Top 5 Bay Area Rap Songs

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited September 2018 in Music Talk

1. Too $hort - Life Is...
  2. JT tha Bigga Figga & Mac Mall - Game Recognize Game Remix
  3. Luniz - I Got 5 On It (Bay Ballers Remix)
  4. E-40 - Dusted & Disgusted
  5. Mac Dre - I Need a Eighth
I could do this list over and over again as well. Now what say you?
TAGGED:

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    415 - Sideshow
    Spice 1 - 187 Pure
    Mac Mall - My Opinion
    Saafir - Just Riden Remix
    Keak da Sneak - Superhyphy

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Too $hort - Just Another Day
    Rappin' 4-tay - I'll Be Around
    Spice 1 - Playa Man
    E-40 - Ring It
    3x Krazy - West Coast Shit

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    4 track tape hegenberger road edition

Mystik Journeymen - Body And Mind
    Dereliks - Looking For The Perfect Beat
    FundaMentals - The Funeral
    Saafir - In A Vest
    Bored Stiff - Explainin'

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    Too Short - Dope Fiend Beat
    BUMS ft. Saafir - Rain
    Homeliss Derelix - Fraudulent
    Saafir - Light Sleeper
    Big Nous - Just Not My style

Just to name a few...

(ok, yes.. my list is more hip hop as opposed to Rap/Hyphy)

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Dru Down--Pimp of the Year

• mainstream, obvious:

Mac Mall: Sic wit Tis
    E-40 feat. B-Legit: Sideways
    Too $hort: Freaky Tales
    Luniz: 5 on It (Bay Ballas remix)
    E-40 feat. Keak da Sneak: Tell Me When to Go

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    more of the same...but this is still some of my favorite shit

spice 1 - money gone
    e 40 & the click - scandalous
    totally insane - smooth
    saafir - just ridin
    mac mall - my opinion

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Spaekin of...............

Where is the HYPHY explosion that was suppossed to happen? I thought this summer would be the blow up.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Where is the HYPHY explosion that was suppossed to happen? I thought this summer would be the blow up.

1. It actually blew up a year or so ago.

2. E-40 is all over the radio right now.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Everybody who left Oaktown's 3-5-7 off their list is soft.

Back in May we were talkin about this sound going national like crunk and them. I was expecting to hear at least 2/3 more non E-40 artists on NYC radio. They was bumpin shit in the spring but its seemed to peter out. Correct me if im wrong.

Back in May we were talkin about this sound going national like crunk and them. I was expecting to hear at least 2/3 more non E-40 artists on NYC radio. They was bumpin shit in the spring but its seemed to peter out. Correct me if im wrong.

Blame radio, not hyphy.

Batmon -

New York radio has been extremely reluctant. That is why, even though Flex, Enuff, and others played Bay shit (not just 40) on a semi-regular basis those records never made rotation.... meanwhile New York artists that are not getting ANY burn ANYWHERE else are in stress and you see two-three dancehall tunes in the top-10. Dudes are reaching.

I have heard some hyphy records on mixshow but that's about it...

However, this is really something to be ashamed of because New York radio at this point is worse than it's ever been and when they push a song like "I Love My Chick" or "Woah" into stress it's just sad because those songs are awful and aren't hitting anywhere. The rest of the country is playing 40's record though, NYC is about the only place as far as I know where "U & Dat" didn't hit, of course 40 is all over with "Snap Your Fingers" and I think the next record will be large although it was a mistake not to run "Muscle Cars" IMO that would've hit out here.

Blame radio, not hyphy.

Crunk,Snap,Hyphy.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

I finally heard this on Richmond VA radio the other day. I would say we are usually a month or so behind other cities.

