Your First.... (RR)

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
1. FIRST RECORD YOU BOUGHT:2. FIRST CONCERT YOU ATTENDED:3. FIRST GUITAR/DRUM/BASS/KEYBOARD/ACCORDIAN/VOCAL/TRIANGLE/VIOLIN/ETC.HERO:1. 2. 3. Maureen Tucker - VU drummer

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    (braekz!)

• Options

With my Moms.

Can't remember who my musical hero was, but do remember being enamoured with the guitar solo from "Easy" very early on.

K in Canada.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Neil Peart- king of the roto-toms

• slushslush 691 Posts

Neil Peart

1. MOVING PICTURES
    2. MAPLE LEAF GARDENS FOR THAT ALBUM BEFORE COUNTERPARTS
    3. ALEX FUCKIN LIFESON DOG

• DWGDWG 334 Posts

Kurtis Mantronik - the whole of 'Needle To The Groove' made me think of music completely differently.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Kiss 108 show back in the early 90's w/ bbd, nkotb, mc hammer, aerosmith, and more..

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    survivor-eye of the tiger
    quite riot/whitesnake/kickaxe
    jeff beck

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    1. FIRST RECORD YOU BOUGHT:
    2. FIRST CONCERT YOU ATTENDED:
    3. FIRST GUITAR/DRUM/BASS/KEYBOARD/ACCORDIAN/VOCAL/TRIANGLE/VIOLIN/ETC.HERO:

1. West Street Mob -"Breakdance Electricboogie"

2. Santana/Joan Baez and someone else I forgot live in Cologne

3. Jimi Hendrix

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

I just can't remember the first show I attended; probably it was some brazilian artist/band. It was almost 30 years ago, too much time....

Peace

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

OZZY!!!

• 1. FIRST RECORD YOU BOUGHT:

2. I forget the name of it buit it had some sort of Westside theme. Concert was supposed to be Snoop, Too Short, Westside connect, the Mexikanz, Treach, DJ Aladdin, and the Boo-yah Tribe

only the last 4 acts showed and they threw up the houselights fast after announcing it. Me and my friends thought people were going to riot. A couple of the friends I was with had their gangstafied big brothers with them and they rushed us the hell on out of there.

I loved it

3. De La Soul totally changed not only my musical outlook, but my life outlook when they dropped De La Soul is Dead. Coming from LA during the days where NWA reigned supreem and hearing an album with tracks about arguiing over doughnuts and snaps like "hamster penis" messed with my mind in a beautiful way

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

1. At the age of 7 from the Warehouse that use to be down by Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA:

I loved their TV variety show as well.

2. 1981 At the age of 11. Got a free ticket with my cousin. First time I saw people being carted away because of OD'ing on drugs and mass drug use in general.

Day On The Green at the Oakland Coliseum featuring:

3. That's a simple question. Use to write their logo all over everything I came across beginning in Junior High:

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    now moving into the new school...

bought it in 2001...so you could do the math from there. not an avid shadow fan, but this was my first purchase at a physical store.

listened to their self-titled, and then a free show at UCSD, and was blown away.

j-pop legendary lead guitar/vocal, Sakurai Kazutoshi. I used to idolize this dude from like the early 90s to like '00.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    i think this was one of the 10 first...

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    1. Thriller
    2. Slayer for the Seasons of the Abyss tour ('90 or '91 I think)
    3. Jim Martin from Faith no More; before I understood guitars, I always wondered how he made so many different sounds with the guitar.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I always wondered how he made so many different sounds with the guitar.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

i was 8 i think, my brothers already owned a copy, but i didnt know any music outside of what they exposed me to!

not this exact show, but the same tour, Buffalo NY 4/84. 9th grade! No mick jones sadly, but it was still a great show, and pretty much the last chance to see the clash.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    rock histories revealed! i love it!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Showin my age here, or youth I guess.

2. New Kids on the Block at Jones beach, damn thats embarassing, but I was the only one of my 3rd grade friends to not cry from the loud music, so thats sort of cool i guess.

3. I liked Naughty by Nature, but
    changed my life, prolly brought a discman with that cd in it to middle school every day for a year, with no other albums, just snoop back to front all day...

• djdepositdjdeposit 224 Posts

3.still thinking about

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts

1.chic, kiss, and a corny disco superman 1 sided 12" on casablanca, all at the same time
    2. kiss 1979 with the og band and makeup in full effect
    3. john bonham..started drumming when i was 5

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    1. The first LP i remember begging my mom for, she had to buy me a copy to keep from ruining hers. I was 6 years old when this came out.

2. I was a huge Police fan, but missed them on their last tour. When he did his first solo tour I HAD to be there. Good show.

3. Not sure if this counts, but my brother and I pretended we were these guys with tennis racquets, no kidding.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    1. I think Rick James "Street Songs" I can vaguely remember my dad buyin it for me from a record store on Union.
    2. Mix a Lot with P Funk opening.
    3. Jam Master Jay on the first Run DMC album. Then Mixmaster Ice on The Real Roxxanne song. "yo yo yo yo yo...."

2. Circle Jerks, Burning Spear are the first two I remember

3. Herbie Hancock, then Jimi Hendrix (shout out to Johnny Marr and Eddie VH)

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    it was one of three...that i got off the tv...40 funky hits (comp.) fats domino's greatest hits or a beach boys greatest hits...

first show was constraint,electric love muffin and government issue. at the c.e. center drexel campus philadelphia feb 1985

still watching video's of him onstage blows me away. He should have whiplash by now.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

2. I can't remember...

• yesterdaysyesterdays 60 Posts
    1. it was either Warren G "regulators" cassingle or Metallica "...and justice for all"

2. Beck and Pavement in '97. i was 12 and it changed my life.

3. the solo in heartbreaker was one of the first things i learned on guitar

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Parent's Just Don't Understand / Live @ Union Square 12"

Public Enemy - Tour Of A Black Planet 1990

Herbie Hancock

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    1.[/b]

2.[/b]+3.[/b]

Same as DJ Sheep.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts