NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• I'm just wondering how this thread can be almost as long as the NFL thread when these games don't even mean jackshit right now.

I mean the NBA is a fun lil' league that you can watch when that real schitt the NFL ain't on.

Y'all know David Stern has pretty much ruined the league, right? Did he pose with Dwayne Wade and Bennett Salvatore on the "Sportsman of the Year" issue of SI?

Tell 'em why you mad, though...

How has David Stern ruined the league - with a new basketball, or a dress code? And do you mean after he saved the league from near-bankruptcy?

Football is fun if you are a meathead and/or you bet on games.

• I'm just wondering how this thread can be almost as long as the NFL thread when these games don't even mean jackshit right now.

I mean the NBA is a fun lil' league that you can watch when that real schitt the NFL ain't on.

Y'all know David Stern has pretty much ruined the league, right? Did he pose with Dwayne Wade and Bennett Salvatore on the "Sportsman of the Year" issue of SI?

Tell 'em why you mad, though...

How has David Stern ruined the league - with a new basketball, or a dress code? And do you mean after he saved the league from near-bankruptcy?

Football is fun if you are a meathead and/or you bet on games.

He just seems to be on some Czar shit to me. Ruling w/ an ironfist. I don't care about a new ball or the dress code or behavioral parameters, but I don't like how they were just foisted on the league. It's seems, to me, the league is marketed to one group without realizing what's really going on.

But, I am a meathead, so feel free to disregard these takes.

I'm stirring a little here, but I can't really get into NBA games until at earliest after the New Year.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm just wondering how this thread can be almost as long as the NFL thread when these games don't even mean jackshit right now.

YOU GET BAN!!!

I can't really get into NBA games until at earliest after the New Year.

BAN YOURSELF!!!!!

• I can't really get into NBA games until at earliest after the New Year.

BAN YOURSELF!!!!!

Is that like the 3-6 track "Kill Yo'self"?

Hey, BAN away, but if you don't watch football, you should check the sky for falling Milwaukee's Best Light cans.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I suppose this is an appropriate time to use this. the hell outta here with that bullschitt.

The Lakers are an exciting team to watch right now.

• I mean the NBA is a fun lil' league that you can watch when that real schitt the NFL ain't on.

I suppose this is an appropriate time to use this. the hell outta here with that bullschitt.

I do recall Batmon being a big proponent of "the regular season don't mean schitt".

Hey, to each his own. It's clear which league gets the most love over here on this site, and I was just remarking about that.

I can't really get into NBA games until at earliest after the New Year.

BAN YOURSELF!!!!!

NOT A TRU WARIER.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Why would I wanna see a Lakers game?

Why would I wanna see a Lakers game?

Because they actually have potential. For that matter any team under Phil Jackson does. see: near-upset of Suns with young and inexperienced Laker squad.
    Also see: This season's wins over good teams.

I might even say that because we're an underdog now, we're more fun to watch than say the Championship Lakers, who would blow teams out by 20 at the half.

I do recall Batmon being a big proponent of "the regular season don't mean schitt".

It still doesnt. Its sport & entertainment.
    I wouldnt go up in the NFL thread and start hattin.
    And the way Dallas Mavs look GP, u should be firin' up the grill this year.

but if you don't watch football, you should check the sky for falling Milwaukee's Best Light cans.

Chris Rock stole my shoes! (Except his are fugging dirty.)

• I do recall Batmon being a big proponent of "the regular season don't mean schitt".

It still doesnt. Its sport & entertainment.
    I wouldnt go up in the NFL thread and start hattin.

Is "firing up the grill" a good or bad thing in this case?

The way I assess the Mavs chances are this: they have a good team, should be better than last year based on the pieces added. They need to TCB in the regular season for seeding purposes, and it's going to come down to another titanic series w/ the Spurs or Suns probably. The Mavs have it in them to beat anyone at this point, it's just on them to show the heart to do it.

I'm just fucking around. I'm an NFL man all the way, NBA is mos def my second favorite sport. I do have issues w/ D Stern tho.

Is "firing up the grill" a good or bad thing in this case?

Good Thang!!!

Lakers came out VERY flat last night against the Rockets, they're down by 21 at one point. Guess who steps up? Shane Battier had him locked down in the first half. But at the end of the night, it comes down to double overtime, 53 points, and the win. "By any means necessary". That shake and bake, and reverse dunk on Yao was sick. He got lift in his legs again.

There's Michael Jordan. And then there's Kobe Bryant. Deal with it.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dude that fany game made me a Kobe believer. If only the rest of the team would step up. THEY NEED ODOM LIKE SUNS NEED STAT.

DEALING. KOBE IS THE REAL, FOR REAL.

DOUBLE OVERTIME? SIKNESS

Lakers came out VERY flat last night against the Rockets, they're down by 21 at one point. Guess who steps up? Shane Battier had him locked down in the first half. But at the end of the night, it comes down to double overtime, 53 points, and the win. "By any means necessary". That shake and bake, and reverse dunk on Yao was sick. He got lift in his legs again.

True, but i bet Phil Jackson would like to see a more balanced attack. If Kobe has to score over 40 in order for you to win, that's real suspect.

it was the fadeaway
    and the shot around Yao
    holy fuk

True, but i bet Phil Jackson would like to see a more balanced attack. If Kobe has to score over 40 in order for you to win, that's real suspect.

No doubt. That's why we need Odom back in the lineup like Mylatency said.

Dude that fany game made me a Kobe believer. If only the rest of the team would step up. THEY NEED ODOM LIKE SUNS NEED STAT.

DEALING. KOBE IS THE REAL, FOR REAL.

DOUBLE OVERTIME? SIKNESS

I'd say the worst double OT Lakers loss in my memory was the regular season game against San Anotonio, when Manu was KILLIN' our Lakers. You tell me about depressing, my friends and I were hollering like maniacs for 3+ hrs, and then we lose.

Does Tracy McGrady play anymore. Its seem Sade has more albums than he has logged minutes.

Money is brittle.

Does Tracy McGrady play anymore. Its seem Sade has more albums than he has logged minutes.

Money is brittle.

lol!!!!!

60-

60-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was in Kobe's house, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was in Kobe's house, right?

You're instigating like Nate Robinson.......

Ah man...I was just making sure I saw that right.

Anyway, in other news:

Second year Piston Jason Maxiell had his first career double-double with 12 points, 17 rebounds and the game winning jumper over the Sonics last night.

"Max ... Mac ... Maxwell, whatever his name is, he outrebounded our whole team," Rashard Lewis said. "Every time I turned around, he was coming out of nowhere. I don't think we put a body on him all night."

The kid had an amazing preseason, too. I hope he gets more shine after this breakout game. This is who should be playing center, not Nazr. J Max is fearless on the boards.

The kid had an amazing preseason, too. I hope he gets more shine after this breakout game. This is who should be playing center, not Nazr. J Max is fearless on the boards.

Nazr aint looking to good. How has my man Dale Davis been looking?

• 60-