Vincent Gallo Hilarity.... (NRR)

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    1). I think we have a new soulstrut running joke i.e. any mention of Vincent Gallo is guaranteed to result in a 2+ page thread of both hate and admiration

In other words

GALLO = THE NEW SAYER

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

she is nice but that forehead gets me kinda creeped out sometimes

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

she is nice but that forehead gets me kinda creeped out sometimes

she has a head?

she has a head?

you need to look at the picture again after you take your "bathroom break" and then you might notice it

she has a head?

you need to look at the picture again after you take your "bathroom break" and then you might notice it

Not at my computer right now

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

That is by far the finest picture I've ever seen of Christina Ricci.....

...I'll be right back...

.I'll be right back...

Funky16 and I are pretend masturbating at the same time.

that is disturbing to me

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    LOL
    a rack like cooked crack

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    she looks her best in Pecker if you ask me.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm arriving a bit late to this thread, but I'm with the "Gallo is a big, fat douchebag" camp.

He makes racist, sexist and homophobic comments regularly for shock value (which is neither shocking nor funny)and he has made some of the most self-indulgent indie films I've ever seen (he makes Larry Clark look like a cinematic genius). I can't think of one reason to like him.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

.I'll be right back...

that is disturbing to me

Ewwww...me too. Sorry. I was actually pretend reorganizing the CDs on my desk here at work...

.I'll be right back...

that is disturbing to me

Ewwww...me too. Sorry. I was actually pretend reorganizing the CDs on my desk here at work...

Ha! I was pretend working here at work.

I use the Costanza method. I furrow my brow and look annoyed.

.I'll be right back...

that is disturbing to me

Ha! I was pretend working here at work.

I use the Costanza method. I furrow my brow and look annoyed.

HAHAHAHAHA! Now I want to build a bed under my desk...

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I guess we cannot delete posts...lol...

• anyone know if Brown Bunny is floating around the net anywhere for free? Ive wanted to see it for awhile,but couldnt find it for rent anywhere around my way.

• BigNachoBigNacho 47 Posts

I think Gallo is one of the more interesting, opinionated, intentionally provoking and funny celebrities of the past 10 years. BUFFALO 66 is better every time I see it.

hahaha. vincent gallo is a douchebag.

"There's nothing self-gratifying about knowing you've played a performance where people may easily dislike the character and associate it with you. There's nothing fun about having people suspicious about why you're making work. I'm clearly not networking or making a bid for popularity. I'm following another motivation, and it's not as a provocateur. It's because I'm blinded, like an idiot, by wanting to preserve and express an insight that I have, or an aesthetic that I believe in. I forget that people react to me personally as the representative of that. Did you see a credit for hair and makeup? How can I be a narcissist? I've never even had hair and makeup done for me on a film. I don't even know what I look like as I'm filming." - Vincent Gallo on being called a narcissist.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    gallo is dope. who gives a shit if he doesn't credit pa's. everyone knows he is an asshole to work for. duh

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    also on ifilm is a video that vincent gallo shot of paris hilton wearing just undies spinning around on a lazy suzan...music is probably vincent too...you be the judge:

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2661943?htv=12

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm blinded, like an idiot, by wanting to preserve and express an insight that I have, or an aesthetic that I believe in.

Being horny is insightful? Attention-seeking behavior exhibits a specific aesthetic?

good call i'd say. that sound is so dead. but it seems that la will never tire of insightful indy rock guitars for incidental music. even though i like gallo's films i can say that is my only gripe. everybody goes off on him for the stuff i like about him, so i guess i'll go off on him for being a shameless melodramatic indy rocker (musically).

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    good call i'd say. that sound is so dead. but it seems that la will never tire of insightful indy rock guitars for incidental music. even though i like gallo's films i can say that is my only gripe. everybody goes off on him for the stuff i like about him, so i guess i'll go off on him for being a shameless melodramatic indy rocker (musically).

I'd go off on him for the lame music, too, but a 54-second video of Paris Hilton in her underwear spinning on a lazy susan and turning into a plush bunny more than makes up for the too-sensitive guitar strumming. Maybe if DJ Shadow had footage of Bipasha Basu doing pushups on a trampoline for 54 seconds to go along with with his moody loops, I'd like him too.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

really? i thought the musical selection for "brown bunny" featured a lot of diverse selections and was far from exclusively "insightful indy rock guitars". the music was one of the few things i enjoyed about that film.

as for the grafitti rock clip, in what bizarre universe is being a b-boy who hangs out with run dmc & moe dee uncool? gallo has a lot of faults but that clip is not one of them.

i honestly can't recall the music of brown bunny.

but, yeah, he has good musical taste- no doubt. when it comes to him playing music.........doubt.

i like the buffalo 66 soundtrack, king crimson, and that part in the strip bar with yes playing was dope

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Whatever.

I'm just glad I got to see a clip of Run DMC, Special K and Kool Moe Dee.

Shit brightened my day.

Thanks for the post.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    gallo is dope. who gives a shit if he doesn't credit pa's. everyone knows he is an asshole to work for. duh

shit I do. I damn near passed out from heat exhaustion on the set..and I can't even put it on my resume

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    "...I'm following another motivation, and it's not as a provocateur. It's because I'm blinded, like an idiot, by wanting to preserve and express an insight that I have, or an aesthetic that I believe in. I forget that people react to me personally as the representative of that." --V.G.

Right on.

• Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts
    i like the buffalo 66 soundtrack, king crimson, and that part in the strip bar with yes playing was dope