sabadabada HAS BEEN BANNED

Comments

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I'm sure I've missed a good portion of his posts but the ones I remember reading were against the political current of this board to be sure, but nothing "disruptive" unless you can't stand to hear a different point of view.

Well, sometimes he would argue politics in good faith (which I appreciated). But he also had a habit of dropping the pretext of good faith and just trying to goad people and piss them off b/w reverting to pointless sarcasm.

Generally speaking, I wouldn't have banned the guy. But in looking over the dialog that got him banned, it looks like Drewn thratened him with a ban, and Sab said, "Fine, do it!" Sort of like Bender in The Breakfast Club (sorry to make you Principal Vernon in this example, Drewn). If you ask for a ban...well, you'll likely get what you ask for. All the same, I'd be in favor of debanification.

Oh yeah, and I'd fully support a dolo ban. That twerp has contributed exactly nothing of value.

Mess with the bull son, you get the horn.

damn that sounds gayer than i remember... must use it more often.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I stay out of the political threads on here 99% of the time. I guess that's why my view of Sabadooby is fairly neutral. To me he's just a guy who likes Brazilian music who also happens to be a republican law student or whatever. I've seen enough of his political posts to know he can be a pain in the ass within that context, but from my navigations on this board I don't have any problems with him. I mean this is a music board after all.

I say ban those damn political threads instead, they are the root of all evil. Apparently, people with obnoxious fucko tendencies can't handle them.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    once again the Google ads come through with a possible alternative to the Ban

Ban or don't, I don't really care either way, but regardless dude was a Troll who rarely had anything positive to contribute to the discourse on the board.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Ban him and if he wants to be back, he'll return. It's just ones and zeroes, folks.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Bans are lame. Doesn't solve anything. Sabada is a jerk, but there are lots of them just step out the door.

Dolo, don't ban him either, but for the life of me I have never seen him post a single thing about music on this board.

Do I need to footnote this???

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Why don't you fools just ignore the posters who bug you?! I'm not talking about using the "ignore user" function, I'm talking about SELF-CONTROL. You don't have to respond to those posts that you already know are incendiary.

I mean, damn, it ain't that hard to figure...

Herm

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Well, sometimes he would argue politics in good faith (which I appreciated). But he also had a habit of dropping the pretext of good faith and just trying to goad people and piss them off b/w reverting to pointless sarcasm.

Certainly you realize that for every Motown67 who discusses politics from the left "in good faith" there are 20 assholes who's entire scope of political banter is "Fuck A Bush".......of course in a room where everyone seems to agree with that sentiment they aren't really "goading" anyone.....and since they hold the popular opinion no one ever suggests that they get banned.

I've been here just short of one year and in that time certainly more people have attacked Sabadaba then vice-versa.......and the dude even has a friggin graemlin that is used to insult him(I know y'all are real proud of that little excersize in "good faith")......and HE gets banned......simply amazing and the worst look I've seen here period.

Every argument with Saba was like 50 vs. 1 and you had to resort to ultimately banning him to feel like you "beat" him.....very proud moment indeed.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Why don't you fools just ignore the posters who bug you?! I'm not talking about using the "ignore user" function, I'm talking about SELF-CONTROL. You don't have to respond to those posts that you already know are incendiary.

Herm
    You know why they won't ignore them, because mutha**ckas like drama.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Herm
    You know why they won't ignore them, because mutha**ckas like drama.

Exactly.

and the dude even has a friggin graemlin that is used to insult him(I know y'all are real proud of that little excersize in "good faith")

But TheMack has a permanent one that everyone can use.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Bans are lame. Doesn't solve anything. Sabada is a jerk, but there are lots of them just step out the door.

Dolo, don't ban him either, but for the life of me I have never seen him post a single thing about music on this board.

Do I need to footnote this???

Actually, bans do work. It's not like a vacuum is created that needs to be filled. When Archaic was banned (which I didn't agree with personally since it wasn't because he was a general poison in the environment), it's not like Archaic-clones stepped up to fill the space.

Saba was a unique personality, with a *cough cough* unique style of communication with the rest of the board. I don't see a ton of people waiting in the wings to take his spot. Same with Dolo.

If you had a student in your class who was incivil to the rest of the class, inciting fights, and doing it all with a "fuck all ya'll" attitude, would it never occur to you to remove him or her from the room (even temporarily) as a way to maintain a basic level of good will with everyone else? I wouldn't hesitate to kick out an ADULT student from any of my classes for acting like a rub-your-face-in-it asshole. I would never remove a student just for disagreeing with my point of view.

This is why I disagree with Rockadelic's assertion. No one - that I know of - has asked to have you banned despite the fact that most of us don't agree with some of your politics. The issues wasn't that Saba leaned Right. So does Vitamin but he doesn't roll into conversation with his dick out, pissing on people, even when he's in disagreement.

I think this environment is already a little more enjoyable knowing a irredeemable hater like Saba isn't around, just waiting to rankle people.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Certainly you realize that for every Motown67 who discusses politics from the left "in good faith" there are 20 assholes who's entire scope of political banter is "Fuck A Bush".......of course in a room where everyone seems to agree with that sentiment they aren't really "goading" anyone.....and since they hold the popular opinion no one ever suggests that they get banned.

Touche.

And to be perfectly clear, just as political extremism of all stripes bugs me, people who can't articulate a position beyond "Fuck Dubya" annoy the shit out of me. I am very anti-Bush, and I make no bones about that. I think he sucks as a president, I think his policies are reprehenisble, and I abhor the way he has demanded that every single aspect of government kowtow to political concerns. But I also arrived at this point based on what he's done, his policies, etc. You know, observation and data and stuff. I don't need conspiracy theories and bullshit knee-jerkism to buttress my position, and I hate getting lumped in with people who do.

