MLB Playoffs...Its on BATCHES!

Comments

• the yankees are fascists. fuck fascists.
    (fuck facial hair rules.)

Fuck small rodents growing on the chins of otherwise handsome ballplayers.

fuck not giving grown men a choice.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

FRANK THOMAS IS A GIANT STEROID

As a White Sox fan, it's bittersweet to see Big Frank killing it this year, including the fatal blow to the Southsiders when they played the A's a few weeks ago. But Frank never has been even rumored to been a roid head. Dude always was just big. I think that's why the MLB is so happy to see him doing good. While a lot of the big-time '90s hitters have been up and down, Frank has been pretty damn consistent, except for the injuries. He's always hit well and been kind of an asshole.

• The Mets are fucked ....Old Duque is the #1 starter and now he's hurt ....and their hitters tend to swing for the fences too much ....Pitching and plate discipline are the two most important things in playoff baseball and the Mets lack both

I have to take exception to the hitting part. The Mets put up a lot of runs and get runs when they need them. They hit inredibly well in the clutch. True, not all their guys can really work an at bat like jeter, who was so fucking awesome, but when you got guys who consistently hit with runners in scoring position, and a few really fast and smart baserunners, well they score a lot of runs.

I think Willie Rnadolph may have fucked up a bit. As soon as they clinched, they lost all moral. baseball is such a streaky game, as a manager he is responsible for keeping his gus keyed in. Its weird, do you rest your players so they're strong but maybe rusty in the playoffs? My feeling is, you dont need to be that string to play. Its probably better if you're not over strong, cause then you'll just swing hard and whiff 3 times.

They also fucked Pedro.

• FRANK THOMAS IS A GIANT STEROID

As a White Sox fan, it's bittersweet to see Big Frank killing it this year, including the fatal blow to the Southsiders when they played the A's a few weeks ago. But Frank never has been even rumored to been a roid head. Dude always was just big. I think that's why the MLB is so happy to see him doing good. While a lot of the big-time '90s hitters have been up and down, Frank has been pretty damn consistent, except for the injuries. He's always hit well and been kind of an asshole.

Speak.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

FRANK THOMAS IS A GIANT STEROID

Frank never has been even rumored to been a roid head. Dude always was just big.

yeah...i was just joking about the steroids .........dude is 100% asshole though

The Mets are fucked ....Old Duque is the #1 starter and now he's hurt ....and their hitters tend to swing for the fences too much ....Pitching and plate discipline are the two most important things in playoff baseball and the Mets lack both

I have to take exception to the hitting part. The Mets put up a lot of runs and get runs when they need them. They hit inredibly well in the clutch. True, not all their guys can really work an at bat like jeter, who was so fucking awesome, but when you got guys who consistently hit with runners in scoring position, and a few really fast and smart baserunners, well they score a lot of runs.

I think Willie Rnadolph may have fucked up a bit. As soon as they clinched, they lost all moral. baseball is such a streaky game, as a manager he is responsible for keeping his gus keyed in. Its weird, do you rest your players so they're strong but maybe rusty in the playoffs? My feeling is, you dont need to be that string to play. Its probably better if you're not over strong, cause then you'll just swing hard and whiff 3 times.

They also fucked Pedro.

i think the Mets have the best lineup in baseball...YES,BETTER THAN THE YANKS....well, maybe......but their trouble against left handers is an obvious weakness which may bite them in the ass eventually (hopefully tomorrow )........If Glavine can go 7 innings tomorrow (win or lose) things look good for the Mets ...I'm not sure how i feel about Willie ..his decision making is suspect at times

they have the choice to not be on the yankees. damon could have kept the beard (but then he'd be watching the playoffs on TV right now).

they have the choice to not be on the yankees. damon could have kept the beard (but then he'd be watching the playoffs on TV right now).

i still hate the organizational philosophy.

• The Mets are fucked ....Old Duque is the #1 starter and now he's hurt ....and their hitters tend to swing for the fences too much ....Pitching and plate discipline are the two most important things in playoff baseball and the Mets lack both

They also fucked Pedro.

i think the Mets have the best lineup in baseball...YES,BETTER THAN THE YANKS....well, maybe......but their trouble against left handers is an obvious weakness which may bite them in the ass eventually (hopefully tomorrow )........If Glavine can go 7 innings tomorrow (win or lose) things look good for the Mets ...I'm not sure how i feel about Willie ..his decision making is suspect at times

Im SOOOO pissed Glavine and Maddux aren't going head to head tonight. That would have been classic, though this looks to be the most exciting series. The dodgers are playing fun, if at times awkward ball. Man that shot by Delgado was ridiculous. That pitch was ankle high!! yeah the lefty problem will be out tonight, but hopefully my switch hitting dudes here can get a bit of pop from the right side.

I wish oh how I wish that Fox would give vin Scully the call so I could here him out here in NY. Man I miss him. He's just doing radio in LA, right?

i still hate the organizational philosophy.

It's true, Steinbrenner is a control freak douche bag. No facial hair below the lip is a little strange. On the other hand it does make for incredible moustaches.

