NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I agree that Phoenix and Dallas are the two best teams in basketball.

And this means what?

That on January 19, 2007, they are unequivocably the best. Early favorites to make the Finals. Regular season discussion. Cna't have it both ways BATMON. Again, what does the regular season mean?

You guys say this every week. I know the truth but shit is real redundant.

• I agree that Phoenix and Dallas are the two best teams in basketball.

And this means what?

That on January 19, 2007, they are unequivocably the best. Early favorites to make the Finals. Regular season discussion. Cna't have it both ways BATMON. Again, what does the regular season mean?

AND WE GON STAY SAYIN IT TIL JUNE WHEN TONY CUBES IS GETTIN THE TROPHY.

DEAL BATCHES!!!!!

Please to list things that are OKAY to post about in this thread.

"That dood's braids are cool"

"Look at those dope sneakers"

"What a fancy dunk"

???????????????????

And this means what?

DEAL BATCHES!!!!!

"What a fancy dunk"

???????????????????

What/where do you think the Mavs can improve? Bench production? Offensive rebounds?
    What teams are you concerned with? Why isnt Howard in the AllStar Game?
    Who would u like to see get more consistant?

• What/where do you think the Mavs can improve? Bench production? Offensive rebounds?

I think they still need to get more consistent on driving to the hoop. Heard a stat last night...mavs are last or next to last in paint points. I'm happy w/ the bench for sure: Stack, GBuck, AJohnson, George, Diop. They were KILLING the offensive boards last night but I think they are middle of the pack statistically there so yes, you can ALWAYS improve that stat. Howard as an All-Star? You know the Mavs fans want that baaaad...but Dirk doesn't even get in on the ballot. So at forward he has to crack KG, Timmy, Dirk, Melo (suspension?), Marion, Brand, etc. At guard Kobe, Nash, AI (now), Ray Allen, Baron Davis, etc. It's tough to do but I was gonna do a stat comparison to see if he's as far off from some of those guys as the public perceives it. Finally, I'd like to see JET get more consistent as a true PG. 13 dimes last night was a start.

What/where do you think the Mavs can improve? Bench production? Offensive rebounds?

I think they still need to get more consistent on driving to the hoop. Heard a stat last night...mavs are last or next to last in paint points. I'm happy w/ the bench for sure: Stack, GBuck, AJohnson, George, Diop. They were KILLING the offensive boards last night but I think they are middle of the pack statistically there so yes, you can ALWAYS improve that stat. Howard as an All-Star? You know the Mavs fans want that baaaad...but Dirk doesn't even get in on the ballot. So at forward he has to crack KG, Timmy, Dirk, Melo (suspension?), Marion, Brand, etc. At guard Kobe, Nash, AI (now), Ray Allen, Baron Davis, etc. It's tough to do but I was gonna do a stat comparison to see if he's as far off from some of those guys as the public perceives it. Finally, I'd like to see JET get more consistent as a true PG. 13 dimes last night was a start.

Real talk.

Who purer as a PG, Harris or Terry. I always though Terry was a shooting pg. I dont think at this point he's gonna distribute more.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

And this means what?

You sound like somebody that still votes Tracy McGrady to the All Star team.

It means that come playoff time the Pacers don't stand a chance.

Unless of course Mr. Bird teaches Troy Murphy how to play like he did.

Not sure how the McGrady crack is an insult???

I'd vote for Josh Howard instead.

GP....empty your PM's

And this means what?

DEAL BATCHES!!!!!

"What a fancy dunk"

???????????????????

Josh is not on the All-Star team because the average NBA fan is like the average SS hoops fan....they don't recognize consistant and fundamental play.....they vote for the dude with the most street cred, best sneaker line and longest rap sheet.

The ONLY thing the Mav's can improve on is perfecting their defense and keeping their focus/intensity.

And when your team goes on a 19 of 20 stretch you can come here and talk it up all you want....it's an accomplishment.

And it means a hell of a lot more than some dude's wet dream about The Answer and Melo dominating the league without ever stepping on the court together yet.

