Most recent album you have rediscovered

xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
wildchild - secondary protocol....its going back on heavy rotation compared to the new stones throw material.....

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    ODB - Return To The 36 Chambers

Hadn't listened to this in about 10 years.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i just relistened to that mr. me too clipse 12". i was right, that song sucks.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Anyone want to do the album-recommending thing for me? "for further listening..."

Chronicle is classic obv but I just took it out again for the first time in a long time and really I can't get enough.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I hadn't listened to Otis Redding's Dock Of The Bay & Live In Europe LPs for ages & then listened to them again when I upgraded my copies recently, so good. Also put Method Man - Tical in the car the other day & enjoyed that, I hadn't listened to it for over 5 years. Was kinda kicking myself that I passed on a cheap LP copy a week before I listened to my dubbed cassette. Also Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits, I upgraded this last week too & side one is still fire.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    have some new roomates, they have been going through my records this past week and rekindling flames

barbara and ernie is getting a fourth wind, as is this

also i woke up to my roomate bumping midnight starr on blast! i'm glad my new roomates actually like music other than punk

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

one of my few "traders remorse" records. Dang, I wish I still had that.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wildchild - secondary protocol....

its going back on heavy rotation compared to the new stones throw material.....

same wildchild of "renegade master" fame? thats all i ever knew from them..through the 2 fatboy slim remixes (which are great)

• xyzlenexyzlene 37 Posts
    most likely a different group your thinking of

wildchild is an mc from cali....

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Paul Jackson - Black Octopus LP

Damn I forgot how amazing this record is. One of those "worth every cent" expensive pieces.

• Options

K in Canada.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Anyone want to do the album-recommending thing for me? "for further listening..."

Chronicle is classic obv but I just took it out again for the first time in a long time and really I can't get enough.

I'm a Creedence freak, so all seven of their original-release albums have something of worth, but if I had to narrow it down, I'd go with Green River, Willy & The Poor Boys, and Cosmo's Factory. All three of these LP's capture them in their hitmaking prime (1969-70).

I also like Pre-Creedence by the Golliwogs, which is a compilation of early garage-type singles they waxed back when they went under that name. This doesn't really sound like the CCR we know, but if you have any kind of love for the 60's garage-rock thing, you may just like this one.

• pulled this one out last week:

been spinnin' it eva since.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i just relistened to that mr. me too clipse 12". i was right, that song sucks.

I still find that tune wholly underwhelming

• Paul Jackson - Black Octopus LP

Damn I forgot how amazing this record is. One of those "worth every cent" expensive pieces.

Whats the going rate for this?
    Last year a dealer around these parts had a box of sealed copies
    for 75 euros a pop!
    I knew it was rare, but i didnt know the music so i wasn't going to bet 75 euros!
    must i kick myself now?

As for my rediscovery Eddie Kendricks - The Hitman.
    Bought it last week, only to realise i already had a copy when i got home

I guess it didnt impress me the first time but i really enjoyed it now.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    bought it, left it on the shelf til now:

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Paul Jackson - Black Octopus LP

Whats the going rate for this?
    Last year a dealer around these parts had a box of sealed copies
    for 75 euros a pop!
    I knew it was rare, but i didnt know the music so i wasn't going to bet 75 euros!
    must i kick myself now?
    That's probably about right, but it's a fantastic record. Goddamn - he had a BOX of sealed copies?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    not really an album, but i rediscovered how good lighthouse's "one fine morning" is (the song)

i need some covers of this song!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

In fact, all the 68-74 Dr. John albums are getting heavy spins again. Hence the avatar.

"I got medicine, to cure all y'alls ills???"

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

and earlier zep in general. plant is kind of rediculous but the whole zep shebang is pretty devastating - musicianship, production values, bombast... no such thing as a rock band like this any more.

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts
    Adele Sebastian: Desert Fairy Princess

I've had this for a couple of years but didn't really get into it until recently. Really nice stuff. Is anyone here familiar with the Nimbus label by the way? What else should I chekc out? I know Tapscott but that's about it.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

Haven't listened to Capital Tax for a very long time. What a dope LP!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

and earlier zep in general. plant is kind of rediculous but the whole zep shebang is pretty devastating - musicianship, production values, bombast... no such thing as a rock band like this any more.

oh hell yes.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Jerry Butler-Sweet Sixteen

• Options
    not really an album, but i rediscovered how good lighthouse's "one fine morning" is (the song)

This song is in regular rotation at the local rock station, Q107. Can't recall ever seeing a cover of that tune, I'll ask my rock buddies.

K.

• SoulificSoulific 103 Posts

Haven`t seen a cover yet but you are damn right, that sure is a nice tune. Plus I like the album coverart.

Your post made me somehow rediscover this album:

Morning Star is the song I dig the most.
    Perfect sunday morning pre-breakfast spin that is.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts

K in Canada.

YES, this album is excellent!

I wouldn't really call it re-discovered, but I've been playing Fela's Expensive Shit album loads of times this week after somehow not listening to it for a few months.

• not really an album, but i rediscovered how good lighthouse's "one fine morning" is (the song)

Haven`t seen a cover yet but you are damn right, that sure is a nice tune. Plus I like the album coverart.

Your post made me somehow rediscover this album:

Morning Star is the song I dig the most.
    Perfect sunday morning pre-breakfast spin that is.

YES!!..I was really feelin that track when I bought that album about a month ago, also the lyrics on "Funky Folsom" are hilarious!!

• per0per0 152 Posts

• Organ jazz albums don't get better than that.