Snoop Dogg - The Blue Carpet Treatment

Comments

• Can someone repost? The download limit was reached. Thanks.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

I was bumping that shit all day today! COngrats man, that shit is hot!

• Thanks a lot. Nice work.

• Yeah the Jay-z album is so so to me. The Snoop album is pretty good, though I do think (no personal horn tooting-related) this is one of the better tracks.

I wish it had a chorus so it could be a single....oh well.

You definitely brought something out of Snoop with that one.
    NEVER heard him flow like that.
    Great shit.
    If only the rest of the album had that kind of heat.

• Yeah the Jay-z album is so so to me. The Snoop album is pretty good, though I do think (no personal horn tooting-related) this is one of the better tracks.

Great shit.

He definitely hasn't rapped like that in over 10 years. Really feelin this one. Good shit Frequency.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

He definitely hasn't rapped like that in over 10 years. Really feelin this one. Good shit Frequency.

Best track on the album! That is saying a lot too because of the other producers involved. Big up Frequency. What other joints have you produced? Can we get a list?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Nice job, Frequency! Good on ya .

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

What other joints have you produced? Can we get a list?

• Maann...This is such a great response. I value the opinion of strutters way more than the general pub so this is dope.

Here's a list of stuff I've done (mostly indy stuff), but this is my first "major" placement.

There's more on my myspace page

www.myspace.com/frequencybeats

B>DISCOGRAPHY/B>

B>Cam'ron/B>
    "Ya'll Can't Live His Life"

B>Ticky Diamonds feat. Raekwon/B>
    "Plenty of Love"

B>6th Sense/B>
    *entire album*
    Highing Fly

B>Oktober /B>
    "NYC", "In Your Eye" and "None Wanna Die"

B>Wordsworth /B>
    "Shoulder", "One Day" and "Don't Go"

B>El Da Sensei/B>
    "Natural Feelgood"

B>COMING SOON/B>

B>Masta Ace, Wordsworth, Punchline, Stricklin are EMC/B>
    "Don't Give Up On Us", "Feel It" and "What It Feel Like"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    B>COMING SOON
    /B>

What does EMC stand for?

• Whoa, that song is nice..beat is smooth as hell and Snoop KILLED that shit.

• B>COMING SOON
    /B>

What does EMC stand for?

I really have no idea...check the website www.m3hiphop.com

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

I've heard freestyle tapes that let me know Snoop could be a monster, props for bringing it out of him on record. It's dope.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Whoa, that song is nice..beat is smooth as hell and Snoop KILLED that shit.

• COMING SOON

Masta Ace, Wordsworth, Punchline, Stricklin are EMC

I'm pretty sure Ace and them played me at least a couple of these when they were previewing the album for me. I know that your name came up quite a bit (Rich loves your stuff!)
    All of it was great. I'm really looking forward to this dropping.
    There was another song I heard - forgot who produced it - where they're all talking like they're old men 20+ years in the future and still hip hop down. Brilliant.
    The epitome of grown folk rap.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

With this and "Kilos", you've gotta marvel at the strutters abilities to bring out the best in classic artists. I read a real funny interview where Snoop where talking about how he heard that he wasn't his sons favourite mc, which made him want to step his game up. I guess this is the result. This is crazy, good work Frequency!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I gotta agree. Nice to hear Snoop on something like this. Good stuff.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    love that wordsworth one day

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Yeah the Jay-z album is so so to me. The Snoop album is pretty good, though I do think (no personal horn tooting-related) this is one of the better tracks.

Great shit.

You didn't like the rest of the CD? To me, this was a solid listen, at least the first few few times through.

What's with E-40 and Digable Planets loops though?

• You didn't like the rest of the CD? To me, this was a solid listen, at least the first few few times through.

No, I like the Snoop album quite a bit.
    When I said "that kind of heat" I only meant that I wish there was more of that kind of sample-based production throughout. Wishful thinking these days.
    But yeah, feeling this album a LOT more than Kingdom Come. No contest really.
    Actually, I've been feeling the last few albums from Snoop.
    There's a joint off his last lp called "No Thang On Me" that shoulda been a single.
    I believe it was a Neptunes joint but it had Snoop singing alongside Bootsy.
    Funky, funky, funky and soulful as all hell.

Actually, I've been feeling the last few albums from Snoop.
    There's a joint off his last lp called "No Thang On Me" that shoulda been a single.I believe it was a Neptunes joint but it had Snoop singing alongside Bootsy.

Hell Fuckin JYeah.................Snoop croonin over the Curtis Mayfield "THINK" instramental.......LAVA.

I also enjoy Beyonce's take on the CM dub. BUT MOB STYLE did this a while ago.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Yeah the Jay-z album is so so to me. The Snoop album is pretty good, though I do think (no personal horn tooting-related) this is one of the better tracks.

Great shit.

You didn't like the rest of the CD? To me, this was a solid listen, at least the first few few times through.

Ha ha, this was my first thought on hearing it.

Frequency, great track. Thank you for inspiring Snoop to release something like this. While I've enjoyed a lot of his music over the last few years I've been waiting for him to prove he can still lay down something with a flow like this.

Overall enjoyed the album, not groundbreaking but solid enough.

The new R.Kelly joint is lava. Especially w/ them doin the Wop.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Good shit Frequency.

• that jamie foxx track is pretty crazy too, and in the club if people start to get tired snoop does the whole "don't cha" thing and everyone is hooked on the song again.

Frequency: your track is pretty dope too. when you sell a beat to a big rapper like snoop do you go in the studio and alter it for him or do you just send a finished beat and let his engineers edit the length of it to snoops flow?

• Frequency: your track is pretty dope too. when you sell a beat to a big rapper like snoop do you go in the studio and alter it for him or do you just send a finished beat and let his engineers edit the length of it to snoops flow?

They actually flew me out to LA to sequence/arrange the song around his vocals and then I sat with the engineer to oversee the mix. It was very hands on and an awesome experience.....not to mention in the room next door was Timbaland and Justin Timberlake finshing up his album.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Frequency: your track is pretty dope too. when you sell a beat to a big rapper like snoop do you go in the studio and alter it for him or do you just send a finished beat and let his engineers edit the length of it to snoops flow?

They actually flew me out to LA to sequence/arrange the song around his vocals and then I sat with the engineer to oversee the mix. It was very hands on and an awesome experience.....not to mention in the room next door was Timbaland and Justin Timberlake finshing up his album.

• And just to keep this threat "Record Related"....