bass rattling my floors (help related)

keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I just moved into a new apartment that has hardwood floors. Last night I was watching Smith (a good show by the way) and everytime a bomb exploded, my floors starting rattling very loudly. My speaker setup is similar to the one pictured, with the front speakers being the rattle-makers. how do i stop this? i thought about putting rubber mats under the front speakers, since i'm assuming that the aluminum to wood combination might be the culprit. Strangely, the subwoofer played no role in the problem.

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    No great offense intended, but couldn't you have at least pretended that this issue wasn't about you gayass "home theater" experience watching a TV series? I think Maxim or GQ or TechTV has forums for that sort of thing. This board is supposed to be about records so you could have replaced the pic with some turntables and some Kefs. Or at least the same system in charcoal or something more manly.

Looks like the sub has little stubby feet, probably rubberized, that's a clue right there.

Though maybe you just want to chat about poplar culture.

• No great offense intended, but couldn't you have at least pretended that this issue wasn't about you gayass "home theater" experience watching a TV series? I think Maxim or GQ or TechTV has forums for that sort of thing. This board is supposed to be about records so you could have replaced the pic with some turntables and some Kefs. Or at least the same system in charcoal or something more manly.

Looks like the sub has little stubby feet, probably rubberized, that's a clue right there.

thanks for schooling me on soulstrut etiquette as well as how to not[/b] be a "gay-ass". your next mission should be to search through every nrr thread and let all those fools know what time it is. i gotta go paint my nails and watch the View on my gayass tv but i'll check back to make sure you have continued your police work.

also, sorry for tricking you into thinking this was a thread about records. i can see how the title might have confused you.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

thanks for schooling me on soulstrut etiquette as well as how to not[/b] be a "gay-ass". your next mission should be to search through every nrr thread and let all those fools know what time it is.

I feel your journey has just begun.

Tip 1: 5.1 = no life.
    Tip 2: some NRR threads are necessary. You just haven't figured out which.

But thanks for all your contributions to the board so far.

• thanks for schooling me on soulstrut etiquette as well as how to not[/b] be a "gay-ass". your next mission should be to search through every nrr thread and let all those fools know what time it is.

I feel your journey has just begun.

i feel like you're an ass.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

i feel like you're an ass.

But didn't your original post highlight your possible lack of intuitive skills?

• (in a sixth grade voice): Ay yo! Everybody! Over here! Come quick! Fight! Fight! Ooooh! Oooooh! FIGHT!

• Options
    Newer hardwood floors are usually finished with an aluminum oxide coating that is toxic and a terrible lung irritant when sanded.

I would elevate them shits, I like to suspend them from a high-pound test, monofiliment fishing line to make me feel like I'm in a nintendo game.

Hi S****a!!

• No great offense intended, but couldn't you have at least pretended that this issue wasn't about you gayass "home theater" experience watching a TV series? I think Maxim or GQ or TechTV has forums for that sort of thing. This board is supposed to be about records so you could have replaced the pic with some turntables and some Kefs. Or at least the same system in charcoal or something more manly.

Shit dude what's got your panties all knotted up???

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    why don't you turn the subwoofer down?

• i would put some thick carpent under them, and then put like pillows in the corners or the walls. This makes a bass trap that absorbs some of the boom. so a search on acoustically treating a room in yahoo for some good tips.

• talking about floors rattling http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm
    Scroll down and read about it

• i would put some thick carpent under them, and then put like pillows in the corners or the walls. This makes a bass trap that absorbs some of the boom. so a search on acoustically treating a room in yahoo for some good tips.

i'm gonna try putting carpet underneath, but all the searches i've done for bass insulation/room acoustics have turned up real expensive solutions involving foam insulation. my subwoofer was basically turned off last night and i still had the same problem with the front speakers while watching Lucky Number Slevin (better than i expected).

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    my subwoofer was basically turned off last night and i still had the same problem with the front speakers while watching Lucky Number Slevin (better than i expected).

I'm sorry, but how do you not write for The Onion?!

• use spikes.

• my subwoofer was basically turned off last night and i still had the same problem with the front speakers while watching Lucky Number Slevin (better than i expected).

serious question...are you stalking me? for someone who took personal offense at me posting a NRR thread, you really can't get enough of this topic, or perhaps just me. will you be leering at me from behind a phone booth as i walk home from work tonite? can i expect to see you at my dj gigs this weekend? are you looking at my myspace page as i type this?

• use spikes.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    my subwoofer was basically turned off last night and i still had the same problem with the front speakers while watching Lucky Number Slevin (better than i expected).

serious question...are you stalking me? for someone who took personal offense at me posting a NRR thread, you really can't get enough of this topic, or perhaps just me. will you be leering at me from behind a phone booth as i walk home from work tonite? can i expect to see you at my dj gigs this weekend? are you looking at my myspace page as i type this?

This thread would be on page 3 without my contribution. Thank me.

Clowning you for having problems with your 5.1 home theater system is not stalking.

But I am gonna stalk the guy who starts a "Floss your Bose Wave radio" thread.

• this thread is comedy. please to continue.