NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Knicks suffered a 27-0 run in the first quarter against the heat

• but AI and Mello were looking like they were having a LOT of fun out there. could be dangerous

the team is looking promising right now. everybody is playing well.
    najera is back to 100%
    nene is starting to show and prove a little
    marcus been dropping 15+ pts and pulling 15+ rebounds every game and I believe is leading the league in blocks per game again
    melo had 28 his first game back and couldn't hit a shot to save his life (jump shot should be back tonight, look for 35+)
    Smith was draining threes and throwing down dunks off the bench. plus they are playing smith at the 2 and at the small forward position, which is exactly what he should be doing.
    AI is OK with not scoring 30 a game, he just wants wins
    Blake is the white dude answer to Andre Miller. 12 assists last night.

i like what melo said in the press conference last night. He said something about how this is the perfect time to start gelling and getting set because in March they are going to be extremely solid and tough to beat. We're going for the division title again this year and a higher seed in the playoffs.

seeing Melo throwing down alley oops from the Answer is some next level shit though. I feel like I'm watching somebody play a video game.

• First off, if you have satellite or cable and don't pay for the League Pass, there is a free preview that starts tonite and lasts about a week so check for it.

Now, Mavs and Suns both play on the East Coast tonite, at Orlando and the Wizards respectively. I could see the Mavs catchin an 'L' cos the Magic always play them tough. Both teams stuck on 8 losses for a minute. Hope Arenas and the boys come to play tonight. That Phx/Was game could go in the 130s easy.

• Yeah I got the email about the league pass trial today too, that shit is awesome, too bad i couldnt' buy it even if i wanted to. my landlord controls the sattelite channels.

I'm really liking Washington this year. Caron Butler is doing a great job. Of course Arenas is a killer, and Jameson is nice too. That's a dope scoring trio right there. I would tune in tonight if the Nugs weren't playing Seattle tonight... I'll pull for the Wizzies though. Suns can stand a few losses. So can DALLAS. Go Orlando.

• Yeah I got the email about the league pass trial today too, that shit is awesome, too bad i couldnt' buy it even if i wanted to. my landlord controls the sattelite channels.

I'm really liking Washington this year. Caron Butler is doing a great job. Of course Arenas is a killer, and Jameson is nice too. That's a dope scoring trio right there. I would tune in tonight if the Nugs weren't playing Seattle tonight... I'll pull for the Wizzies though. Suns can stand a few losses. So can DALLAS. Go Orlando.

Please. You can watch both. Dallas and Phx tip off at 5 where you are. Hater.

• Looks like the Bulls "showcased" Gordon tonight as he went for 31.

The Bulls wouldn't trade Gordon and Deng for Pau. Those two are the main scorers on the team. They might give up one but even that is doubtful. I could see them parting with a lot of their other guys but Gordon, Deng and Kirk are pretty much untouchable unless it's involving Garnett.

they'd have to throw in pj brown to make it work salary-wise, which they wouldn't have much problem doing ... i think deng would be the sticking point. he's improved so much and is still only 21 - if they were to pull something off i'm sure they'd much rather sub in ty thomas and maybe a pick + brown + gordon (as nice as he's been recently, he's still small and streaky, and the bulls have a shooting guard prospect they really like in sefolosha ... so it wouldn't be the worst thing for them if they traded gordon).

it would be a big risk, because it would disrupt a core that's working pretty well together as is, and pau is the kind of first-option player who could either fit in spectacularly well or horribly bad. either way it's an awfully high profile trade to pull off so i doubt the bulls would rush headlong into something like that .... gordon + deng + brown would be a great package for memphis if not for rudy gay, who seems to be more or less a younger version of deng.

Please. You can watch both. Dallas and Phx tip off at 5 where you are. Hater.

oh shit good call. actually, i will watch them when I get home, catch the second half or somethin'. and hey at least i hate equally, i want every team in the west except the nugs to fall!!!!!! hahaha

• Pfft. SUns are crushing the Bullets. Hold on Mavs! The Suns game isn't on the LP for some reason.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mavs are up 18 halfway through the second quarter...

Let's just end the season now and let the Mavs & Suns play a 7 game series.

• Man both those teams are on fire tonight. Mavs shooting 70%.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    SUns are crushing the Bullets.

Bullets?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Let's just end the season now and let the Mavs & Suns play a 7 game series.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Denver has to learn to play real defense. Camby isnt enuff to put them over the top defensively.

The Wizards imagine themselves as the East coast Suns which is st8 bullshit. They only have 3 cats who are productive whereas the Suns have 6-8 cats who kill it.

I want a MUTOMBO jersey now, after Bush gave him props.

Pau Gasol has to get out of Memphis or he'll end up like Garnett. But if the Bulls give up Gordon they'll be buggin. I guess u gotta give to get.

Wallace
    Gasol
    Nocioni
    Duhan/?
    Hinrich...................might work?

High scoring offenses dont mean shit. Dont be bamboozelled by "entertaining" basketball.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    High scoring offenses dont mean shit. Dont be bamboozelled by "entertaining" basketball.

True, but I think the Suns are proving it's key to have high scoring offense and a 1/2 decent defense that keeps on improving. Amare and Kurt Thomas are doing most of the work, along with Marion. They aren't just high offense anymore, dogg. Kurt Thomas better get well soon though.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

Wallace
    Gasol
    Nocioni
    Duhan/?

that backcourt looks real suspect w/o deng and gordon. i'd try hard to retain gordon in any trade, that dude is pretty clutch.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

True, but I think the Suns are proving it's key to have high scoring offense and a 1/2 decent defense that keeps on improving. Amare and Kurt Thomas are doing most of the work, along with Marion. They aren't just high offense anymore, dogg. Kurt Thomas better get well soon though.

