Vincent Gallo Hilarity.... (NRR)

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    yeah, Prince Vince. Thats what Im talkin about.

-k

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    That clip *might* be funny if Gallo had done anything to hide his hiphop past, but much to the contrary, he's always bragged about it. So what I see is a great piece of archival footage that, as a footnote, shows that Gallo was down with the hiphop scene pretty early on. Which, by the way, is a claim that a lot of his detractors can't make.

DISCLAIMER: I think Gallo is one of the more interesting, opinionated, intentionally provoking and funny celebrities of the past 10 years. BUFFALO 66 is better every time I see it.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    That clip *might* be funny if Gallo had done anything to hide his hiphop past, but much to the contrary, he's always bragged about it. So what I see is a great piece of archival footage that, as a footnote, shows that Gallo was down with the hiphop scene pretty early on. Which, by the way, is a claim that a lot of his detractors can't make.

DISCLAIMER: I think Gallo is one of the more interesting, opinionated, intentionally provoking and funny celebrities of the past 10 years. BUFFALO 66 is better every time I see it.

I think Gallo is a jackass, in many ways. Interesting like a car wreck.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I think Gallo is a jackass, in many ways. Interesting like a car wreck.

I think Gallo is an intentional jackass who knows that one proven path to fame is to deliberately make yourself interesting like a car wreck.

Oh yeah, Buck 65 and Vincent Gallo are good buddies.

Vincent Gallo talks about his hip hop past. Yet, makes all kinds of racist statements. I dont care if they are meant to "provoke" people. Grow the fuck up.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    I think Gallo is one of the more interesting, opinionated, intentionally provoking and funny celebrities of the past 10 years. BUFFALO 66 is better every time I see it.

COSIGN. especially the comment about buffalo 66

I think Gallo is an intentional jackass who knows that one proven path to fame is to deliberately make yourself interesting like a car wreck.

This of course begs the question, is the world not already full of accidental jackasses, to the point where the intentional ones are only fucking things up even more???

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I think Gallo is one of the more interesting, opinionated, intentionally provoking and funny celebrities of the past 10 years. BUFFALO 66 is better every time I see it.

COSIGN. especially the comment about buffalo 66

Trouble Everyday and The Brown Bunny were brilliant. Both films are DVD buy's... That goes for Buffalo 66 as well...

The accidental jackasses didn't make BUFFALO 66 though.

I guess what irritates me about that clip is that whoever made that edited version obviously thought they were ZING-ing Mr. Too Cool For School Gallo by outing him as a former American Bandstand b-boy, when Gallo would never deny it. That's stupid enough, but I can't help but think that the video editor probably thought RUN-DMC & Kool Moe Dee were a joke too.

I'd like to see footage of the unknown video editor in 1986 and see how cool THEY were at that time.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts
    The accidental jackasses didn't make BUFFALO 66 though.

I guess what irritates me about that clip is that whoever made that edited version obviously thought they were ZING-ing Mr. Too Cool For School Gallo by outing him as a former American Bandstand b-boy, when Gallo would never deny it. That's stupid enough, but I can't help but think that the video editor probably thought RUN-DMC & Kool Moe Dee were a joke too.

I'd like to see footage of the unknown video editor in 1986 and see how cool THEY were at that time.

I've seen the complete footage before...and someone sent me the "ZING-ified" footage this morning...and I agree with Marco's take wholeheartedly.

I still think Vincent Gallo acts like a childish asshole and his provocations are really corny/hateful/etc.

He and Gavin McInnes are cut from the same cloth and should probably be sewn together into one big hipster poncho

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I still think Vincent Gallo acts like a childish asshole and his provocations are really corny/hateful/etc.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I hate this dude. His movies are overdone and flat out boring.

my 0.02.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

He and Gavin McInnes are cut from the same cloth and should probably be sewn together into one big hipster poncho

They're both far from dumb, acting arrogant is part of their game

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Trouble Everyday and The Brown Bunny were brilliant. Both films are DVD buy's... That goes for Buffalo 66 as well...

I worked on Brown bunny for about a week and found Gallo to be a total asshole. Dude refused to give me a credit on the film. Seeing how terribly it was recieved I guess I should be glad though

I worked on Brown bunny for about a week and found Gallo to be a total asshole. Dude refused to give me a credit on the film. Seeing how terribly it was recieved I guess I should be glad though

Say...Adam...your real name's not "Chloe Sevigny" is it????

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no!

it's my stage name

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

I couldn't agree more.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    funniest gallo quote:

"Williamsburg is like a dorm with no homework"

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    The same gal who shot my thesis film was behind the camera for most of The Brown Bunny (which I have no interest in seeing), and of course Gallo is in front of the camera for most of the movie -- yet somehow Gallo snagged the dop / operator credits. Which goes to show that sometimes a carefully contrived asshole provocateur image is just a cover for the fact that you're really just a fucking asshole.

• I think I saw this video at SonicReducer's crib last year...funny shit! I dig some of Gallo's work.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    What did you do on the film that you were not credited for?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    PA work.

BJ[/b] work.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    it took you a whole week to fluff vincent gallo's boner?

• Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts
    I dig some of Gallo's work.

it took you a whole week to fluff vincent gallo's boner?

Hes not that good, that is why he is still an intern

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Perhaps, but that doesn't cover for how much they both suck.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    1). I think we have a new soulstrut running joke i.e. Guzzo doing "work" with Vincent Fallacio Gallacio

2). Whats-her-face was lookin' mighty healthy in buffalo 66.

• Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts

2). Whats-her-face was lookin' mighty healthy in buffalo 66.