sabadabada HAS BEEN BANNED

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hey, Southern Man. I wouldn't pay you 30 cent to lick my taint.

That would be called buying the cow when the milk is free.

Hi Frank!

You gonna be in town for halloween again?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I tell you what...

Every $30 that's gets sent to my my paypal account (joujou44@earthlink.net) is a month that I will not post on Soulstrut.

That's a dollar a day, a darned good deal.

if this happens, it will be a first in the history of the internet.

And in order to make it worthwhile for all parties involved, $10 out of every $30 received will go to RAJ for upkeep of the site.

Wow... you're upping the ante here. A 10 dollar donation to Raj would be pretty cool. Although you have some very big fans here that would get really really upset if I put you away for a month. But the temptation to try it out is really great.

I'm gonna let this one sit for the day and then make up my mind tomorrow. I want people to chime in on whether or noth I should do it.

Lets up the ante even higher. Once I paypal you, if you post ANYTHING on soulstrut AT ALL...for the ENTIRE MONTH... you paypal 50 dollars more to Raj for the site.

Are you down?

That's fine with me.

And the $30 doesn't just have to come from you. Get a pool together if you have to.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Hey, Southern Man. I wouldn't pay you 30 cent to lick my taint.

That would be called buying the cow when the milk is free.

Hi Frank!

You gonna be in town for halloween again?

Man. I wish. Gonna be in DC.

I did confront him with my authority

• basically what rockadelic said.

i think bans should be used only when people are intentionally disruptive to the conversation.

I read this as:

Unban Sabadabadababadaba, but ban Dolo_Yeung in his stead.

I'm with that.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    basically what rockadelic said.

i think bans should be used only when people are intentionally disruptive to the conversation.

I read this as:

Unban Sabadabadababadaba, but ban Dolo_Yeung in his stead.

I'm with that.
    For real.
    I think you banned the wrong dude.
    Saba actually talks about records and music from time to time.

dolo_yeung on the other hand...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    SABADABA NOT DEAD

ANARCHY ON SOULSTRUT

RIOTS

I'M BURNING TIRES OVER HERE[/b]

My drink came close to coming out my nose...

The only time Sabadabada wasn't "intentionally distruptive to the conversation" was when he posted on Brazilian music, which would be roughly 2% of the time.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

I tell you what...

Every $30 that's gets sent to my my paypal account (joujou44@earthlink.net) is a month that I will not post on Soulstrut.

That's a dollar a day, a darned good deal.

if this happens, it will be a first in the history of the internet.

And in order to make it worthwhile for all parties involved, $10 out of every $30 received will go to RAJ for upkeep of the site.

Wow... you're upping the ante here. A 10 dollar donation to Raj would be pretty cool. Although you have some very big fans here that would get really really upset if I put you away for a month. But the temptation to try it out is really great.

I'm gonna let this one sit for the day and then make up my mind tomorrow. I want people to chime in on whether or noth I should do it.

Lets up the ante even higher. Once I paypal you, if you post ANYTHING on soulstrut AT ALL...for the ENTIRE MONTH... you paypal 50 dollars more to Raj for the site.

Are you down?

That's fine with me.

And the $30 doesn't just have to come from you. Get a pool together if you have to.

You take foodstamps and coupons?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

The only time Sabadabada "didn't interrupt the typical SS left wing circle jerk"[/b] was when he posted on Brazilian music, which would be roughly 2% of the time.

Dude made you miss a stroke or two.....eh??

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    For real.

Also, we could really Sally Struthers some $1 a day type shiz to get Harvey Canal to stop posting and it helps RAJ, I got $5 on it. I've seen enough Trae posts to last a lifetime.

For real.

Also, we could really Sally Struthers some $1 a day type shiz to get Harvey Canal to stop posting and it helps RAJ, I got $5 on it. I've seen enough Trae posts to last a lifetime.

You can always bet against his Longhorns like I did......but the truth is during the 2 weeks he sat out because he lost our bet, this place was less entertaining.

The only time Sabadabada "didn't interrupt the typical SS left wing circle jerk"[/b] was when he posted on Brazilian music, which would be roughly 2% of the time.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Damn....I should have thought of that.

For real.

yeah, no shit....

So that lowers me to 25 dollars. If anybody else wants to chip in, then feel free, otherwise I can cover. I will have my final decision by tomorrow. Unless a bunch of people chip in, then fuck it. Its a family affair!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i think the moderators have a right to ban someone if they don't contribute and purposely try to disrupt and agitate other people just for the hell of it. i don't understand all the outrage. it's not like this is a democracy. it's raj's board and he appointed folks to regulate so if someone is going to be a dick all the time just to piss people off, who cares if his ass gets banned. even if he still talks about records 10% of the time.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    For real.

