The Douchebag Musicians' Hall Of Fame

2»

Comments

• Ah yes,Phil Collins is a monumental douchebag. I'm really surprised noone has mentioned:

Sting

Michael Stipe

Fred Durst

Kid Rock

Elton John is a bitter old drunken bitch btw.

Gene Simmons

Ted Nugent- more of an A-hole than a douchebag I suppose.

Roger Daltrey- I suppose he's borderline.He's not really offensive,just stupid and dull.You'd think after 40 years of rockin'and rollin' he'd have something interesting to say.The fact that he's The Who's biggest fan pushes him towards the douchery level.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Sam Cooke

on that note. i was listening to Cooke's biographer on Fresh Aire. interesting story about how he died.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4982687

Yeah, there seem to be a few versions of what exactly happened that night. Cooke had an angelic voice but some real demons inside him.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts

The idea should be that the artist's music cannot begin to justify their behavior.

And I think dudes are giving meanness far too much weight here; I don't think it's nearly as important as corniness.

I was going to nominate Charlie Parker, but his music probably does justify his behavior. So how about Buddy Rich?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    axle rose

• I nominate a female artist.

babs!

madonna?

• Tom Scott
    Larry Coryell

=
    supreme douchebags

• oh and Herbie Mann

• Ahmir ?uestlove Thompson

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Tom Scott
    Larry Coryell

=
    supreme douchebags

'White Fuzack Dude' is definitely a major subcategory

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ahmir ?uestlove Thompson

• babs!

This just in:

Streisand Has Outburst at NYC Concert

The most riveting moment of Barbra Streisand's Madison Square Garden concert was one of the only unscripted ones.

Streisand endured jeers as she interjected a political skit into Monday night's show, exchanging zingers with a celebrity impersonator playing George Bush as a bumbling idiot.

Though most of the crowd offered polite applause during the slightly humorous routine, it went on a bit too long, especially for those who just wanted to hear Streisand sing.

"Come on, be polite!" the well-known liberal implored. But one heckler wouldn't let up. And finally, Streisand let him have it.

"Shut the (expletive) up!" Streisand bellowed, drawing wild applause. "Shut up if you can't take a joke!"

With that one F-word, the jeers ended. And the message was delivered ??? no one gets away with trying to upstage Barbra Streisand, especially not in her hometown.

Definitely sounds like a douchebaguette to me.

• babs!

This just in:

The most riveting moment of Barbra Streisand's Madison Square Garden concert was one of the only unscripted ones.

Streisand endured jeers as she interjected a political skit into Monday night's show, exchanging zingers with a celebrity impersonator playing George Bush as a bumbling idiot.

Though most of the crowd offered polite applause during the slightly humorous routine, it went on a bit too long, especially for those who just wanted to hear Streisand sing.

"Come on, be polite!" the well-known liberal implored. But one heckler wouldn't let up. And finally, Streisand let him have it.

"Shut the (expletive) up!" Streisand bellowed, drawing wild applause. "Shut up if you can't take a joke!"

With that one F-word, the jeers ended. And the message was delivered ??? no one gets away with trying to upstage Barbra Streisand, especially not in her hometown.

This is tough, I am all for Bush bashing and I am all for heckling Babs.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    courtney love is a douchebag...

I can't believe you would insult douchebags like that.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• [feigned indignation] why are the douchebags winning all the grammies? [/feigned indignation]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    And I think dudes are giving meanness far too much weight here; I don't think it's nearly as important as corniness.

Bingo.

• Yngwie Malmsteen

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    babs!

This just in:

This is tough, I am all for Bush bashing and I am all for heckling Babs.

So true... I can't make my mind up on this one either. But if I think about Barbs for just a few seconds I realise the bigger issue is that she is a massive douche.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    how about the Van Halen brothers?
    David Lee Roth is such a douche bag that he isn't a douche bag if that makes any sense...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    babs!

This just in:

Ha ha she's getting sued here in the UK because she played a farewell concert at ??150 a ticket not so long ago and now she's announced another tour. The people taking out the action against say they wouldn't have bothered at that price if they'd known she'd be back. Now she may have to cancel the tour to avoid the court case which is kind of a good result in itself.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

The idea should be that the artist's music cannot begin to justify their behavior.

I was going to nominate Charlie Parker, but his music probably does justify his behavior. So how about Buddy Rich?

Probably? WTF? Your post gives me douche chills.

How are Charlie Parker's struggles with mental illness, personal demons, racism, addiction and resulting health problems qualifying him as a "douche-bag".

Forget that he was the most innovative musician of that last century.

And forget that his struggles and demons can be applied to almost any important jazz musician (besides maybe Duke Ellington or Eric Dolphy).

(Buddy Rich gets a pass for the comedy factor of those tapes.)

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yup... exactly what I saw this thread coming to... when douchebags attempt to classify douchebags. 

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    how about the Van Halen brothers?
    David Lee Roth is such a douche bag that he isn't a douche bag if that makes any sense...

I wonder how many people on here listen to records? Or are all your opinons based on episodes of Behind the Music?

BTW--Best LP poster EVAR.

"Have you seen junior's grades?"

• yup... exactly what I saw this thread coming to... when douchebags attempt to classify douchebags.

That sounds like a Fox special

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ian Anderson & Dave Grohl.

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

And any musician who testifies before Congress.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts

Probably? WTF? Your post gives me douche chills.

How are Charlie Parker's struggles with mental illness, personal demons, racism, addiction and resulting health problems qualifying him as a "douche-bag".

Most of I know about Charlie Parker (the person) comes from Miles Davis' autobiography, where he talks about Parker not showing up for shows, pawning other peoples horns for smack, and generally fucking over everyone around him. If Primo pawned my MPC, describing him as a douchebag would be accurate. So have a nice warm cider to ward off the chills, son.

(Buddy Rich gets a pass for the comedy factor of those tapes.)

How about he gets an honorable mention instead of an award?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts