Texas Rap

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I understand what you're alleging; I'm trying to get a better picture for the "when and where" of it all. Like, going back to my original question, does dude have some old cassettes? (nah, I need that walkman fam, that's the only way I can still listen to these Blowed tapes. Without them I'm nothing.) Does he possess a separate, secret Ipod with numerous vintage Blowed tracks? Has he been secretly attending Blowed this whole time?!?!? The mind boggles.

Do not underestimate Krazie Bone's ability to memorize and imitate styles he heard at an open mic 12 years ago.

You are so much smarter than this line of argument is indicating.

Obviously Krazie Bone did not simply internalize and then miraculously replicate them a dozen years later.

That would be crazy.

What he did was spend three hours of every day for the past decade practicing stolen stylez in front of the mirror.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

This is the most annoying thing i've ever seen,even more than the song itself.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

you mean you haven't seen the video?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I think i may have glimpsed it skipping through the channels.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fine, then just try to answer why Chunk Up the Deuce isn't catching on beyond Texas?

- no video

- no real push to radio (YET - swishahouse's hell broke loose 3 is going to go through atlantic, so once that is ready to drop, i wouldnt be surprised if they put more substantial promo behind it. also paul wall is supposed to have a reality show this fall on VH1?)

- that said, there's a bunch of teenage kids in NYC on the subway with chunk up the deuce as their ringtone (last fall and winter, i saw a lot of kids on the subway with "ridin dirty" as their ringtone) and hear it coming out of cars a bunch. wouldnt be surprised if it caught on late.

im a bit surprised trae hasnt gone further with "swang" yet but maybe its just a question of not having outside people on the remix? in NYC at least, a lot of radio DJs weren't playing "still tippin" before the g-unit version, and then once the video really went ballistic, they retired the one with 50 on it in place of the original.

texas rap didnt go (and isnt going) away, i think its just a case of people being inbetween albums and not putting out singles at the moment. cham will have more tracks off his album do well (in the trunk), whenever UGK does their album it will be big (bun b performing @ hopkins fight too) mike jones will come out and have more big songs.

or maybe its just a case of

Yeah, I think I'm somewhat amazed at how much as few as a couple of songs can come to represent so much when it comes to regional rap.

Too many people think that them liking Still Tippin and Sittin Sidewayz but at the same time hating Lil Flip, hating Mike Jones, clowning Cham and Slim Thug, not knowing much about Keke and Magno = being a fan of Houston rap.

All you need to know about hyphy is Tell Me When to Go.

Snap music by way of Lean Wit It and Going Down is taking over the world.

And so on...

Are attention spans just that short nowadays that hardly anyone is really trying to delve deep enough into these areas to move beyond their shiny surfaces?

I know strutters can be more thorough than most on this note, and best believe that local kids have encyclopedic knowledge on their hometown heavy-hitters, but what about all of the other chowderheads out there?

Are they really just waiting for their next chance to proclaim NYC's return to prominence?

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    is hardly anyone is really trying to delve deep enough into these areas to move beyond their shiny surfaces?

I guess it depends on how you define "anyone". On youtube, you can see a lot of 16 year old hoes shaking their asses to "tell me when to go". Are they going to check for other bay area artists? I dunno. Does it really matter, though? Not everyone is going to look beyond the surface to find other schitt. If hyphy doesn't catch on with teenage sluts in training or hipsters, I don't care. Just let the music stay dope.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

that song is a banger.

kinda bites the blowed a little bit though i must say.

that song is a banger.

No, it doesn't...I must say.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

that song is a banger.

WHAATTT????? everything from the south bites the blowed. Didnt you know that? I guess you must not be from an area with lots of black people or something.

that song is a banger.

WHAATTT????? everything from the south bites the blowed. Didnt you know that? I guess you must not be from an area with lots of black people or something.

Please confirm for me that you are 15 years old.

• someone is about to get sued

Rapid Ric is shooting his video for Pullin Up Sunday night at the Back Room.

Let's see what kinda noise it makes once it drops.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    me and ayres bit the blowed now too.

not such a short list anymore

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Fine, then just try to answer why Chunk Up the Deuce isn't catching on beyond Texas?

I chunk up the deuce for the south and the north
    them boys talkin down, I got them diamonds in my...mouth

I mean I know it's a sample, but still...

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

I chunk up the deuce for the south and the nowf[/b]
    them boys talkin down, I got them diamonds in my...mowf[/b]

I mean I know it's a sample, but still...

see it does.

I hear Chunk Up The Deuce and Swang everyday on Sirius.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    i've been bumping a michael watts track with paul wall and kuda (sp?) bang on it with that exact same hook for a good year now....