NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• the bulls don't play defense on their feet.

seriously, thats the floppinest team i ever saw in my damn life.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    PJ Brown wants out of that team. I wonder who they get for him.

• PJ Brown wants out of that team. I wonder who they get for him.

it's probably going to be a big'n. they went full on into win now mode when they signed wallace .... now they need to get the missing piece. i shudder to think it might be pierce, but i wouldn't be surprised. or ray allen.

it's probably going to be a big'n. they went full on into win now mode when they signed wallace .... now they need to get the missing piece. i shudder to think it might be pierce, but i wouldn't be surprised. or ray allen.

A scoring forward would work well. Deng and Nocioni are very good players though.
    I cant see Ray Allen if they have Ben Gordon.

• gordon is a bench player though. they're starting hinrich and duhon in the backcourt. they'd probably be better off with a power forward who can score in the post (ie. gasol), but getting a true SG who can shoot and going with wallace/nocioni/deng up front would work just as well.

gordon is a bench player though. they're starting hinrich and duhon in the backcourt. they'd probably be better off with a power forward who can score in the post (ie. gasol), but getting a true SG who can shoot and going with wallace/nocioni/deng up front would work just as well.

To aquire that Allstar SG theyre gonna have to dump somebody. And your talkin before mid Feb. I dont see it. Ben Gordon plays starters minutes. He just comes off the bench.

• it's not really a matter of whether ben gordon is starting or not, it's a matter of his consistency as well as his size. the bulls actually have one of the better combinations of assets in the league in terms of getting a deal done. they could probably get any available star (gasol, pierce, allen, lewis, et al) for brown, gordon, and their first round pick (which is most likely going to end up being the knicks' pick, and a good one in a great draft). and for what it's worth, allen and wallace both expire in 2009/10, so acquiring him in a trade would do nothing bad for their salary cap situation.

i'm not predicting it or anything, but it's only a matter of time before seattle does something big to move in a different direction because they're clearly not winning with that group and they have a lot of money tied up in it. i wouldn't be at all surprised to see both allen and lewis somewhere else by this time next year ...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

P.J. Brown is 37 years old and WAY past his prime. I find it hard to believe any team would give up a Pierce or Allen for what Brown can offer at this point.

• he's an expiring contract, nothing more.

P.J. Brown is 37 years old and WAY past his prime. I find it hard to believe any team would give up a Pierce or Allen for what Brown can offer at this point.

True, but veteran Fowards can teach footwork and old tricks to young cats.
    He's a role player that can still block shots and rebound. Dale Davis is in the same bag. Dude can fit in somewhere where their roster is lacking a vet. These young cats need an old man to school them. Its not always about numbers and production. Chemistry and class is a big factor. P.J. Brown would provide both if placed in the right system.

He's a role player that can still block shots and rebound. Dale Davis is in the same bag. Dude can fit in somewhere where their roster is lacking a vet. These young cats need an old man to school them. Its not always about numbers and production. Chemistry and class is a big factor. P.J. Brown would provide both if placed in the right system.

I believe that. I just don't see any team trading him straight up for someone like Pierce.

I believe that. I just don't see any team trading him straight up for someone like Pierce.

Of course not. And i know he and his agent konw that as well. He just wants out.

Paging Yuichi...................

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I want 2 hrs of my life back. Kobe didn't have any lift in his legs cuz of illness.
    And ofcourse, who doesn't wanna beat the Lakers on Christmas? Hella gay.

I want 2 hrs of my life back. Kobe didn't have any lift in his legs cuz of illness.
    And ofcourse, who doesn't wanna beat the Lakers on Christmas? Hella gay.

Did he at least rack up assists?

• I believe that. I just don't see any team trading him straight up for someone like Pierce.

who said anything about straight up? any team looking to dump its star player and move in a different direction is going to demand some combination of cap relief, talent, and picks. he's the cap relief.

who said anything about straight up? any team looking to dump its star player and move in a different direction is going to demand some combination of cap relief, talent, and picks. he's the cap relief.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

i am loving our bench. as soon as will and maxy get some confidence, they will be murder. but guarentee they will shit their pants in the playoffs (knock on wood).

I dare somebody to tell me some B.S. about the Knicks right now.

• I dare somebody to tell me some B.S. about the Knicks right now.

yep yep! that triple OT was gritty! i need some audio clips from 1050am...anyone listen to them broadcasts?...gus johnson almost had a heart attack...

• i'll tell you it took them 3 OT's to beat the pistons with billups going 3-13 and tayshaun 4-16.

and they're 13-18.

in the atlantic.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I dare somebody to tell me some B.S. about the Knicks right now.

Come talk to me when they're over 500 and get a playoff spot.

LAKERS.

i'll tell you it took them 3 OT's to beat the pistons with billups going 3-13 and tayshaun 4-16.

and they're 13-18.

in the atlantic.

Like triple OT is out of line against a Pistons team with the second best record in the league...

Have fun hating. In the meantime, you missed the best game yet this season.

It was hard to root for anyone besides my home town boys, but New York earned that win tonight.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i'll tell you it took them 3 OT's to beat the pistons with billups going 3-13 and tayshaun 4-16.

and they're 13-18.

in the atlantic.

Like triple OT is out of line against a Pistons team with the second best record in the league...

It was hard to root for anyone besides my home town boys, but New York earned that win tonight.

Knicks did not earn a win last night. The pistons just sucked it up. Rip adopted the Sheeds MO. He did get fouled, but that is fucking bullshit to fervently argue in a game so close. he was sick the whole game, but that was inexcusable. fucker cost us the game.

delfino shined and made up for the nets debacle, nazr and duce really saved us with second change points, but really all our starters minus rip (but i negate the 51 pts from the 3 OT crying) sucked balls.

knicks are not good. and i hate to say it drewn, but ive lost respect for zeke ( )

• Like triple OT is out of line against a Pistons team with the second best record in the league...

who's hating? ok. they've won 4 out of 5. a couple good teams in there. that is not enough reason for me to stop talking bs about the knicks. 4/5 starters and half their semi-legitimate bench players are crazy. and zeke? please. this is enough to keep me talking bs about the knicks.

they've won 4 out of 5. a couple good teams in there.

4/5 starters and half their semi-legitimate bench players are crazy.

Those all sound like good things to me. Where's the issue?

and zeke? please. this is enough to keep me talking bs about the knicks.

Is there supposed to be a caption with that picture? I don't understand what you're referring to here.

and they're 13-18.

in the atlantic.

Knicks did not earn a win last night. The pistons just sucked it up. Rip adopted the Sheeds MO. He did get fouled, but that is fucking bullshit to fervently argue in a game so close. he was sick the whole game, but that was inexcusable. fucker cost us the game.

delfino shined and made up for the nets debacle, nazr and duce really saved us with second change points, but really all our starters minus rip (but i negate the 51 pts from the 3 OT crying) sucked balls.

knicks are not good. and i hate to say it drewn, but ive lost respect for zeke ( )

How did the Knicks NOT earn that win last night? The tech on Rip was rough, but I don't hear you complaining about Sheed's no-call foul on Carter the night before. Shit happens, sometimes it works in one team's favor, sometimes it doesn't. Still doesn't take away from the Knicks shooting 56% in the game and buzzer beating shot Frye hit for another O.T. to keep them in the game. The Knicks are winning basketball games right now and they're certainly better now than they were at this point last season (isn't that the larger point here?)...moving in the right direction.

Otherwise, hey, no sweat off my back, hommie. There's a rather large club of people who dislike Isiah for one reason or another. You're just (unfortunately) the newest member (although you haven't explained why). Who's passion for the game do you think was responsible for those back-to-back Championships that we innate Pistons fans hang our hats on? But, he's giving New York something to be excited about, that's for sure.

• "this" was referring to my prior points. the picture was the cherry on top.

no doubt winning 4 out 5 is good. especially with utah, bulls, and pistons in there. but they're 13-18 now, so they were 9-17 before that. i'm not cheering a 9-17 team that just went on a 4 out of 5 game run.

no doubt winning 4 out 5 is good. especially with utah, bulls, and pistons in there. but they're 13-18 now, so they were 9-17 before that. i'm not cheering a 9-17 team that just went on a 4 out of 5 game run.

That's fair. I think the west coast road trip they're on for the next several games will be a good test.

PHX
    LAC
    SAC
    POR
    SEA

Let's see what happens.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I don't hear you complaining about Sheed's no-call foul on Carter the night before. Shit happens...

dood... rip lost his temper, understandably in a pretty exausted state. but that was the straw. id go as bold to say that we wouldve won that game if rip chilled out. (that sheed no-call was stupid call on his part, and i can only hope he got heat from flip)

There's a rather large club of people who dislike Isiah. You're just the newest member (although you haven't explained why).

im not really complaining about his coaching strat, ive just lost respect for him as as a person. his demeanor amidst the msg melee was pretty despicable. this thread is gotten pretty crazy since the last time ive chimed in, so excuse the reiteration. but condoning any sort of brawling on the court pretty shameful.