new E-40 video

13»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all shit on first-hand personal experience in favor of short-sighted corporate crap

You think Jive would have signed 40 for all of that money if they didn't already do the market research?

Jive's market research was confirmed with Hall of Game going platinum. Therefore it is now fact rather than short-sighted corporate crap.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    With all due respect Mr. Gabriel I do not take your personal experience to be representative of "block-defining listeners" in the slightest.

No offense.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yo archaic this is a thread about a new 40 song/video that is geared for radio and club. as much as i love hearing the personal recollections of your happiest 40 moments, it really doesn't belong here.

too bad this doesnt have one of those split video shits where they play the b-side too cos yay area shits all over this

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    but did he get played in the clubs? Did he get played on the radio? Comparitively to Southern artists?

Yes, moreso back in like '94-'95 than since but, yes.

Plus, since that's where your experience is, you put way too much on what is played in clubs.

Q: How many eager, block-defining rap listeners NEVER go to clubs?

A: Most of them.

*le sigh*

you = purposely missing the point and arguing just to argue.

regards.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I loves 40

but

forgettable rhymes

sayin...

cant really argue with that... seen better

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    ...whether it's your man or your brother you've been out to protect... however they both seem perfectly capable of protecting their own posteriors.

hold up there, twinkle toes. what the fuck do you think you are speaking of? and what the hell have you ever done that would make me have to protect my own "posterior"?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I loves 40

but

forgettable rhymes

sayin...

"rip the brakes off of that pussy" has been one of favourite lines so far...

next to

"turn your Plesantville into Fallujah"

• cascas 1,484 Posts

don't bring my name into this. you see me partaking in this discussion?

fall back, p.funk. stop hiding behind your favorite graemlin and speak on what incident you're refering to or shut your smart ass fucking mouth up and leave me out of this.

awesome!!!

dogs if you don't remember the last time you got all sergeant slaughter with me on this board then I'm not going to take the time to remind you.

I don't know where all the anger and vitriol stems from but it's all fun and games over here dude.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I loves 40

but

forgettable rhymes

sayin...

"Her ass is fat enough to put a cup on her booty."

C'mon! That shit's hilarious.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Y'all need to learn the difference between "targeted to radio" and "shitty." Because there is one, they're not one in the same. Although on this song, there's plenty of overlap.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    breaking mind garden request... can I please get a video for MUSCLE CARS? i could see that making a very hot video.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i just did a search, holmes. it was when you told everyone on here that you were the king of the strut and didn't approve of the week's postings and that eveyone needs to get on your level. i replied. you replied. herm deaded the issue.

i'll tell you straight up. i don't like you. i don't like your posts. you are not funny. after the above incident i haven't said shit to you or about you. i let you exist in your little "i'm the king" internet world without any words from me. then you want to bring me into an argument that you are having with rootless, anna and a few other guys who have nothing to do with me. anna has never tried to come to my defense on here to the best of my recollection and utilization of the search function. i ask you again...what the fuck do you want from me? let me be and i'll let you be. don't go bringing me up. this has nothing to do with anna. she's a grown girl and can handle her own shit on here. i never step up to beef with anyone that tries to bring it to her.

it's all fun and games over here too, doggy.

now
    fall
    the
    fuck
    back.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

C'mon! That shit's hilarious.

i'm sayin...

fuck people, have you no loyalty to the humorous aspects of mainstream appeal??

This is getting way too aggro and ridiculous.

I am glad that you have followed my posts so closely that you can not only find them decisively unfunny and dislikable but you can come to the conclusion that you don't like someone you've never met. The internet seems to play a bigger part in your life than mine (and that's saying a lot - I've got like fittyleventhousand posts).

Despite its utter ridiculousness it appears that the mere mention of your name requires explaining:

Anna, your girlfriend (or wife? not sure), posted that she thought I was being extra dickish today. I wrote that the only times she seems to feel this way is when I'm e-beefing with either you or her brother. If that's cause for you to go rambo then you must have some anger management issues.

might I suggest Mah Jong?

• MaptbanMaptban 8 Posts

What is E-40? Is it a plane?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    i just did a search, holmes. it was when you told everyone on here that you were the king of the strut and didn't approve of the week's postings and that eveyone needs to get on your level. i replied. you replied. herm deaded the issue.

Please to cite thread!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

What is E-40? Is it a plane?

he's a rapper that makes soulstrutters act all funny

• MaptbanMaptban 8 Posts

AaAHHahahhahh!!!

LOL @ your location!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    With all due respect Mr. Gabriel I do not take your personal experience to be representative of "block-defining listeners" in the slightest.

No offense.

That's because you buy into the smug school of obsessive hattery.

In the case of E-40, I think your take is wack not only because you believe computer-generated statistics over someone's very real personal experiences, but also because you are, as usual, attempting to knock the artist at hand down a peg.

You have nothing to go on as far as calling whether or not E-40 reached folks down South other than stupid fuckin Billboard numbers...and even though they tell you that at one point he went platinum...you still want to hate on the mere idea that people outside of your comfort zone were every bit as much into 40's music as you claim to have been.

And yeah, to go platunum in '06 a rap artist has to dip much farther into the Becky pool than rap artists had to in order to go platinum in '96. That is not news to anyone by now.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This song is terrible.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

OMG! OMG! Quote of the week!!!!!!

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    The video is hooot! I have liked U and Dat from the first time I heard it. But sometimes I can have questionable tastes. And that new Turf Talk shit was the shit, holler with doubles if you see them my Bay people!

No offense.

In the case of E-40, I think your take is wack not only because you believe computer-generated statistics over someone's very real personal experiences, but also because you are, as usual, attempting to knock the artist at hand down a peg.

You have nothing to go on as far as calling whether or not E-40 reached folks down South other than stupid fuckin Billboard numbers...and even though they tell you that at one point he went platinum...you still want to hate on the mere idea that people outside of your comfort zone were every bit as much into 40's music as you claim to have been.

And yeah, to go platunum in '06 a rap artist has to dip much farther into the Becky pool than rap artists had to in order to go platinum in '96. That is not news to anyone by now.

classic!

What I love most about this post is that you somehow managed to make it look like I'm HATING on E-40.

But really, there's so much to love.

Now, by all means, continue arguing with yourself over ideas that were never contested; I've got to get up and get dressed, classes start early at the smug school of obsessive hattery.