Also, we could really Sally Struthers some $1 a day type shiz to get Harvey Canal to stop posting and it helps RAJ, I got $5 on it. I've seen enough Texas Rap[/b] posts to last a lifetime.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "Moderation on internet message boards is unnecessary and useless"

Charles Fucking Darwin

"Moderation on internet message boards is unnecessary and useless"

Charles Fucking Darwin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you kill me man

• "Moderation on internet message boards is unnecessary and useless"

Charles Fucking Darwin

"Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Charles Nelson Fucking Reilly

• I think one really has to cross the line to get banned. So Sab is a smart ass, big deal.

I say don't ban him.

I'll even go so far as to say don't ban dolo.

dolo is actually pretty quiet, and he never starts threads, he'll just pop in every now and then with some outragious post. Big deal.

And its just a message board.

Unless there are some seriously offensive comments, threats, and/or spamming..

don't ban.

My 2 cents..

• Hey Latte Fiasco,

Your plan will never work. Whatever amount you come up with to put
    a freeze on the H.Canal, I will personally double that amount to
    counteract your measure and keep him posting.

Once upon a time, back in the early part of the millenium, when
    things were much simpler and there were like 8 dudes on Soulstrut,
    it was a nice, friendly-with-healthy-competetion parlor vibe, where
    everyone was in agreement on break records and the works of DJ Shadow.

This type of situation will always be an affront to nature, and
    will be destroyed, aped, turned-out and lampooned, on completely
    unromantic terms.

A nice daisy chain, when the last reaches around to the first,
    creates a vaccum. And nature abhors a vaccuum.

So it is that we now embrace representatives from the narcotics trade,
    avowed homosexuals, racist short-men and political tyrants alike.

Don't ever think that you can get too comfortable.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I think one really has to cross the line to get banned. So Sab is a smart ass, big deal.

I say don't ban him.

dolo is actually pretty quiet, and he never starts threads, he'll just pop in every now and then with some outragious post. Big deal.

don't ban.

My 2 cents..
    That's actually the most sensible post that I read concerning this.

• if someone is going to be a dick all the time just to piss people off, who cares if his ass gets banned. even if he still talks about records 10% of the time.

WRONG
    people let themselves get pissed off, which is completely ridiculous, if you are getting pissed off at something on the internets you probably should find something else to do

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I'm having a change of heart. Let Harvey ride down the dusty trail, I don't care. I would still like to see less Trae posts though.

Whatever amount you come up with to put
    a freeze on the H.Canal, I will personally double that amount to
    counteract your measure and keep him posting.

In order to break a $30 month-long freeze, I'd need $50 to pay to RAJ and another $20 for me.

So to review, it's $30 to shut me up (with $10 of that going to RAJ) and then $70 to make me break said gag order (with $50 of that going to RAJ).

Anybody you want touched at ARC, we can talk about that on the PM.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    if someone is going to be a dick all the time just to piss people off, who cares if his ass gets banned. even if he still talks about records 10% of the time.

WRONG
    people let themselves get pissed off, which is completely ridiculous, if you are getting pissed off at something on the internets you probably should find something else to do

whatever, i'm just saying it's Raj's board and he and the moderators have a right to regulate if they want to. he's the owner. and it's like throwing someone out of your shop if they are being disruptive. it is just a messageboard and people are taking it too seriously if they expect it to work like a democracy. it works both ways.

i don't care either way. i just don't understand all the outrage

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I think one really has to cross the line to get banned. So Sab is a smart ass, big deal.

I say don't ban him.

don't ban.

My 2 cents..
    That's actually the most sensible post that I read concerning this.

I agree. I'm not into banning. My point is if you are going down the line banning people for being an asshole, dolo seems to be first, then me, then sababdaba and on...

In so many years, I've only seen ONE thing on this board that truly warrants the BAN. And that is so bad that the shame alone seems to take care of it.

• i think the moderators have a right to ban someone if they don't contribute and purposely try to disrupt and agitate other people just for the hell of it. i don't understand all the outrage. it's not like this is a democracy. it's raj's board and he appointed folks to regulate so if someone is going to be a dick all the time just to piss people off, who cares if his ass gets banned. even if he still talks about records 10% of the time.

Dude got on my nerves....

Good riddance....