World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• Germany, don't underestimate the home field advantage! And the team is quite good as well.

Usually I don't quote myself, but as I said at page 1, don't underestimate the home field advantage!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rodriguez, SUPERSHOT.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Rodriguez, SUPERSHOT.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Rodriguez, SUPERSHOT.
    a facemelting goal and an exciting match, hats off.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Dear England fans,

please don't fuck up my home town Stuttgart. Please don't!

Sincerely
    Grope

I'm really looking forward to Germany vs. Argentinia. Should be a great game. The German players are very confident and focused. And Argentinia wsa looking good yesterday. Germany is the strongest team, so far, right? Argentinia too. Well, I don't know! But it'S going to be a good match. Those two teams are playing a little different. Should be fun to watch.
    Klose set up both goals. He's in good shape. I thoght Argentinia was a little lucky. For some time, it looked lie Mexico would win. I was expecting them to score the 2-1. Sorry, Mexico!

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

What he said!

I dont see Germany beating Argentina on Friday. Mertesacker & Metzelder are piss poor for Germany and I can see them having their arses handed back to them by the Argentines.......

.....I also think Ecuador has a good chance today

• Dear England fans,

Sincerely
    Grope

Dont blame the English fans alone..looks like German fans go at it just as hard.

Hooligans in Stuttgart on Saturday

I hope this bullshit doesnt overshadow the rest of the tournement.

Today:
    The Netherlands - Portugal

Portugal will be hard to beat for Holland..Our defense was looking good against Argentina, but I'm curious what Van Basten has planned for the attack,
    we were definetly lacking killer instinct there!

I still can't understand why he didn't bring this man:

The Hunter

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Dear England fans,

Sincerely
    Grope

Dont blame the English fans alone..looks like German fans go at it just as hard.

I wasn't blaming anyone. I didn't even know that there were still riots going on. Fuck thsoe Germans. Idiots! I wish the police would do something. Anyone throwing chairs should be arrested immediately. Doesn't look like the police knows how to handle those little punks.

• I dont know..these are the first news of riots i have seen, looks to me like German authorities have it wel under control..I remember previous tournements having way more problems with hooligans..or maybe we dont get to see what's really going on in the streets..

• I dont know..these are the first news of riots i have seen, looks to me like German authorities have it wel under control..I remember previous tournements having way more problems with hooligans..or maybe we dont get to see what's really going on in the streets..

I've just been 10 days in Berlin and had the best 10 days party in a row ever. There have been no hooligans or any kind of violence or agression. Just all kind of fans having party together. Thats what really going on on the streets.

I've just been 10 days in Berlin and had the best 10 days party in a row ever. There have been no hooligans or any kind of violence or agression. Just all kind of fans having party together. Thats what really going on on the streets.

DOPE!!

Did you get the chance to go to any games?

I'd love to go to Berlin one of these days..i'm sooo jelous right now

• Congratulations England..I hope we meet you in the quarter finals!

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    england superstars = a. cole and j. cole. joe cole has played the best for them all tournament.

ashley saved that game for england. hussel squad capitan with that move.

good shot by beckham, but the ecuadorian goalie was really off on his positioning for that kick.

happy they won, but still don't think they are playing good enough to win the cup. they should get to the semi's though.

oh..and seeing beckham throw up, knowing that 2.3 billion people were watching.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    400,000 yellow cards in the portugal/holland game.

schitt is silly.

• Portugal now could be without Deco, costinha, Ronaldo and Figo for the england match!

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    This was no game, this was war! But why didn't Ruud van Nistelrooy play? I don't get it...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Netherlands played like a bunch of bitches. That ref fucked up so many calls but I guess he's bound to miss some shit in a match that dirty.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Netherlands played like a bunch of bitches.

