NBA FINALS 2006 - What's Really Good Batchez

Comments

• Calling me a homer isn't exactly revelatory RG. I'll tell you if you ask.

• Pile on Dirk and the Mavs all y'all want for Game 4 cos they deserve it. My only contention is that one horrid game doesn't necessarily clean the slate of Dirk and the Mavs accomplishments, and the cries of "soft" are just silly.

I wish y'all would come clean on the reasons you hate Dirk so much, or why it makes some of you so happy when he has a bad game. Didn't see too many posts the day after he scored 50. Let's not forget SA Game 7. Tough 3 point play to tie. 37 and 15. C'mon now. Cleanse your souls of your xenophobia.

But yeah, y'all rule the roost for 3 days, hope you enjoy it. I'm thinking today is a good day to get mad work done. Late.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    these finals have caused mayhem out here in downtown miami
    i work across the street from the arena and things were hectic just tryin to drive before the game last night
    last nights win turned this back into a series
    i gotta get me some tickets

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Pile on Dirk and the Mavs all y'all want for Game 4 cos they deserve it. My only contention is that one horrid game doesn't necessarily clean the slate of Dirk and the Mavs accomplishments, and the cries of "soft" are just silly.

I wish y'all would come clean on the reasons you hate Dirk so much, or why it makes some of you so happy when he has a bad game. Didn't see too many posts the day after he scored 50. Let's not forget SA Game 7. Tough 3 point play to tie. 37 and 15. C'mon now. Cleanse your souls of your xenophobia.

But yeah, y'all rule the roost for 3 days, hope you enjoy it. I'm thinking today is a good day to get mad work done. Late.

OK - my contention with Dirk has always been that he is soft in the paint.

I don't see how that can be contested after last night.

As EdPowers said above, we'll see how he handles getting knocked around by a more physical team.

It is common knowledge that, early in his career, he would retreat to the perimeter instead of getting into the paint and that is when I as well as MANY others started saying he's soft.

He is a great player. He has had great games. You are the only one comparing him to Shaq or Wade. I don't think the three can be compared.

I have always conceded that Dirk is a great player. You talked out of your ass about Wade yesterday and made yourself look like you don't know what you're talking about.

Btw, you sound ass-hurt

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm just glad D Wade was able to overcome what was assuredly a horrendous knee injury to come out and play like that.

I was actually checking for that last night, and for a while, I could've sworn Wade was playing a fuckin' soccer game: "Oh god, I'm wounded! I can't go on! I'm down! My leg! I may need to have it amputated! Put me out of my miser--oh, shit, scoring opportunity! I'm on it! Swoop to the hoop, muhfuckaaaaas! OK, scoring opportunity over...I'm totally crippled! Can't...move...leg!" Ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, the Mavs were ridiculously weak.

even though Phoenix got worked by S.A., he put up insane stats in that series.

Well, to be fair, that seemed to be part of SA's defensive strategy. Like, "Amare can go off, but we've gotta keep a lid on Marion, Nash, and them other dudes...Amare can't beat us 1-on-5." Not that I'm at all comparing Amare to Jordan, but it's like the philosophy that instead of focusing your energy on shutting down Jordan, you focus on shutting down the rest of the team,

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I'm just glad D Wade was able to overcome what was assuredly a horrendous knee injury to come out and play like that.

I was actually checking for that last night, and for a while, I could've sworn Wade was playing a fuckin' soccer game: "Oh god, I'm wounded! I can't go on! I'm down! My leg! I may need to have it amputated! Put me out of my miser--oh, shit, scoring opportunity! I'm on it! Swoop to the hoop, muhfuckaaaaas! OK, scoring opportunity over...I'm totally crippled! Can't...move...leg!" Ridiculous.

And Jim Brown used to get up slow from every tackle...what?

I'll put Jim Brown's track record against Wade's any day of the week. Especially when you consider that Jim Brown was all about plowing muhfuckas over in a sport that emphasizes collisions, whereas you can't say anything like that about Wade.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I'll put Jim Brown's track record against Wade's any day of the week. Especially when you consider that Jim Brown was all about plowing muhfuckas over in a sport that emphasizes collisions, whereas you can't say anything like that about Wade.

Yeah, Wade is reluctant to drive the lane amongst the trees and take all sorts of shots in the process.

Yeah, Wade is reluctant to drive the lane amongst the trees and take all sorts of shots in the process.

So Wade driving the lane and drawing contact is the same thing as Jim Brown running the football with several two-hundred-plus-pund men trying to not just get in his way, but tackle him, hit him, body check him, and otherwise maul him? Good luck with that equivalency.

