where can i find a good ball cap?

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
my dude's ball cap game needs a lot improvement but i don't know where to find a nice cap. i am looking for something that has style but isn't too trendy or loud. he has maybe like two good a's hats and the rest are sorry. i don't know how to explain it but sometimes the hats he rocks make him look like he goes to sports bars in nebraska.....help!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    sometimes the hats he rocks make him look like he goes to sports bars in nebraska.....

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    nevermind...too easy.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    online i check out this spot (baseball caps though)

dugout memories

if you got folks in nyc, the newera flagship store is actually pretty good. they have a lot of that streetwear shit that looks like crap, but they have more good stuff. and damn near any sports team you can think of...

here's a write up about it.
    here

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    thanks for the link, jlee! throwback hats are a plus

i am feeling the new era batter up caps but the a's one is kinda hideous (and red) for some reason.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I really think if you're 25+, you should never wear caps day to day. Ok maybe if you're going fishing or actually playing baseball, some activity actually requiring shade.

it's not very "grown & sexy".

ps: I only wear hats in the winter, all "TOQUES" baby, haaaah.

• i am feeling the new era batter up caps but the a's one is kinda hideous (and red) for some reason.

Aren't those only in children's sizes?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I miss the days when you had to make the team to get the cool cap.

• There Lids(.com?). Plus they have a lot of stores, so maybe one is close to you. The Kangol baseball style caps are pretty nice and low key.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I really think if you're 25+, you should never wear caps day to day. Ok maybe if you're going fishing or actually playing baseball, some activity actually requiring shade.

it's not very "grown & sexy".

ps: I only wear hats in the winter, all "TOQUES" baby, haaaah.

i agree. he doesn't wear hats all the time only on lazy days or if his hair is looking crazy. but even so, i really don't like hats that aren't one color cause they remind me of jocks or dorks that wear mesh hats. he doesn't wear mesh hats or anything like that, but there is this one two colored CAT cap he wears ocassionally that he had from when he worked in construction that really bothers me and makes him look really whitebread. i want to burn it

i am feeling the new era batter up caps but the a's one is kinda hideous (and red) for some reason.

Aren't those only in children's sizes?

these?

no

thanks cosmo

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• you can come up on good new eras on ebay. just search for new era 59fifty or 5950 and his size, and just mess with the ones you know will fit. for instance, i know i can rock the reguler one color wools, no matter what team/color, the authentic 59fifties always fit perfect in a 7 3/8. However, if you try and get the crazy style ones (which you apparently aren't looking for anyway), the sizing gets a little funky. and new era basketball hats do not fit like MLB hats. I say stick with MLB. Reebok's NFL hats fit well too if the auth MLB 59fifties fit well. Here are some dope A's hats from a simple ebay search:

or of course just check out any sportsfan in any mall (they should have those out there), they usually have a couple decent new eras.

• distantreplays.com has all the old throwbacks, picked this one up not too long ago