OH SHIT! My stromie just came through to help me with my short-term memory lapse, so I gotta revise

4 track tape hegenberger road edition

Mystik Journeymen - Body And Mind
    FundaMentals - The Funeral
    Saafir - In A Vest
    Bored Stiff - Explainin' Mixed Practice - Busta N*ggas[/b]

Batmon -
    New York radio has been extremely reluctant. That is why, even though Flex, Enuff, and others played Bay shit (not just 40) on a semi-regular basis those records never made rotation.... meanwhile New York artists that are not getting ANY burn ANYWHERE else are in stress and you see two-three dancehall tunes in the top-10. Dudes are reaching.
    I have heard some hyphy records on mixshow but that's about it...
    However, this is really something to be ashamed of because New York radio at this point is worse than it's ever been and when they push a song like "I Love My Chick" or "Woah" into stress it's just sad because those songs are awful and aren't hitting anywhere. The rest of the country is playing 40's record though, NYC is about the only place as far as I know where "U & Dat" didn't hit, of course 40 is all over with "Snap Your Fingers" and I think the next record will be large although it was a mistake not to run "Muscle Cars" IMO that would've hit out here.

It's a damn shame. How is BET responding to HYPHY? I dont watch 106Park no more. When shit is big, shit is catchable on national media outlets, right?

• Spaekin of...............

Blame radio, not hyphy.

No, blame hyphy. 40 did bust open some doors this spring, but nobody from the bay was ready to follow through.

In part, it's not handling business-- some of the artists who could do something beyond the bay don't have good distribution or promotion and/or are stuck in deals that prevent them from doing anything national (Keak, the Team).

But it's also artistic-- pretty much every hyphy artist out here is making the same fucking record right now.

Blame radio, not hyphy.

No, blame hyphy. 40 did bust open some doors this spring, but nobody from the bay was ready to follow through.

In part, it's not handling business-- some of the artists who could do something beyond the bay don't have good distribution or promotion and/or are stuck in deals that prevent them from doing anything national (Keak, the Team).

But it's also artistic-- pretty much every hyphy artist out here is making the same fucking record right now.

TRUTH.

• In part, it's not handling business-- some of the artists who could do something beyond the bay don't have good distribution or promotion and/or are stuck in deals that prevent them from doing anything national (Keak, the Team).

I don't know too much about this, but I just saw the Team Vans 12" on TTL, it said it was on Jive......

Different Team.

• Different Team.

Man, I really don't know too much huh!

Blame radio, not hyphy.

Ya mean, like Lil Jon? Or Ciara? Or Paul Wall?

The national rap audience clearly doesn't mind blatant repetition.

If national radio would've given ANY burn to the likes of Superhyphy, Super Sick Wid It, Hell Yeah, Got My Vans On, 18 Dummy, etc. folks in bumfuck would have a lot more to talk about Bay-wise than just E-40.

• ZuffNomedZuffNomed 42 Posts
    is it just me or is the word Hyphy itself not corny as hell??
    It wreaks of here-today-gone-tomorrow'ness.
    Fuck, just call it Pokemon rap.

Now before you bombard me with `GTFOHWTS` lemme just say
    I am not hating on Hyphy & I absolutely wanna see Bay dudes get they shine, but I just think it's fuckin' corny.
    Saying "Lets go get Hyphy" makes me think you are about to go pick up your poodle.

I originally am from the bay & been to the clubs where hyphy is banging shit to death. Its great party music. I have no problem with it.
    But I just don't see it having any real staying power (this applies to alot of rap as well).

All that said, e-40 Muscle Cars is most definitely some

That dude is THE slang master.
    There are actually alot of slept on dudes in the bay who spit similar shit way back as well.
    Spice 1's camp comes to mind. Those dudes were actually pretty tight.

• Different Team.

Man, I really don't know too much huh!

"Vans" is by the Pack, not the Team.

BHS putting it down, yee.

Different Team.

Isn't it Wolfpack?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Thug Lordz - Killa Cali feat. Spice 1
    E40 - Dusted and Disgusted (mainly because it's on my new bay/cali mix)
    Mac Mall - Sic Wit This
    Little Bruce - Keep a Tre8/Mobbin' in My Old School (2 great tracks off the same 12")
    Gangsta Rhyme Posse - Skunk

These are a top 5 for RIGHT NOW. not an alltime. Alltime is too hard.

Different Team.

Isn't it Wolfpack?

yes. I got my vans on but they look like sneakers is by the Wolfpack.

http://www.myspace.com/wolfpackmusik

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

but do you have the 12" ep??