. Them young bitches make up some pretty contrived and dumbass excuses to break up. Use this opportunity to go older. An older woman would never pull that shit with you. She'd say, "Take that dick out of me and go home. I don't like you anymore." MILFs are what's what. Get with it.

Don't be so cocksure, my man; older women and MILFs can flake out as bad as any 18-year-old ditz you knew in college. (But when they are on your side...ain't nothing like it!)

• Quick Story:

A few years ago my best friend (chris) started going out with this girl (rocio) a few years younger. He was like 24, she had just turned 18. She was really immature and just plain inexperienced in real world matters. My hommie was always having these really long drawn out ridiculously stupid arguments with her on the phone. The most mind numbing shit you've ever heard.

One night, my BFF crashed at my place. We decided to get some breakfast with his girl at this really good diner. My hommie and I were kind of joking around about the fact that he crashed on my place -- doing some fake gay jokes. I then mention to Rocio that Chris is afterall, from Greece, and "you know what those greeks are like, historically." She also realizes that we are at a Greek diner -- there are pictures of the acropolis and shit up.

Its at this point that I notice that Rocio, who was sitting on my side, is now practically sitting at the next table. She must be like five feet from me and is not talking. When the food comes -- she had ordered this gigantic huge complex omelette -- she doesnt take a bite and hardly looks at it. Chris keeps scolding her, asking "whats the matter with you?" like she was his daughter. He keeps saying shit "you're being really rude," and so on. We all finally leave and give her packed up food to a hoelss dude.

A few days later I ask Chris WTF was up with his girl? It was really some crazy shit she pulled. He tells me that he had been in an argument with her since the diner. At the diner, she had realized Chris and I were gay, and that we had taken her to a gay restaurant. She had claimed that I was hitting on the (male) waiter the whole time, that Chris and I were making gay faces at eachother, that we had really had sex the night before and so on. Basically she had become convinced that we had involved her in a complicated and nefarious GAY plot of some sort. Chris had spent the last two days convincing her that she was out of her mind -- all for some mediocre sex with a ditsy blonde.

So what Im saying is this, if you wanna date younger girls, be prepared to have your life muddled and confused by long drawn out arguments that make no logical sense. For me, its not worth it.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hi,

Since reaching my 30's I've never dated a woman younger than 25. As a rule of thumb, I've always went by a 5-7 year max. I guess that's an innate rule of thumb cause it looks like other people do the same. There's this girl who's moved in next door to me that's 21. She's not in school & works in an office. She's asked me for coffee a couple times & I've always politely declined. The age thing weirds me out a little, which is funny because I don't think I would have cared a just a few years ago, but, at 32, it's something that's an issue for me. I dunno why. Anyhow, I was thinking of people of my parents generation - they seldom seemed to be involved with people of the same age. My aunt married my uncle at 19 & my uncle was in his 30's. There's also a 10 year difference between my mother and my stepfather. I guess it was a different era. I think that in certain communities, like in the Russian community, with which I'm most familiar, differences in age in relationships is still a more common occurance. It's interesting that this is a divisive issue in these relatively permissive times. Anyhow, carry on.

peace

h

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

I recently dated a 30 yrd old VIRGIN, I decided not to take it, because of the warranty it may not cover, you can't just hit that and expect to walk away.

From experience, I know that you made the right choice. Trust me.