Snoop Dogg - The Blue Carpet Treatment

13»

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Nice work, i'm also feelin the Raekwon track.

• Nice work, i'm also feelin the Raekwon track.

Word thanks...I think it ended up on a mixtape.

You can check out an album sampler for the 6th Sense album I produced here.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I just copped the album tonight. Your track Frequency did hold Snoops best "lyrical" moments.

The album is too damn long though.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    Snoop Dogg: Yeah. The song I like most out of all the records is a song I got called ???Think About it??? where I just lyrically I???m just gone on some other s**t. When Dre heard it he was like, ???N***a, I ain???t never heard you rap like that. That???s some s**t!??? [The song] pressed me to another level. See, what had happened was, me and my eldest son were riding in the car one night and we were listening to the radio to XM Satellite and Cassidy came on, that???s my lil??? homie. So I???m like, ???You like cuzz???? And he???s like, ???That???s my favorite rapper!??? I was like, ???What! That???s your favorite rapper????? So my littlest son in the back, I???m like, ???Yo, who your favorite rapper, Lil??? Snoop???? He???s like, ???You.??? So [to] my oldest son, I???m like, ???Yo, why I ain???t your favorite rapper???? He???s like, ???I mean you cool. You flow but???you don???t be like, bustin??? like Cassidy and them.??? So I went and made [???Think About It???], and I played it for him and he was like, ???God damn Daddy! I ain???t know you did it like that!??? And I was like, ???Yeah n***a!???

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Frequency: your track is pretty dope too. when you sell a beat to a big rapper like snoop do you go in the studio and alter it for him or do you just send a finished beat and let his engineers edit the length of it to snoops flow?

They actually flew me out to LA to sequence/arrange the song around his vocals and then I sat with the engineer to oversee the mix. It was very hands on and an awesome experience.....not to mention in the room next door was Timbaland and Justin Timberlake finshing up his album.

Where were you at? Encore, Record plant, or chalice?

• Record plant

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

You can check out an album sampler for the 6th Sense album I produced here.

Wake up is fucking smooth and Wait is nice

I like your style man

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I haven't listened to a whole snoop album in a while, but this album is good.
    Snoop DOES it kill it on that second track!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just copped the album tonight. Your track Frequency did hold Snoops best "lyrical" moments.

Same problem as every album he's put out in the past decade; if dude could restrain himself to putting out the 12 or 15 best tracks, instead of cramming 22 or more tracks on there, he'd have a string of classic albums he could point to, and his legacy would be close to untouchable.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

Same problem as every album he's put out in the past decade; if dude could restrain himself to putting out the 12 or 15 best tracks, instead of cramming 22 or more tracks on there, he'd have a string of classic albums he could point to, and his legacy would be close to untouchable.

i feel this principle should be applied to any album that exceeds 15 tracks...i dont think i own more than a couple of albums made in the last 10 years with 15+ tracks that i can enjoy straight though without skipping through...though limiting "the game is to be..." wouldnt be saved as a 4 track ep haha.

that said, great job with that track sir, his flow is so on point on it, and the tuneage just adds to it, i will engage in many repeated listens. respect.