World Cup Bastards Speak Up!!! (Brits stand up!)

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I caught the Spain-Tunisia game. It was pretty dope. That Spain team is looking really good.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Bump. Today's games are MEGA!

Wow, a draw for Ecuador and they finish top.... then England might prefer to lose to Sweden else it's Ze Chermans in the round of 16.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    Thought about trying to avoid the Germans until the last minute too, but thinking more, I'd rather face them with (excluding Gary Neville) a full squad to pick from, rather than be forced to have to take them on with key injuries later in the competiton. They have to be done by someone!!!

And if we are not up to it, then I suspect there's little chance we would have done better against the South Americans etc.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not sure who I'd want England to go up against in the next round. I hate Germany, because they always seem to have a prob with them. But Ecuador is playing very well indeed!

ENGLAND!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    1 - 0, Klose again.

I'm still preferring to play Germany at the moment, I see England raising their game more for the old rivals than the seriously well organised Ecuador.

Looking like at the moment the only way that'll happen is if we lose to Sweden which, on the plus side, means that the match will be on the Saturday rather the Sunday.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Thought about trying to avoid the Germans until the last minute too, but thinking more, I'd rather face them with (excluding Gary Neville) a full squad to pick from, rather than be forced to have to take them on with key injuries later in the competiton. They have to be done by someone!!!

And if we are not up to it, then I suspect there's little chance we would have done better against the South Americans etc.

Yeah, if it goes to penalties, better to have Gary Neville out injured.

But it seems like out of the previous WC winners, only Italy came to win with defense and that's cost them already with that tasty own goal by Zaccardo! So I can't see yet another England knockout game decided on penalties. Also, the English bookies would go broke so I doubt it will happen

Klose...

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Klose...

Podolski!!! 3:0!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Mertesacker: won more than 85% of all his duels.

I really like Klose. He scored 4 goals so far and until now, he's looking better than any other forward. Nistelrooy, Owens, Drogba, Ronaldo, Adriano can't touch him. Klose might be a little unspectacular, but still, he looks better than most others...
    Klose scored 25 goals (PLUS 16 assists) in the Bundesliga 05/06. He's cool.

Was Ecuador that weak, or Germany that good??? I'm still trying to figure it out. Not a good game.

Let's get it on England!!!

Let's get it on England!!!

HA!

If England wins or ties today, you'll have to wait til July 9th to play England!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    alright dude, it's on.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Wish i could see this game. i am listening to it at my desk, Sweden isnt half bad. And England could have just suffered something serious with this Owen business.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    to be honest, I'm kind of sick of owen. He is just too injury prone to be reliable. I can't even recall the last time he has had an injury free season.

it looked very innocuous to say the least.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    come on! lose england! go sweden.

germany vs. england is a MUST!!!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    to be honest, I'm kind of sick of owen. He is just too injury prone to be reliable. I can't even recall the last time he has had an injury free season.

it looked very innocuous to say the least.

i didnt see it, but he just fell down?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    so, has the real england finally stood up? Best 45 mins of their campaign so far, now let's hope sven doesn't turtle into a shell once again.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5100516.stm

does not look good for owen........now will the walcott selection blow up in sven's face?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ha! see you, england. glad you're losing!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    hmmm interesting change, that's weird to take ferdinand off like that, unless he is injured.

terrible marking on set pieces.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    now will the walcott selection blow up in sven's face?

I think it will.

Oh yeah, Go Sweden!!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Rooney the petulent man child, he does not look happy, throwing his cleats on to the ground.

Sven is the master of the jekyll and hyde performances. His 2nd half tactics are just plain WEAK.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    man of match = joe cole

Gerrard scored i thought they said he was gonna be rested for this game.
    Damnit!!!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    damn, our set piece formation is just wretched. Seriously needs to be worked on

Larsson scored this is great

Worse denfencing ever...

They better get their act together...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Sweden vs. Germany

what's up with England? Beckham helping out in the penalty area with the headers? WTF? Dude caused the 1-1 and almost was responsible for the 1-2...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It would've been wrong if England had won that game. Sweden had too many goals they should've made. That 90th minute goal by Sweden made for some exciting football though. Sweden vs Germany should be a good one.

• Sweden vs Germany will be a great match but it is a shame that Sweden will be out afterwards.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    damn, our set piece formation is just wretched. Seriously needs to be worked on

It completely fell apart in the second half. First 45 minutes was their best WC performance so far, but they really struggled to impose themselves on the game in any meaningful way after the break. Joe Cole had a great game - the way he held the ball up while Gerrard made his run for the second goal was sublime. And as he probably won't get any credit anywhere else, I have to say Owen Hargreaves wasn't far behind him for England's man of the match imo - he worked hard all night, he was quick and clean in the tackle, and did a lot to break up the Swedish attacks in the first half. He couldn't get into the game as much later on because we were pressed back by the Swedes but, since it was the first full 90 minutes he's played for England in around four years, he justified his selection.