• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is this Crunk or Hyphy?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    tepid beat, forgettable rhymes

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    and that Dolphins hat in the video is SICK !! please to find for me 7 3/8

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is this Crunk or Hyphy?

I asked this before seein tha whole video.

I good to see Kandi still in the game.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    It's alright, and is not doing as well as Tell Me When To Go or the remix, but the video should boost that. Even though it sounds pretty similar to "yeah" and T-Pain sounds like a bad Roger Troutman, this will probably go bananas in the club.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Beat sounds too much like Lil Jon two years ago. The video is cool though. Also, fuck a T-Pain.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    love those stunnas

actually I just thinking how lame that trend is.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    tepid beat, forgettable rhymes

Pfffff, If this is considered hot hip-hop I'll gladdly pack my bags. Just a lot of people jumping on the hyphy bandwagon imo.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    it's not even hyphy....it's just soft

it's funny, 40 is finally getting some national shine at a time when he's making some of the worst music of his career.[/b]

• Couse you aren't feeling the tremendous knock in the song, because it's not for record nerds. It's not your monkey pimpin is trying to get at. This is for drunk girls at a club and the dudes that are trying to grind on them. As far as that goes, I perfer it over "Run it".

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I will concede that girl in the video is hot. I love her smile. So tempting.

• Couse you aren't feeling the tremendous knock in the song, because it's not for record nerds. It's not your monkey pimpin is trying to get at. This is for drunk girls at a club and the dudes that are trying to grind on them. As far as that goes, I perfer it over "Run it".
    cosign. "hyphy" "go dumb" and just about anything bay slapping is NOT for record nerds. you can't analyze hyphy through pinner ass computer speakers in your office or bedroom either in some khakis or your underoos.

u and dat.... makes the females shake their respectable bottoms. flat out. so you can drink a red stripe along the wall minding 40's tepid turdness or you can pop your collar and try to holler at a breezie.

just my deuce.

• sorry this shit just slapps.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    dudes

You don't have to accept garbage just because you've been convinced by the crunk(tm) or hyphy(R) beat that its 'dope in the club' or 'for the ladies' or whatever. There are shitty songs for the club and shitty songs for ladies, and there are good songs for the club and good songs for ladies. This song is shitty. The E-40 album has some really hot tracks, so there's no need to pass off weak garbage as dope just because they made a poor choice for a single. That whole "they just don't get it cuz its not for record nerds" thing is just lazy. If yr gonna defend it you need more, more I say.

cosign. "hyphy" "go dumb" and just about anything bay slapping is NOT for record nerds. you can't analyze hyphy through pinner ass computer speakers in your office or bedroom either in some khakis or your underoos.

can't listen to Bay Area rap in my khakis?

• dudes

You don't have to accept garbage just because you've been convinced by the crunk(tm) or hyphy(R) beat that its 'dope in the club' or 'for the ladies' or whatever. There are shitty songs for the club and shitty songs for ladies, and there are good songs for the club and good songs for ladies. This song is shitty. The E-40 album has some really hot tracks, so there's no need to pass off weak garbage as dope just because they made a poor choice for a single. That whole "they just don't get it cuz its not for record nerds" thing is just lazy. If yr gonna defend it you need more, more I say.

then you either arent from the bay, or bay stuff isnt hittin in your area, or you are from the bay but played it right after some piss poor ashanti track so there wasnt a crowd to react to it.

im sorry if i come off curt... but are you serious? this is knock plain and simple. i cant even believe someone is debating where or not this works in a club.

tried and true. ask any dj who gigs actual parties with ladies in the bay.

even the wannabe urban chics from san jose who wear skirts over their jeans and bamboo earrings and a bone plate in her lip and a hiero sticker on the gas cap door of her honda civic is gigging to this.

sorry kid i cant hear that argument.

• cosign. "hyphy" "go dumb" and just about anything bay slapping is NOT for record nerds. you can't analyze hyphy through pinner ass computer speakers in your office or bedroom either in some khakis or your underoos.

can't listen to Bay Area rap in my khakis?

naw im just trying to say that you kinda gotta get into it... difficult to do if you arent in a slap condusive environment

even the wannabe urban chics from san jose who wear skirts over their jeans and bamboo earrings and a bone plate in her lip

south bay national geographic raer.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Hot chicks...but the rest, hmmmmmmh

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    it's funny, 40 is finally getting some national shine at a time when he's making some of the worst music of his career.[/b]

you know what's funny is a bunch of folks who never were checking for 40 early on jumping on the bandwagon ever so quickly to jump right back off and start dissing the man.

Shit it ain't my favorite song but let the man live and respect it for what it is. Dude put out "Tell Me When To Go" and didn't really feast off it so.... he is trying to sell records. The fuck do you people want.

I am sure there is some dangermouse-ghostface collabo to get into if this isn't your thing

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

you know what's funny is a bunch of folks who never were checking for 40 early on jumping on the bandwagon ever so quickly to jump right back off and start dissing the man.

Too many sanctimonious "fans" view rap as disposable to the point that they think it's their God-given duty to chew up artists for the sole purpose of spitting them back out.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

wannabe urban chics from san jose who wear skirts over their jeans and bamboo earrings and a bone plate in her lip and a hiero sticker on the gas cap door of her honda civic

Ether!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Shit it ain't my favorite song but let the man live and respect it for what it is. Dude put out "Tell Me When To Go" and didn't really feast off it so.... he is trying to sell records. The fuck do you people want.

Cosign. They are starting to play the first song off the album a lot on the radio. That shit is The new bay slap of the moment is Turf Talk feat Hoodstarz "Waking Em Up". Turfy kills this "Tell Me When To Go" retread.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E1AC28475332D97B

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    You can ask Serg, I'm all for softbatch R&B hooks and pop moves.
    Just not ones with T-Pain and shitty 2 year old-sounding beats.
    Some people will dance to anything. Also, this is not a 'bay area' thing, that beat sounds like a 2004 atlanta track.