And at this point, the ONLY team Mav's fans are fearing are the Suns.

• Who purer as a PG, Harris or Terry. I always though Terry was a shooting pg. I dont think at this point he's gonna distribute more.

I don't think either is close to a true PG. You may be right, Devin might be more likely to change his stripes at this point. JET is surprising me this year...he's definitely trying to be more of a distributor.

• Not sure how the McGrady crack is an insult???

I just don't understand how you could vote McGrady in over Nash, AI or Kobe.

Are there actually still Rockets fans out there anymore? I was hype on them... When it was Smith, Horry and Olajuwon anyway...

• GP....empty your PM's
    Sorry dude. It's done.

And at this point, the ONLY team Mav's fans are fearing are the Suns.

non-factor?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Josh is not on the All-Star team because the average NBA fan is like the average SS hoops fan....they don't recognize consistant and fundamental play.....they vote for the dude with the most street cred, best sneaker line and longest rap sheet.

I think your giving the ASG voters too much credit; I don't think most of them pay attention to the NBA at all.

Hence Vince Carter consistently receiving so many votes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not sure how the McGrady crack is an insult???

I just don't understand how you could vote McGrady in over Nash, AI or Kobe.

It's been theorized that this is the Chinese vote, which anybody who plays alongside Yao also benefits from.

See: Steve Francis

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    10,000th view of this thread.

Carry on...

10,000th view of this thread.

Carry on...

Were gonna need a new thread after the All Star break, cause im not readin through all this!

Its GP's turn to start the second half of the season thread.

• Maaaan...I forgot to post about the ONE thing I wanted to after last night's broadcast......

WHO YOU GOT IN BEVETA VS. THE CHUCKSTER? I'M GOIN DICKIE B. ALL THE WAY!!!!!

All-Star game in LV??? Craazy.

Glad to see Ernie Johnson is bouncing back from his bout w/ cancer. That show can be really good/funny.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    That show can be really good/funny.

I agree, all the photoshop they do on the fly is hee-larious

hi

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    WHO YOU GOT IN BEVETA VS. THE CHUCKSTER? I'M GOIN DICKIE B. ALL THE WAY!!!!!

The Chuckster's gonna get his ass kicked.

And yeah, that show is great--a postgame show that's actually worth watching. Barkley riffing about taking charges and how anytime somebody tried to draw a charge on him, he'd kick 'em in the nuts as hard as he could: hilarious. Charles: "See, you can get hurt playing defense!"

• 2 wins in a row before melo's return. Memphis bout to get rolled on Monday. Sorry, I'm just excited folks.

My man had 26 points and 17 boards. Monster Camby. I wish he would play like that every game. Fuck a yao ming for all star center in the west!

Edit: Oh shit, I just noticed Lebron even had a triple double last night, 30 pts, 10 assists, 10 boards.

• the last two knicks games make me wish i didnt even like basketball

the last two knicks games make me wish i didnt even like basketball

At least they're competitive.

• 2 wins in a row before melo's return. Memphis bout to get rolled on Monday. Sorry, I'm just excited folks.

You should get hype. Can't wait to see Mavs v. a full Nugs squad. Good luck!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

And playing with some motherfucking heart.

They just need to learn how to close better, and they will.

And playing with some motherfucking heart.

They just need to learn how to close better, and they will.

No doubt. But not tonight!!!!!!!

Mike Krzyzewski called Dunleavy ???the most versatile player we???ve had here since Grant Hill"[/b]

oh well

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Everybody comes to play against the Lakers. This is hella gay. I'm out.

All you Shaq haters explain this to me...

With Shaq = NBA Title

W/O Shaq - 9 & 9 at Home!!(9 & 10 after today)

You should get hype. Can't wait to see Mavs v. a full Nugs squad. Good luck!

yes, nugs vs dallas and nugs vs phx - 2 games that i've been waiting for!

oh and make that three wins, we got one in houston last night too. the team is playing so good right now... throw anthony into the mix and it is going to be !

ps- go saints!