Aren't you forgetting about someone.... oh yea, Portugal. Ronaldo crying on the bench like a baby.. or how about their thick headed captain who headbutts a guy, yea that's fair play for sure. I know both sides had their share of incidents , but Portugal bothers me something fierce. England will send them into the ground.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

Aren't you forgetting about someone.... oh yea, Portugal. Ronaldo crying on the bench like a baby.. or how about their thick headed captain who headbutts a guy, yea that's fair play for sure. I know both sides had their share of incidents , but Portugal bothers me something fierce. England will send them into the ground.

yeah that headbutt was weak, but the Dutch had:

-dude throwing Deco to the ground and getting away with it (Deco get's tossed! WTF!)
    -Dutch keeper shoving one of the Portuguese strikers right in front of the ref and getting away with it (but Ricardo gets a card for stalling! WTF again!)
    -not giving the ball back to Portugal after an injury, the ultimate bitch move

there are more I know I'm forgetting. fuck 'em, i'm glad they lost.

• Portugal now could be without Deco, costinha, Ronaldo and Figo for the england match!

Shame someone had to lose that game. I'm a fan of both teams.

England aren't playing well but a lucky team they certainly are!

Now their luck continues with the loss of key players to Portugal, as above.

I feel sorry for fans of football having to watch our games, surely the worst of the World Cup?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

ronaldo may be a little bitch at times, but watch that play again. spikes to the upper thigh would probably fuck up most people.

and that head butt was wack, but not NEARLY as wack as the fucking susan lucci acting that followed.

and don't get me wrong, portugal played ugly as hell, and will now suffer from it by having top playes out in the next game. the real winner in this game was england.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

yeah that headbutt was weak, but the Dutch had:

-dude throwing Deco to the ground and getting away with it (Deco get's tossed! WTF!)
    -Dutch keeper shoving one of the Portuguese strikers right in front of the ref and getting away with it (but Ricardo gets a card for stalling! WTF again!)
    -not giving the ball back to Portugal after an injury, the ultimate bitch move

there are more I know I'm forgetting. fuck 'em, i'm glad they lost.

Ok, the play where they didn't give the ball back to Portugal was weak. I cannot deny that. Deco got the card because he picked up the ball while the play was live (from what I understood), that ref was extremely liberal with his cards!

I just straight up dislike Portugal, bunch of sucks they are.

• Portugal played like some bitches as always..bad losers..Holland sucked just as hard, so many chances and still they couldn't score, so they dont deserve it. both teams played dirty!

The ref was

and fucked up the game even more %#*&!!!
    Congrats Portugal..but you will not go far!
    GO GHANAAA!!
    peace!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Netherlands played like a bunch of bitches. That ref fucked up so many calls but I guess he's bound to miss some shit in a match that dirty.

You're forgetting that Robben's head almost was taken off by that flying kick that hit him in his shoulder instead.It was a seriously dirty game being played by both sides more so by Portugal.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Yeah -- that was clearly a PK. I'll bet the ref didn't see it from his angle, though.

The refs have been ruining the tournament.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I mean, I never thought I'd say that, but I'm not particularly partial to any team that would have been burned by horseshit calls, so there you have it...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Australia plays Italy tonight... and my fiance is Italian!

This game may well be the end of our relationship.

PSYCH!

DOPE!!

Did you get the chance to go to any games?

I'd love to go to Berlin one of these days..i'm sooo jelous right now

I just can recommend everybody to go there, it's great. You still can buy tickets on the street. The tickets are personlized but they don't check your ID at the stadium so you can get in with every ticket. I watched Brasil - Croatia:

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Can't believe England are still playing so poorly and are through to the Quarters.

Good to see Rooney starting to come alive again though it really is time Sven grew some proper testicles and dropped fat Frank, we could have finished off Ecuador easily if that chubster remembered how to finish (by far the most disappointing player in the England team in this tournament).

Props to Holland and Portugal (and the referee) for fucking eachother over before they play England, Portugal without Deco gives me far greater hope of an England win (and I'll be interested to see if there's any action taken against Figo for the headbutt as well - guessing probably not due to the booking at the time of the incident).

Got a Larry David situation going on for the QF on Saturday - there's a wake for a friend's mum at midday and the match starts at 4. What to do?

I'm very interested to know what's going on with Ruud at the moment as he must have truly pissed off Van Basten not to be brought on when they're 1-0 down and Kuyt was playing so poorly.

Felt for Mexico as well, as I thought they were truly in with a chance of pulling off a massive upset against Argentina.