Hey, I Got Engaged. WOO.

2»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this thread is both exciting and depressing

Congrats Nate

welcome to hell

• Congrats man!
    Not to steal any thunder but I got engaged as well. Happened last week in Tasmania (Coles Bay). Lovely spot and a lovely lady. We'll be in Vegas the first weekend in November to seal the deal (no long engagements here).
    We're registered at TSL, Groove Merchant, Dusty Groove, Plan 9, Princeton Record Exchange and the Salvation Army. Raerer the better. Thanks.

Congrats, and as a man who's engagment is nearing one year I salute your going to vegas plan.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Congrats man!
    Not to steal any thunder but I got engaged as well. Happened last week in Tasmania (Coles Bay). Lovely spot and a lovely lady. We'll be in Vegas the first weekend in November to seal the deal (no long engagements here).
    We're registered at TSL, Groove Merchant, Dusty Groove, Plan 9, Princeton Record Exchange and the Salvation Army. Raerer the better. Thanks.

nice! congrats to you as well. i just realized i'm getting married exactly 1 year from today. whoa.

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    you schedule sex.

We don't even HAVE kids and we still have to do this due to our work schedules.........

Oh yeah, congrats Nate!

Best advice I can give you: when planning the wedding, just leave it all up to her and what she likes EXCEPT for the DJing. This goes double ESPECIALLY if her mother is involved.

• Congratulations!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    here's to a bright future

less money on laaars, more money at bed bath & beyond.

• Let's start a wedding planning thread!

Seriously though, I could use it. Thats' that shit. Our caterer just fucking fucked up and we have to get a new one... this shit is like a trial dogs.

I've got no plans yet but I would be stoke on this:

Sharon Jones Performing from 8-10PM

RUB DJ'S From 10-ENDPM

WORD!

GOD this place gets gayer and gayer everyday. "Let's plan our wedding and squeal about rare soul music while we get our mani-pedi's".

Just because they don't allow gay marraige in your state doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards me.

Fag.

Ummmm! A little touchy about the gay comments, maybe you should let your girl know about that. Homophobic and a spoiled rich boy

• Best advice I can give you: when planning the wedding, just leave it all up to her and what she likes EXCEPT for the DJing. This goes double ESPECIALLY if her mother is involved.

This man speaks the truth.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Let's start a wedding planning thread!

Seriously though, I could use it. Thats' that shit. Our caterer just fucking fucked up and we have to get a new one... this shit is like a trial dogs.

I've got no plans yet but I would be stoke on this:

Sharon Jones Performing from 8-10PM

RUB DJ'S From 10-ENDPM

WORD!

GOD this place gets gayer and gayer everyday. "Let's plan our wedding and squeal about rare soul music while we get our mani-pedi's".

Just because they don't allow gay marraige in your state doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards me.

Fag.

Ummmm! A little touchy about the gay comments, maybe you should let your girl know about that. Homophobic and a spoiled rich boy

If you read your post you used the words "gayer and gayer" first.

If by being spoiled you mean being independant sinc 18 and fully employed then you got me.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I dropped in this week with my girlfriend Maria of 3.5 years. Big move but I'm stoked on it.

I proposed over some left-overs and Montalcino Rosso in the privacy of our home.

TAKE THAT SHIT TO www.THEKNOT.COM

YOU BI RECORD BALLER, HIPPY TRUST FUND RACIST.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Best advice I can give you: when planning the wedding, just leave it all up to her and what she likes EXCEPT for the DJing. This goes double ESPECIALLY if her mother is involved.

Well to debunk that theory, my wife-to-be has repeatedly requested a SUPER DOPE DJ of name and note to be our wedding DJ. Like seriously...

and plaese to post the drunk hippy balloon tittie fall over pic.

i need a laugh.

fast.

thankyou

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I proposed over some left-overs

[reynaldo] you sound poor [reynaldo]

naw, congrats Nate!

SUPER DOPE DJ of name and note to be our wedding DJ. Like seriously...

you gonna spin at your own wedding? damn.

i need a laugh.

fast.

thankyou

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No, I'm working the fondue station.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    big ups to RAJ, saving me the work of the reality check.

congrats!

i guesss...

i need a laugh.

fast.

thankyou

seriously. i get a natural high off that shit.

Why somebody hasn't made an avatar of this yet is beyond me.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Dollar Bin needs to make a gif of hippie dude break dancing.

