thes one on the price is right? nrr

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Amazing.

• Excellent. I like how he had to guess the price of the turntable.

• Now, someone needs to come up with a graemlin of Thes saying "The Price is Right". It could be used when dudes come up on some record heat in the weekend finds thread.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Excellent. I like how he had to guess the price of the turntable.

Brother, Can You Spare A Steinbeck? b/w (Is That) The New Vestax Portable?

What happened in the Showcase Showdown?

• The funniest thing about that clip is when he bids $1250, then the chick next to him bids $1300 and he gets a nasty look on his face like "You dumb bitch".

• Fucking stellar! I'm still laughing.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

i kept waiting for it to be the start of a video.

DOPE!!!!

• haha. that was real dope. his lucky day.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    He did look a little stressed when he had to bid on the turntable. Dood just handled that game though. I hope that the furniture is on the cover of the next PUTS record a la People Hold On.

• youtube just keep's geting better and better.Thes,that was truly fresh.
    I got the same kinda chills as when my cousin rolled up to my house after just purchasing one of the original A team vans in the 80's.

chris

• There IS a God. I believe!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What, no new car? Bogus!

That whole thing was classic though - especially "the look."

My boy Junichi had a better hat when he was on the show, but alas, he missed out by $36

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    HOLY FUCK that rules!!
    But WAIT????

What happened when he spun the wheel??

Did he make Showcase Showdown???

HEADZ MUST KNOW!!!

• The funniest thing about that clip is when he bids $1250, then the chick next to him bids $1300 and he gets a nasty look on his face like "You dumb bitch".

exactly! was that family guy or what where that happens?

• even though i do not know Thes personally....that is absolutely amazing that he got on. And what are the odds that he got a turntable to bid on?? Stellar....

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    best thing on a saturday morning! thes RULES!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    even though i do not know Thes personally....that is absolutely amazing that he got on. And what are the odds that he got a turntable to bid on?? Stellar....
    I saw that too. in effect

• He did look a little stressed when he had to bid on the turntable. Dood just handled that game though. I hope that the furniture is on the cover of the next PUTS record a la People Hold On.

Blew my mind!
    Thes bidding on a turntable on price is right =

I dunno about that furniture... would be nice for furnishing a basement up nice tho.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've been wanting to see this since I first heard he was on.....

• He should have won an external Card Reader for his 3k

• no doubt that's incredible, what are the chances of bidding on the price of a turntable! rabbit's foot

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    seriously, Thes gets a turntable, what is the odds of that shit?

plus the matching mini-fridge, whats good!?

• hehehe...whatzs good strut fam?

i am currently sitting in Weinheim, Germany waiting for a soundcheck...my absence as of late can be attributed to having to finish the final leg of the puts world tour (japan and europe)... anyways, there is a backstory here for anyone interested:

??long story short??

My father came here from Peru in 1974. Working as a bus-boy in Yosemite he met my mother, a waitress from Torrance. A few years later, hoping to immerse himself in Americana, he went with a group of friends to the Price Is Right. My mother, who did not go but was familiar with the attempts people make to get noticed and picked for contestants row took a butterfly collared denim shirt and hand sewed a sunset, complete with a flying pelican and my dad's name "Cesar" in cursive on the back. Well, with such an unstoppable shirt it was no question that my father got picked out of the line as the audience cued up to for the filming. He was taken to a room where they asked for proof of id and social security for tax purposes. Upon finding out my fathers *ahem* status he claims they kicked him out with a threat that they would notify INS. HE missed the taping of the show AND his replacement contestant won a boat. Dude, my father loves boats. You have no idea.

Fast forward a few years and growing up I loved to sit around and watch the old PIR hoping someone would catch a hot game of Plinko. EVERY time he would walk in and catch me watching Price Is Right he would turn off the tv and scold me for watching such "crap". It wasnt until i was old enough to drink that i heard the whole story.

2 years ago when my roomate got tickets to go on i didn't think anything of it (though i was understandably excited to be on a show I spent many formative years watching). Upon a chance encounter with Mr. Summers (he eyes the crowd as they line up looking for people they think will be entertaining on TV) I yelled out "im here for revenge!"..he turned around like what the hell? I was able to get off the story about my dad and we both had a good laugh. I thought I was in for sure but as the minutes ticked down in the taping I couldn't believe they didnt call me. I was the last contestant called down and many childhood years worth bidding in front of the tv paid off. I lost on the wheel but i did win everything else, including the washer dryer, living room set and yes, the turntable. I give them my soc. sec. number and 6 weeks later a CBS 18 wheeler pulled up in front of my house and unloaded the prizes. I love the couches, the durapella is a very unfadeable fabric and i just finished reading Grapes of Wrath and Humboldts Gift on this tour, I am about 78% of the way through the english literary canon (i majored in english and collect records, go figure). the turntable is a deplorable piece of shit but it works out nice in my arcade to entertain the friends.

when often times this ever thinning reality shimmers like the scales of a trout in a clear stream, i am lead to think that, just maybe, it really is all a dream. I mean, how in the hell did i end up avenging and quelling the culmination of all of my fathers immigrant insecurities by winning a turntable on national television?
    beautiful.

holler at yuall when i get home!!! peace

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Thes that is what the fuck is up.

• dude, that's so fresh. revenge is a dish best served bold

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    the durapella is a very unfadeable fabric

• hehehe...whatzs good strut fam?

i am currently sitting in Weinheim, Germany waiting for a soundcheck...my absence as of late can be attributed to having to finish the final leg of the puts world tour (japan and europe)... anyways, there is a backstory here for anyone interested:

??long story short??

My father came here from Peru in 1974. Working as a bus-boy in Yosemite he met my mother, a waitress from Torrance. A few years later, hoping to immerse himself in Americana, he went with a group of friends to the Price Is Right. My mother, who did not go but was familiar with the attempts people make to get noticed and picked for contestants row took a butterfly collared denim shirt and hand sewed a sunset, complete with a flying pelican and my dad's name "Cesar" in cursive on the back. Well, with such an unstoppable shirt it was no question that my father got picked out of the line as the audience cued up to for the filming. He was taken to a room where they asked for proof of id and social security for tax purposes. Upon finding out my fathers *ahem* status he claims they kicked him out with a threat that they would notify INS. HE missed the taping of the show AND his replacement contestant won a boat. Dude, my father loves boats. You have no idea.

Fast forward a few years and growing up I loved to sit around and watch the old PIR hoping someone would catch a hot game of Plinko. EVERY time he would walk in and catch me watching Price Is Right he would turn off the tv and scold me for watching such "crap". It wasnt until i was old enough to drink that i heard the whole story.

2 years ago when my roomate got tickets to go on i didn't think anything of it (though i was understandably excited to be on a show I spent many formative years watching). Upon a chance encounter with Mr. Summers (he eyes the crowd as they line up looking for people they think will be entertaining on TV) I yelled out "im here for revenge!"..he turned around like what the hell? I was able to get off the story about my dad and we both had a good laugh. I thought I was in for sure but as the minutes ticked down in the taping I couldn't believe they didnt call me. I was the last contestant called down and many childhood years worth bidding in front of the tv paid off. I lost on the wheel but i did win everything else, including the washer dryer, living room set and yes, the turntable. I give them my soc. sec. number and 6 weeks later a CBS 18 wheeler pulled up in front of my house and unloaded the prizes. I love the couches, the durapella is a very unfadeable fabric and i just finished reading Grapes of Wrath and Humboldts Gift on this tour, I am about 78% of the way through the english literary canon (i majored in english and collect records, go figure). the turntable is a deplorable piece of shit but it works out nice in my arcade to entertain the friends.

when often times this ever thinning reality shimmers like the scales of a trout in a clear stream, i am lead to think that, just maybe, it really is all a dream. I mean, how in the hell did i end up avenging and quelling the culmination of all of my fathers immigrant insecurities by winning a turntable on national television?
    beautiful.

holler at yuall when i get home!!! peace

gaaaaaaaaaah! damn.. damn...damn awesome story! SCORE ONE PARA LOS LATINOS!

Brown Power > Bob Barker

• FUCKING AWESOME STORY AND THREAD!! OCASIONALLY THE UNIVERSE ALIGNS!! PLINKO 4 LIFE!! A+++

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    BEST THREAD EVAR