Adult Swim & Stones Throw's CHROME CHILDREN

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
First of all, I want to say that I love and respect what Stones Throw does - but I dont generally like a lot of the records they put out? With the exception of the first records by Quasimoto, Madvillian and Donuts - most of the catalog I find kind of I picked this up on the strength of the j Dilla "Nothing Like This" track (so amazing!) - But this record really holds together!. It acctually might be the best comp i've bought in a minute. After the Koushik, Dilla and James Pants (Who's this?) tracks - it slows down a bit - but the 2nd half of this project is a killer. Starting with the J.Rocc track (he needs to do more music) and into the Gary Wilson sleaze funk and the Pure Essence track that RJD2 jacked - Anyone else get this?

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i saw the video podcast teaser for this thing... really got me itching to buy it for the dvd. mf dooms performance is pure

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Nice high quality (120 meg) version of the 'Nothing Like This' video

http://mixtapeclub.com/projects/jdilla/large/

12 meg version

http://mixtapeclub.com/projects/jdilla/small/

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

interesting? Nerdy NW funk...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    James Pants (Who's this?)

James is from Spokane, WA. I DJed with him just before he moved to L.A. to intern at Stones Throw, and I thought he was very talented and very nice.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    When I listened to the comp for the first time, I was not convinced and did not buy it. However, they currently sell it along with the free 7" picture disc and that??s kind of hot. I??ll give it another try.

try this:

• Just finished...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Just finished...

ummmm...

to the

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    DOOOPE!!!

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    i want this.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    , MIKE!

• worrrrrd thanks yall!
    poster will be available at select stops on tour and then on stones throw's site and the burlesque site after the tour wraps up.

you have no idea how good it feels to be finished working on this and to be able to look at the completed poster. for the last two months when anyone has asked me what i've been doing, it's been "stones throw poster."

• What's that artwork for/from??? Is that a Jank piece?? Is it from the actual Chrome Children album?

Can't find anything about it on the Stones Throw page...

Shit looks real good though.

EDIT ---- Well... guess you answered that while I was posting... lol Congrats on getting it done! I'd pick one up but I don't think they're coming through Toronto on this tour...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Just finished...

holy fucking shit.

YOU WIN AT LIFE

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Just finished...

holy fucking shit.

YOU WIN AT LIFE

THURRRED TO THA MAX
    HOLY

FUK

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    worrrrrd thanks yall!
    poster will be available at select stops on tour and then on stones throw's site and the burlesque site after the tour wraps up.

you have no idea how good it feels to be finished working on this and to be able to look at the completed poster. for the last two months when anyone has asked me what i've been doing, it's been "stones throw poster."
    that is pretty raw. props.

• I entered a contest at ST to get one of these prints. I hope I win!!!!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Just finished...

holy fucking shit.

YOU WIN AT LIFE

HOLY EFFING SH*T.

Word up to the max. Are them there robots doing the Kid 'N Play Kick Step in the Break Room?!

Herm

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    That poster is amazing... Nice work!

• Both album and poster is fantastic, that artwork is pure bliss i must say the album sleeve is also one of the best looking rap-related albums i've seen..

Big up to everyone!

peas
    L

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'd say Mike2600 owns this thread now. Nice job indeed. The actual album better be as good as that poster. My girl got it in the mail a while ago, but I haven't had time to hear it.

The actual album better be as good as that poster.

I dont think it is....

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    just bought it...

some great stuff and some (too much?) crap.
    my favourite tune is the one on the bonus 7"
    well done compilation though.

and this poster really looks great!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    woah.

that's major, Mike!

• mike,you funky cold rocked shit.That poster is extra nice nice.I would even call it special.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    WOOOW! That poster is beautiful. I just looked at the details for more than 20 minutes. Amazing!! I will definitely buy this when i can.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Brilliant poster dude. All the time missed on the board has been put to very, very good use. Love the detail and especially the colours - gives a nice warmth to what could have been a cold industrial process. Lots of love in them pinks. Like the swirling clouds with the face details coming from the chimneys. What's the pig by Madlib's name saying?

I hope this is made available outside of the tour... (hint hint )