Dollar Bin needs to make a gif of hippie dude break dancing.

What would be perfect...

Graemlin of that dude w/the caption "This place sucks"

paging dollarbin.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Congratulations! Once you get married, will your better half let you stay out longer on digging trips?

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Congrats!
    Best wishes to you, the fiance, and your future....

PS: when you bought the engagement ring, did they accept any "gear" in trade to cover partial costs?

• Best advice I can give you: when planning the wedding, just leave it all up to her and what she likes EXCEPT for the DJing. This goes double ESPECIALLY if her mother is involved.

Well to debunk that theory, my wife-to-be has repeatedly requested a SUPER DOPE DJ of name and note to be our wedding DJ. Like seriously...

I would also like to debunk this wedding myth...my wife asked my opinion on EVERYTHING, because i most certainly had one. Watch out; if you find you care this much about music, you probably also have an opinion on flowers, food, glassware, place settings, etc.

Don't get it twisted...You are throwing the best party of your life for your best friends in the world to celebrate the singular love of a lifetime. Goddamn right every aspect should be perfect.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Nate,

Don't be scurred off by the hate/reality check. My wife and I were together for some years before she shocked me to my JRoots and proposed to me (I proposed to her once, earlier on, but neither of us were really serious about it, and there was an obvious financial incentive offered if we were married at the time from a certain foundation). In the easiest decision of my life to date, i said yes. When the girl you're with is the bomb, you just WANT to be there with her for the rest of your life.

And as for the kids, they do change your life. There's no doubt about that. But they are so incredible that the tradeoff is a bargain in my opinion. I have had no greater feeling in my life than coming home after my daughter developed a routine that involved panting and chanting "dada" "dada" "dada" when she heard me coming up the stairs to our place, only to break into hilarious smiles and giggles and laughs when I came in the door. The high from that is better than sex, drugs, or rock n roll. Way better.

So nothing short of congratulations are in order on this momentous event. Laugh together. Live together. Love together. Stay together.

All the best,
    JRoot

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts

I would also like to debunk this wedding myth...my wife asked my opinion on EVERYTHING, because i most certainly had one. Watch out; if you find you care this much about music, you probably also have an opinion on flowers, food, glassware, place settings, etc.

Don't get it twisted...You are throwing the best party of your life for your best friends in the world to celebrate the singular love of a lifetime. Goddamn right every aspect should be perfect.

Let me debunk the debunkers although some great points were made.

Our wedding plans were HORRID. Especially since my mother in law was the one paying for it since she offered it when we she found out we were engaged. She didn't like ANYTHING we came up with saying "that's too much" and "I don't like that". We wanted a church wedding. Couldn't have that. We wanted our cake professionally done by a friend of ours who's a gourmet chef. That's too much (BTW, $300 for a gourmet wedding cake is NOT that much). We then wanted the wedding outdoors. Nope. It wasn't HER wedding, it was her daughters. It got to the point where we shelled out cash for a wedding chapel that we didn't have and just did it ourselves with MY parents help for that. MY parents were to the point where my dad just said "screw that, we'll take care of it, just get what you want" and of course that went over like a ton of bricks with her mom. Now granted, her dad helped out a lot. He paid for the catering and the reception hall amongst some other things. We tried to keep it reasonable pricewise, and it wasn't like her parents were struggling with money our anything. I mean, she changed my wife's wedding COLORS for crying out loud. Of all the things to change....

Anyways, we had to cut literally half our list of guests. People we wanted to be IN the wedding couldn't even COME. Our wedding was great, but just going through the hassle was ridiculous and a major bitchfest. We got over it though although I was asshurt for a little while over the whole experience. After the wedding was over, her parents and mine never spoke to each other again.

The best part of the honeymoon was my wife let me dig and I cleaned out most of Payson, Prescott, and Flagstaff Arizona. Came home with a trunk full of wax.

So all in all, whoever is shelling out the cheddar for the wedding has the biggest say in it IMO and if that's truly the case, then you may be in for it.

Best advice revised: Do NOT let the parental units get involved. PERIOD. It's YOUR day and when I say YOUR I mean both of you.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    i'm late with this.......

congrats Nate!!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    hey Nate! Congrats! Fuck what these haters are saying, they are not grown and sexy like you! You are going to be happy and awesome! Like me!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Nate, also wanted to offer my congrats to you and M*ria!