2005-06 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
    2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
    2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
    2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
    1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-2 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles

U better hope they can reverse the trend.

• Pfft. SUns are crushing the Bullets. Hold on Mavs! The Suns game isn't on the LP for some reason.

Yeah I knew it was a long shot for the Magic. The Suns game was on NBATV that's why it wasn't on a LP channel. Suns and Mavs both murdered their opponents.

Denver has to learn to play real defense. Camby isnt enuff to put them over the top defensively.

TELL ME ABOUT IT. We played ZERO defense last night and won luckily, I will admit that. We have some amazing offensive options now though, so that part is handled. We just need to work on that D. I just don't get it, half this team can potentially play great defense, but they don't. Especially Carmelo. We know the guy can shoot, drive to the basket, pass, steal, etc., but his fundamental defense is non-existent and a player of his caliber and potential honestly has no excuse. We will not make it through more than 2 rounds in the playoffs if we don't figure something out there.

Also let me just say that Ray Allen is a monster and needs to play with somebody else as good as him. He deserves better than what the Sonics have right now.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Last night's Denver/Seattle game was one of the more entertaining games I've seen this season. You could tell from jump that it was going to be a run and gun night. Denver really does need to tighten up on defense, they were letting Chris Wilcox have is way with them on the inside and they definitely didn't have an answer for Ray Allen, but that didn't surprise me. Denver is a very exciting team to watch right now, the question is can they gel enough now that we're officially half way through the season to make some noise in the playoffs.

Updated: Jan. 23, 2007, 2:55 PM ET

Sloan sets midnight curfew for Jazz on the roadESPN.com news services[/b]

In 19 years, Jerry Sloan, known for running a tight ship, has never put the Utah Jazz on a curfew for an entire season.

Until now.

When traveling with the team on the road, each player must be in his room by midnight or face punishment, Sloan said Monday. The curfew has been in place since a preseason incident in Portland involving four Utah players and an exotic dancer.

Earlier this month, the Multnomah County, Ore., district attorney's office said police found no evidence of a crime in the Oct. 23 incident, in which four Utah players returned to their hotel at 2:30 a.m. after spending hours at a nightclub.

"I've never done that before, not for the whole season, but I just felt we needed to have some rules," Sloan said, according to the Salt Lake Tribune. "This team has a lot of young guys. After what happened in Portland, we just thought, 'Let's try to keep things under control.'"

Sloan said he has not conducted bed checks. He would not say if any players have violated the rule.

"I don't want to be in every guy's personal life, [so] every time they turn around they see me trying to police everything they do," Sloan said, according to the Tribune. "Hopefully, they understand basketball is what we're here for. It's not totally entertainment off the floor."

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Trying to maintain that "Utah vibe" on the road, huh. That sucks.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Trying to maintain that "Utah vibe" on the road, huh. That sucks.

Nah, grown men should exercise sound judgment. It's sad that adults have to be treated like children because they're immature. Basketball is their business, they signed on for hefty paydays, so they should conduct themselves with a modicum of dignity and self-respect. "To whom much is given, much is required." You can't put a price-tag on class.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I was just taking a shot at conservative Utah. It probably was a wise move on Sloan's part. I can imagine that Deron Williams and Dee Brown, college teammates at Illinois, were two of the culprits.

They were both involved in the greatest game I ever witnessed, when Illinois came back from 15 down with about four minutes to play and beat Arizona in the NCAA tourney a few years back.

2005-06 Miami Heat Dallas Mavericks 4-2 Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
    2004-05 San Antonio Spurs Detroit Pistons 4-3 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    2003-04 Detroit Pistons Los Angeles Lakers 4-1 Chauncey Billups, Detroit Pistons
    2002-03 San Antonio Spurs New Jersey Nets 4-2 Tim Duncan, San Antonio
    2001-02 Los Angeles Lakers New Jersey Nets 4-0 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
    2000-01 Los Angeles Lakers Philadelphia 76ers 4-1 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles
    1999-00 Los Angeles Lakers Indiana Pacers 4-2 Shaquille O'Neal, Los Angeles

U better hope they can reverse the trend.

Barbosa is fuckin' sick.

Phoenix can beat just about anybody except for Dallas and SA in a 7 game series.

Which means, Dallas should win it all this year. What's their record against SA this year?

Really, Dallas plays both up-tempo and grind-it-out basketball that's required in the playoffs. Phoenix obviously doesn't have the latter.

• Barbosa is fuckin' sick.

Phoenix can beat just about anybody except for Dallas and SA in a 7 game series.

Which means, Dallas should win it all this year. What's their record against SA this year?

Really, Dallas plays both up-tempo and grind-it-out basketball that's required in the playoffs. Phoenix obviously doesn't have the latter.

Hmmm. I don't know if I like this. Go back to hating and underestimating the Mavs, por favor. Bad luck and shit.

• C'MON NY KNICKS!! LET'S GET THIS DONE TONITE, MMKAY?

C'MON NY KNICKS!! LET'S GET THIS DONE TONITE, MMKAY?

Yuichi soundin' like you, then you soundin' like him.

I'll be watching betwixt my fingers tonight.

Barbosa is fuckin' sick.

Hmmm. I don't know if I like this. Go back to hating and underestimating the Mavs, por favor. Bad luck and shit.

Uhhh, stop getting it twisted. I never underestimated them, I just said they're HELLA GAY YO. This is their championship to lose, and I hope they lose it, to the Lakers.

• C'MON NY KNICKS!! LET'S GET THIS DONE TONITE, MMKAY?

C'MON NY KNICKS!! LET'S GET THIS DONE TONITE, MMKAY?

Actually, there's a difference. I consistently speak the truth when it comes to this shit.

• Actually, there's a difference. I consistently speak the truth when it comes to this shit.

B/W