Still, I thought it was very lame that Sab would start out having an honest argument and then retreat to the aforementioned goading b/w pointless sarcasm. And of late, he seemed more determined to get a rise out of people and push their buttons than make any sort of salient point. But again, I don't think any of that is banworthy.

O,

I completely see your point, and there were many times when Sab was simply posting to jerk people around, but I never thought it was that disruptive. Annoying, yes, but not that big of a deal in the long run.

and the dude even has a friggin graemlin that is used to insult him(I know y'all are real proud of that little excersize in "good faith")

Yeah.....I was expecting Saba to make a Motown one with a photo of Joe Biden

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I can't believe the amount of handwringing going on over this dude.

Are you trying to say that I'm old and balding??!?!?! I can assure you that I have a full head of hair!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    BAN FAUX_RILLZ

Reason: lame nickname

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I can't believe the amount of handwringing going on over this dude.

Eh, this happens practically anytime someone gets banned.

Are you trying to say that I'm old and balding??!?!?! I can assure you that I have a full head of hair!

LOL........good one.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Actually, bans do work.

I disagree. It would only work if you could ban someone for good. If Sabadaboo wants to be an asshole, he could come back anytime he wants. It's the internets & It's an open board.

Plus, if ur gonna ban the guy. Start a list of dudes on here that should be next... Cause there's been plenty of posters that say some fucked up shit and have yet to be banned.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    All those in favor of sabadabada2 say "I".

There is something bizarrely funny to me about sabadababda. I find HarveyAnal to be wayyyyy more annoying than sabdbabdbabdbab.

I tell you what...

Every $30 that's gets sent to my my paypal account (joujou44@earthlink.net) is a month that I will not post on Soulstrut.

That's a dollar a day, a darned good deal.

BAN
    CO-BAN

• Well, sometimes he would argue politics in good faith (which I appreciated). But he also had a habit of dropping the pretext of good faith and just trying to goad people and piss them off b/w reverting to pointless sarcasm.

Certainly you realize that for every Motown67 who discusses politics from the left "in good faith" there are 20 assholes who's entire scope of political banter is "Fuck A Bush".......

that's not true. first, there really arent that many people on this board who talk about politics on the regular. second, the opposite is true as far as discussing politics in "good faith", if by good faith you mean actually listening to the other side's point of view.

because the majority of the board is liberal, many political threads start off with a "do you believe this shit the republicans just did" type of tone. at some point, saba or dolo will jump in and try to defend the gop. however, both of them almost always start their posts with condescension. so you really can't fault the "20 assholes" who jump on board to yell at saba because he a) is always snarky; and b) he seems less interested in having an intelligent debate/discussion and more interested in putting people down.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I stay out of the political threads on here

I say ban those damn political threads instead, they are the root of all evil.

that's not true. first, there really arent that many people on this board who talk about politics on the regular. second, the opposite is true as far as discussing politics in "good faith", if by good faith you mean actually listening to the other side's point of view.

You're obviously hanging out a a different SS than the one I frequent. I took "good faith" to simply mean talking about issues instead of attacking folks on a personal level. But if you think it means listening to the other side's point of view, then no one ever treated saba with good faith when he DID discuss issues......just a superfluous graemlin here and a sabadabadoo there......and he in return began to resort to these types of insulting posts in return.

As far as not talking politics here you're smoking crack.....front page right now...

Confederate Flag - 115 replies
    Troops in Iraq - 35
    Can Right Wingers be Funky
    Etc......

Tell me which of those, or most other political threads have been started here tha are not folks on the left taking pot shots at the right.....and the only guy stupid enough/or with enough balls to take the opposing side, y'all want to run out of town.

• that's not true. first, there really arent that many people on this board who talk about politics on the regular. second, the opposite is true as far as discussing politics in "good faith", if by good faith you mean actually listening to the other side's point of view.

You're obviously hanging out a a different SS than the one I frequent. I took "good faith" to simply mean talking about issues instead of attacking folks on a personal level. But if you think it means listening to the other side's point of view, then no one ever treated saba with good faith when he DID discuss issues......just a superfluous graemlin here and a sabadabadoo there......and he in return began to resort to these types of insulting posts in return.

As far as not talking politics here you're smoking crack.....front page right now...

Troops in Iraq - 35
    Etc......

Tell me which of those, or most other political threads have been started here tha are not folks on the left taking pot shots at the right.....and the only guy stupid enough/or with enough balls to take the opposing side, y'all want to run out of town.

Wow. A hero and a victim. That's some mind garden.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I say ban those damn political threads instead, they are the root of all evil.

Here, Here!

Troops in Iraq - 35
    Etc......

No one called him a hero, just a dissenting voice....and yes, he is the victim of being banned.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    TRIGGER HAPPY MODERATION

CHARLTON HESTON

FREE SABADABA

• that's not true. first, there really arent that many people on this board who talk about politics on the regular. second, the opposite is true as far as discussing politics in "good faith", if by good faith you mean actually listening to the other side's point of view.

Troops in Iraq - 35
    Etc......

No one called him a hero, just a dissenting voice....and yes, he is the victim of being banned.

I was talking about you EIN-STEEN.....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    OK, PABLO! YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE. YOU OWE ME A NEW KEYBOARD!

THAT'S LIKE THE FIFTH TIME THIS WEEK YOU'VE MADE ME SPILL/SPIT OUT MY DRINK.