Wade's not a wimp, but his "I'm mortally wounded--unless I have a chance to score!" act is real tired.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Dj Enki's credibility just went out the window with those statements.

Does this mean you just worked me, son? It's so hard to keep track.

Does this mean you just worked me, son? It's so hard to keep track.

No it just means you speak gibberish.

• I have always conceded that Dirk is a great player. You talked out of your ass about Wade yesterday and made yourself look like you don't know what you're talking about.

Btw, you sound ass-hurt

Oh c'mon Johnny. I said "wade's a beast" and "wade is top whatever" about five times during my shit talk. it wasn't somewhat obvious i was playing a role for discussion's sake?

i stand by my drama queen contentions though.

whatever. you pick your spots well hommie.

• I don't see how that can be contested after last night.

because it would be real fucking stupid of anyone to draw one conclusion about a whole player's career after one game, and stupid to foist that game up as "proof". get real kiddo.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I don't see how that can be contested after last night.

because it would be real fucking stupid of anyone to draw one conclusion about a whole player's career after one game, and stupid to foist that game up as "proof". get real kiddo.

Pick apart my post into clips all you want, but the bottom line is that MANY PEOPLE have felt this way about your boy Dirk for a while now. It wasn't until last year that anyone took his post game seriously.

If you can't do it when it counts...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    OK, back to the big picture:

This is now a best of 3 series.

Both teams have done what they should be doing, taking care of business at home.

The challenge now is for one of them to break the mold and win on the road.

Who will be the first to do it, if someone even ends up doing so?

If it comes down to Game 7 in Dallas, I don't see Miami getting over that hump...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Exactly.

Look for big things from Jason Williams in game 5.

• I don't see how that can be contested after last night.

Pick apart my post into clips all you want, but the bottom line is that MANY PEOPLE have felt this way about your boy Dirk for a while now. It wasn't until last year that anyone took his post game seriously.

If you can't do it when it counts...

He has Johnny. G7 SA. G4 SA. G5 Phoenix. And this series ain't over, he will do it again as we win this title.

It's okay, I figured out why you hate Dirk so much.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i know people don't always care about these records, but i found it hard to believe that people would question wade as one of the best in the NBA after he just set a record only previously held by west, magic, and jordan. over 40 pts and 10 rebounds in a finals game, i think. you can't really hate...

• All teasing and disagreements aside.

Do any of you guys think Stackhouse should get suspended for the flagrant on Shaq?

Apparently, ESPN (on SC and Dan Patrick radio show) is cheerleading for this to happen.

Shaq himself had no beef with it. It was a hard playoff foul. Flagrant 2 at worst, but I thought the Flagrant 1 was apt.

• Wow. They suspended him.

Fuck the NBA. This is ridiculous.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    OK, back to the big picture:

This is now a best of 3 series.

Both teams have done what they should be doing, taking care of business at home.

Who will be the first to do it, if someone even ends up doing so?

If it comes down to Game 7 in Dallas, I don't see Miami getting over that hump...

Exactly

Do any of you guys think Stackhouse should get suspended for the flagrant on Shaq?

I dont know, but that was one of the smartest fouls Stackhouse could give.
    I relate it to the Raja Bell foul, it sends a message. Somebody on Dallas has to be the enforcer.

• I might as well watch WWE as watch the NBA.

I relate it to the Raja Bell foul, it sends a message. Somebody on Dallas has to be the enforcer.

Stackhouse suspended? that's wrong. It's not even close to the Raja Bell foul.

• Do any of you guys think Stackhouse should get suspended for the flagrant on Shaq?

Stackhouse suspended? that's wrong. It's not even close to the Raja Bell foul.

Yeah. Avery himself just broke the news on 103.3 in Dallas.

Avery himself just broke the news on 103.3 in Dallas.

There should be no arguement here. Shit was flagrant - no question.
    But now Darrel Armstrong is gonna have to strongarm Shaq.

Avery himself just broke the news on 103.3 in Dallas.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised. The doling out of suspensions has been so uneven these playoffs, but I figured in the Finals, they'd just call it a flagrant and be done with it.

• Avery himself just broke the news on 103.3 in Dallas.

Why do they have flagrant fouls then? They called it at the time....why does it merit a suspension? Shaq himself had no beef with it.

They get two shots and the ball for the Flagrant 1. How does that turn into a suspension? He didn't go at his head or anything. It's not like the Mavs have a rep as "hard-nosed NBA thugs".

I don't understand how there should be no argument. This is clearly anti-Mav bias on the part of Stu Jackson/The Association. They are gonna do their darnedest to not have to give Cuban a trophy.