Crab or lobster?

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Gotta be lobster for me. Cracking open them suckas with the hot garlic butter... yowser.

Comments

• Gotta be lobster for me. Cracking open them suckas with the hot garlic butter... yowser.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Lobster.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Gotta be lobster for me. Cracking open them suckas with the hot garlic butter... yowser.

Neither, Pizza wins everytime!

• Gotta be lobster for me. Cracking open them suckas with the hot garlic butter... yowser.

Neither, Pizza wins everytime!

Lobster Pizza!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I prefer crab...has a better taste to me, more buttery, I dunno how to explain it. Especially king crab, mmmmmmm.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

I'll go with lobster.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I prefer crab...has a better taste to me, more buttery, I dunno how to explain it. Especially king crab, mmmmmmm.

YES. CRAB BOOTCHES. you break that shit open and voila! crab juice!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    yo, thats a real hard call.

mabye crabs, cause its satisfying when you drag the tasty meat out (AYO!), but also lobster cause its bangin. LObsters are kinda like roaches of the sea though to me so points off even though their still delicious.

Well thats not really fair, mabye no points off for the roaches thing.

i wanna go to papa does someday so I can brag about how many shrimp I eat. I love rap songs that brag about consuming massive amounts of shellfish. I think 3 six mafia have one too.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I grew up in Maryland (born in NC, mind you), so I love some seafood (big up Chesapeake Bay). I like crab, but if I had to choose, I gotta go with the lobster (da, dang dang dang dang, dang-dang-dang, "ooooooooo" [Repeat 4 times] Name that tune[/b] ).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Lobster.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Garlic butter makes stomach turn up side down and I like it when crab legs are served at all-you-can-eat buffets, so I'd say crab

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Lobster 100%.

I scanned a picture of a 6' lobster painted with star wars characters all over it. Damn I wish I could find it.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    CRAB all the way, especially the gooey roe, that's where it's at. Lobster is pretty good too but I think a lot of people prefer it for the convenience factor. Whereas w/ crab it's a lot more messy to dig through, and imo more rewarding.

Also, seriously, you gwailos are boring w/ the preparation of crab and lobster. 99% of the time it's just boiled or steamed and dipped in butter. BORING dude, y'all need to get w/ a wok, that's what's up.

ok I like the garlic butter dip too but definitely not everytime I have it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Crab.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I live in DC but I gotta say lobstah.
    One of the best lobster experiences I've ever had was in St. John (USVI) about ten years ago. I was with some friends and we packed some dried "mushrooms" for the trip. I bought a lobster salad sandwich in Cruz Bay and then sprinkled the boomers on top. Tasty. About an hour later I was snorkeling naked on Solomon Beach. What a day!

CRAB all the way, especially the gooey roe, that's where it's at. Lobster is pretty good too but I think a lot of people prefer it for the convenience factor. Whereas w/ crab it's a lot more messy to dig through, and imo more rewarding.

Also, seriously, you gwailos are boring w/ the preparation of crab and lobster. 99% of the time it's just boiled or steamed and dipped in butter. BORING dude, y'all need to get w/ a wok, that's what's up.

oohh. you right. Ive had lobster a couple times at this chinese spot in ATL. Rediculous.

But i still cant say if Id put lobster over crab.

this is serious YALL!!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

mabye crabs

ahem, that's "crab" not "crabs." otherwise whole different thread.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I live in DC but I gotta say lobstah.
    One of the best lobster experiences I've ever had was in St. John (USVI) about ten years ago. I was with some friends and we packed some dried "mushrooms" for the trip. I bought a lobster salad sandwich in Cruz Bay and then sprinkled the boomers on top. Tasty. About an hour later I was snorkeling naked on Solomon Beach. What a day!

snorkeling naked on Solomon Beach[/b]

This sounds like it should be a euphemism for something else....

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    How many of y'all lobster fanatics eat the tomalley? I love lobster, but I can never bring myself to eat that stuff.

How many of y'all lobster fanatics eat the tomalley?

So foul.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Aser, you all right man. You always come correct on the food discussions! And calling out folls like "you gwailos," you're killin' it! Where you at hommie? We're gonna have to hook up and do some serious eatin'. Here is the ill secret method for cooking crab. Cut the crab up into pieces, still in the shell, then throw it in a wok and chow it with garlic, black beans and Bombay gin. SUPER CRAZY BANANAS!!!!!!! We used to always cook crab like this and it is off the hook. We can get a lot of good fresh crab here in Seattle.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

Also, seriously, you gwailos are boring w/ the preparation of crab and lobster.

I saw this episode of Iron Chef America a few weeks ago where the secret ingredient was crab. It was Chef Morimoto against Rob Feenie. They had to make crab desserts, too: Peekytoe crab panna cotta with pineapple jelly and crab consomm??. Yuck. But I love me some crab, though.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    dude, I do my best.......record $ over food $? never that.....

we shall discuss this in further detail.

oh, I saw that ep of iron chef, they were rocking the alaskin king crabs. I shall attempt cooking those next crab season.

So foul.

No doubt, but it gets even more foul: Whenever we would eat lobster, my grandmother would insist that anybody breaking the tail off of the body would do so over a big-ass glass and let all the liquid drain into said glass. She would then dump tomalley in there and drink the concoction. I get kinda grossed out just thinking about it.

So foul.

No doubt, but it gets even more foul: Whenever we would eat lobster, my grandmother would insist that anybody breaking the tail off of the body would do so over a big-ass glass and let all the liquid drain into said glass. She would then dump tomalley in there and drink the concoction. I get kinda grossed out just thinking about it.

whats the tomally? ughhh....I dont even know but im about to just hand the whole thing to crab just on some strength.

So foul.

That is so incredibly gross, but my grandmother eats the tomallay too like it's caviar. Maybe it's an old grandmother thing.

bsides - we're talking about all that green crap in the lobster. Basically undigested shit the lobster ate queasy

So foul.

whats the tomally? ughhh....I dont even know but im about to just hand the whole thing to crab just on some strength.

It's that green gunk you find inside a lobster. More specifically, it's lobster liver.

• why is this thread still alive? - - -

why is this thread still alive? - - -

cuz... "I love eatin shrimp and lob-stah!"

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    why is this thread still alive? - - -

Because it's Crab vs. Lobster foll! Two great delicacies. Would you rather we have a thread on waffles? Crab wins over waffles hommie.