Witness the transformation of Sal Fasano:

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Tigers making things interesting coming back to Detroit...

It sucks only watching the ticker at work. Definetly needed to see that game.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    dude, mark ellis is out for the postseason. fuck.

I wish that Fox would give vin Scully the call so I could here him out here in NY. Man I miss him. He's just doing radio in LA, right?

yessir,radio ....I really dont understand why Vin isn't doing FOX ...Miller and Buck are great but Vin is the G.O.A.T

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE HELL HAS GOTTEN INTO KENNY ROGERS ? It would make my entire year if the Tigers pull this off ....A-Rod and Jeter annoy the hell out of me

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I didn't have the Yankees goin all the way, but to get knocked out in the first round will be

You should see the progress they've made at the Bronx Ground Zero. Mofo are moving fast.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

It's over for New York today, baby.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i can't believe it

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    7-0! suck it Yankees!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

They should just put Jim Leyland in the Hall of Fame tomorrow...just stop the entire post season and have a ceremony for this man....

i really want to know who the New York media is blaming for this one

• i can't believe it

Oh, I can.
    And this is not just good old-fashioned hating from a BoSox fan either (though a little shadenfruede is certainly in order).
    The Yankees are not a team. They're a bunch of stars that just happen to all play for the same organization.
    I've been saying they've been vulnerable since 2001 and they've proven me right every time.
    Mega millions spent and look where it got them.
    On top of it all, they have NO farm system to speak of. None.
    Instead of going out this winter and spending more millions on veteran arms, they seriously need to start farming some young ones.
    I feel bad for Torre, Jeter and Matsui but that's about it. Fuck the rest of 'em.
    Can't wait to pick up the Post tomorrow and see what they come up with for a headline.

Go Detroit.

• pknypkny 549 Posts

i can't believe it

Oh, I can.
    And this is not just good old-fashioned hating from a BoSox fan either (though a little shadenfruede is certainly in order).
    The Yankees are not a team. They're a bunch of stars that just happen to all play for the same organization.
    I've been saying they've been vulnerable since 2001 and they've proven me right every time.
    Instead of going out this winter and spending more millions on veteran arms, they seriously need to start farming some young ones.
    I feel bad for Torre, Jeter and Matsui but that's about it. Fuck the rest of 'em.
    Can't wait to pick up the Post tomorrow and see what they come up with for a headline.

Go Detroit.

Don't know about the 'no farm system' thing; remember that Wang, Cano and Melky are all homegrown talent, and Phillip Hughes look like a promising pitcher. But the lack of pitching has been their Achilles heel for quite a while. The Tiger straight up outplayed them, and they deserve to move on.

But at least the Yanks made it farther than the Sox

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i can't believe it

Oh, I can.

Go Detroit.

• But at least the Yanks made it farther than the Sox

People always used to say that Sox-Yanks wasn't a rivalry, because the Yankees didn't worry about the Red Sox, because the Sox never won.

If you need proof of the change in that attitude, this post is a prime example. Calling 'gameover,' because your team just got their asses handed to them in the FIRST round of the playoffs, as opposed to sitting at home the entire postseason, is on some petty shit, my man.

Both teams are dead. Let's go Tigers!

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    But at least the Yanks made it farther than the Sox

People always used to say that Sox-Yanks wasn't a rivalry, because the Yankees didn't worry about the Red Sox, because the Sox never won.

If you need proof of the change in that attitude, this post is a prime example. Calling 'gameover,' because your team just got their asses handed to them in the FIRST round of the playoffs, as opposed to sitting at home the entire postseason, is on some petty shit, my man.

So you're saying if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be thinking "They got knocked out early, but at least the Red Sox did better than the Yankees"?

But I gotta agree with you here:

• But at least the Yanks made it farther than the Sox

So you're saying if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't be thinking "They got knocked out early, but at least the Red Sox did better than the Yankees"?

But I gotta agree with you here:

No, I wouldn't wag my fist at ANYONE after losing like that; and for a team that, 'only cares about winning the world series,' i'm surprised you are resorting to such small victories.

But, enjoy it. $200,000,000 bought a victory over the Red Sox and a humiliating playoff loss. Seems like a fair deal, no?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

so much nyc

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    No, I wouldn't wag my fist at ANYONE after losing like that; and for a team that, 'only cares about winning the world series,' i'm surprised you are resorting to such small victories.

I don't think it would be a far stretch to believe that someone who would post

the yankees are fascists. fuck fascists.

wouldn't wag their fist in this scenario. Are you trying to tell me you weren't gloating when the Yanks took the dive in '04? Once again

But, enjoy it. $200,000,000 bought a victory over the Red Sox and a humiliating playoff loss. Seems like a fair deal, no?

The Sox's payroll is a lot closer to the Yankees do than Kansas City, Pittsburgh, or Florida as far as spending goes, so I wouldn't get too high and mighty on that point. Both teams have proved that having a high payroll doesn't mean anything, it's all about how that money is spent.