The Best Album Of the Year IS:

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited March 2016 in Music Talk
Keane - Under The Iron Sea.

Go ahead and hate. I love it. I can't stop listening to it. Everywhere I go, its on my ipod.Goddam I love that album so much.

2nd place goes to a band called Camera Obscura - Lets Get Out Of This Country.

The song "Hey Lloyd" is pure pop genious at its ultimate best and it fucking rules.I have spoken.

Comments

• not DILLA - Donuts?

...you sure??

• i fugging hate keane. uggh. watered down-watered down radiohead.

i do like camera obscura, though. cute, and yes, pop genius.

• Primal Scream - Riot City Blues

has been on my MP3 player longer than any other current release. It is a return to the Stones-y rip off sound of the "Give Out But Don't Give In" album.

SG

• so far...

1. J DILLA (JAY DEE) - Donuts
    2. CAT POWER ??? The Greatest
    3. Sonic youth ??? Rather ripped
    4. Ghostface- Fishscale
    5. TV ON THE RADIO - Return to Cookie Mountain
    6. Kirb And Chris - Niggaz And White Girlz

Not a stellar year for albums, but i'm still looking forward to the new Bonnie "Prince " Billy and The Clipse.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

2nd place goes to a band called Camera Obscura - Lets Get Out Of This Country. The song "Hey Lloyd" is pure pop genious at its ultimate best and it fucking rules.

I have spoken.

Whoah G*ry you just blew my mind

I've been bumping that Camera Obscura for months in my car. Shit is mellow pop fiyah.

*fair warning* you are 2 steps away from praising Belle & Sebastian

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

2nd place goes to a band called Camera Obscura - Lets Get Out Of This Country. The song "Hey Lloyd" is pure pop genious at its ultimate best and it fucking rules.

I have spoken.

Whoah G*ry you just blew my mind

I've been bumping that Camera Obscura for months in my car. Shit is mellow pop fiyah.

*fair warning* you are 2 steps away from praising Belle & Sebastian

razzle dazzle rose kinda chokes me up, its so pretty.

• Donuts
    Drums not Dead
    Fishscale

so far my favorites.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

that's been getting a lot of burn lately, also enjoying........

sleepwalker - the voyage
    ernesto - find the form
    herbert - scales
    corinne bailey rae - s/t

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

• I need to check some of that Sleepwalker/Especiale material.

What does that gentleman's necklace say? I see TRAE, but I can't make out the word underneath.

I only ask, because I still can't come up with a word to go under GARY on my chain. I was thinking "NEATO!"

• What does that gentleman's necklace say? I see TRAE, but I can't make out the word underneath.

G-MAAB

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    It says "G-Maab" as in Guerilla Maab.

Other than trae the only thing mentioned in this thread I've really been feeling is that Herbert album, but its kind of weird liking it because of how much it feels like 'herbert goes indie pop.' Still, enough disco for me to dig it.

i like j dilla, trae, papa reu, mary j, juvenile, ricardo villalobos, b.g., t.i., vakill, e-40, yo gotti, timberlake. Da Backwudz was ok, Ray Cash was better.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Evidently none of you poptarts like rap music.

juvenile

HE STILL EXISTS?!?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    juvenile

HE STILL EXISTS?!?

Only in the world of people that listen to rap, wherein he had one of the biggest songs of 2004, and also offered the first and best post-Katrina commentary by a rapper.

What was his big song in 2004? I remember he had some song in like 2000 or something. I'm trying to remember what it was. but i can't. wait, wasn't it back dat azz up?

• The best album of the year has yet to be released, trust me...

• The best album of the year has yet to be released, trust me...

That's what i'm hoping...

• is this good?

i'm a huge fan of this of this record 

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Someone needs to create a 'pitchfork approved' graemlin for these threads.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Evidently none of you poptarts like rap music.
    I'm gonna guess that country fans in the U.S. get laid more than country fans in the U.K.

• Keane - Under The Iron Sea.

Go ahead and hate. I love it. I can't stop listening to it. Everywhere I go, its on my ipod.

Goddam I love that album so much.

I have spoken.

wtf? dude I think you put your balls on backwards this morning. the hole is supposed to go in the back. holy crap dude, you may like this then.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3d1lkb

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2xkp04

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Someone needs to create a 'pitchfork approved' graemlin for these threads.

LOL, so true

If anything this thread reiterates what a depressing year its been for new music

Keane - Under The Iron Sea.

Go ahead and hate. I love it. I can't stop listening to it. Everywhere I go, its on my ipod.

Goddam I love that album so much.

I have spoken.

wtf? dude I think you put your balls on backwards this morning. the hole is supposed to go in the back. holy crap dude, you may like this then.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3d1lkb

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2xkp04

Are you questioning the TASTES of my TESTES?

how dare you.

My home pute pute is broked, so I will try to listen to this later.

Love,

Gary

• I thought yall gonna pick PRIMO presents Christina Aguliara though she should had covered Astrud Gilberto (Well tried to I would of liked to here Primo sample that up and have her spit on that)....

• Christina and Primo did release the single of the year, IMO. I love that song.

• The Lil Wayne mixtape..although not sure if that is an "album".

Dilla - Donuts
    TV On The Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain
    Trae - Restless
    TI - King
    Mars Volta - Amputechture

and I'm hoping for something else to drop...