Vincent Gallo Hilarity.... (NRR)

13»

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    gallo is dope. who gives a shit if he doesn't credit pa's. everyone knows he is an asshole to work for. duh

shit I do. I damn near passed out from heat exhaustion on the set..and I can't even put it on my resume

sure you can! like anyone's gonna look that shit up..........

• I like Gallo, specifically Buffalo '66. I may have a soft spot because I have family from near there, but I fuck with that movie. I understand completely why some of you find him objectionable. I don't have to think someone is a good person to enjoy their films.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    really? i thought the musical selection for "brown bunny" featured a lot of diverse selections and was far from exclusively "insightful indy rock guitars". the music was one of the few things i enjoyed about that film.

Does anyone know if the song on the bunny brown soundtrack that was featured in the episode of the twilight zone was ever released on a record?

I liked buffalo 66 quite a bit the second time I watched it, but the first I took it back to the video store halfway through and asked for my money back. I'm not sure what I think of dude. Never seen any of his other movies and he sounds like a dick.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    If I had a choice I'd rather watch a Vincent Gallo movie than a Hugh Grant movie. Uh, unless it was Freeway 2.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If I had a choice I'd rather watch a Vincent Gallo movie than a Hugh Grant movie. Uh, unless it was Freeway 2.

Hugh Grant is in Freeway 2?
    Or Vincent Gallo...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Vincent Gallo. Worst movie ever btw.

You know Hugh "stuttering" Grant is only in romantic comedies with Sandra Bullock and Meg Ryan hommie.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I know, but it was like, as much as I hate Hugh Grant, if he was in Freeway 2 it would make want to see it(?)...Gallo just makes sense, like, "oh yeah, it sucks."

I will say, Buffalo 66 is a dope movie, despite my impression of VG as a man.

Christina Ricci in that tutu for 90 minutes doesn't hurt, and Ben Gazarra rules.

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

Christina Ricci in that tutu for 90 minutes doesn't hurt, and Ben Gazarra rules.

yes!

everybody gets the same

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    i honestly can't recall the music of brown bunny.

but, yeah, he has good musical taste- no doubt. when it comes to him playing music.........doubt.

The Brown Bunny music is pretty dope. The Japanese R2 had a track listing on the back. If anyone wants to know what anything is let me know

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    I don't have to think someone is a good person to enjoy their films.
    bottom line.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    bottom line.

Unless their films are entirely about themselves.

• threetwosixthreetwosix 270 Posts

I will say, Buffalo 66 is a dope movie.

Palookaville is worth checking out as well. Same dark, sardonic humor throughout.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    gallo is dope. who gives a shit if he doesn't credit pa's. everyone knows he is an asshole to work for. duh
    shit I do. I damn near passed out from heat exhaustion on the set..and I can't even put it on my resume
    sure you can! like anyone's gonna look that shit up..........

yeah i second djanna here. i think if you don't get fired from a gallo production, there is something wrong with you.

now:

buffalo 66 fans. if you're hardcore, checkout a film called Wanda. one off jank ass indy movie directed by some ultra cool female (whose name i can't locate now) i think you'll find the plot eerily similar, also the humor, sets, ....everything. and this movie was made in the early 70's, is considered to be like the film equvalent to what we would consider a hot private press record. so of course gallo mined the fuck out of it thinking no one would catch the reference. and no one did!!

graffiti rock: for those who liked the graffiti rock segment and don't like gallo, go fucking rent the graffiti rock dvd. the extras will fuck you up for life. scene with futura painting in a gallery with bboys getting down to a dj cutting doubles of shack up & heaven and hell.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    buffalo 66 fans. if you're hardcore, checkout a film called Wanda. one off jank ass indy movie directed by some ultra cool female (whose name i can't locate now) i think you'll find the plot eerily similar, also the humor, sets, ....everything. and this movie was made in the early 70's, is considered to be like the film equvalent to what we would consider a hot private press record. so of course gallo mined the fuck out of it thinking no one would catch the reference. and no one did!!

is this what you're talking about?
    http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/02/22/wanda.html

But what if I enjoy watching films about BAD people?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    THEN YOU ARE A BAD PERSON TOO KARLITO

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Then Vincent Gallo is the man for you.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

If WANDA appeals to the kind of people who write these kinds of over-annotated articles concerning film...

The process of historical erasure may have started then. The meeting between Wanda and ???serious??? criticism did not happen, at least not in the United States (1). The Critical Index has a single entry on Wanda: an interview with Loden published in the now-defunct Film Journal in the summer of 1971 (Melton, 10-15). In From Reverence to Rape, Molly Haskell mentions Loden briefly, including her in lists of ???American women known to have directed films??? and of ???remarkable women's performances.??? Opposing ???the less complaint zombiism of Barbara Loden in Wanda??? to the ???zombie-like beauty of Dominique Sanda or Candice Bergen??? (Haskell, 18), Haskell adds: ???Then comes Barbara Loden's Wanda to tell us that country bumpkins are no better off than city slickers... [and] just as susceptible of anomie as the big-city heroines??? (Haskell, 366). And when the editors of a feminist anthology invited Andrew Sarris to write a correction to his contemptuous treatment of women in The American Cinema (Sarris, 1968) (2), he only mentioned Loden once (Kay and Peary, 385).

...then I'll stick to BUFFALO 66, thank you very much. Sheesh.

THEN YOU ARE A BAD PERSON TOO KARLITO
    Shit, I was afraid of that.

• I don't have to think someone is a good person to enjoy their films.

Then Vincent Gallo is the man for you.

But in the movie, his character is such a bastard because his parents are mindblowingly awful. I know you're talking mostly about his real life actions, but as you said he is making largely autobiographical works and it should therefore be judged as part of his actual psyche. I like him because he is simultaneously calculating and yet open with his flaws. His calculations have nothing to do with presenting the most palatable possible image of himself, and thats kind of cool.

yes,

BARBARA LODEN. she is the one. thats the name. only film ever i believe.

and marco, don't let a bunch of people wearing dockers tell you about films. listen to me, i don't wear dockers, and i have good taste in films.

if you can get a copy of WANDA i can guarantee a positive experience. buffalo 66 is just sooooooo jacked from that movie it should be a crime. gallo copped all his moves from the mean man in wanda. gallo used christine ricci to be his Wanda.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    if you can get a copy of WANDA i can guarantee a positive experience. buffalo 66 is just sooooooo jacked from that movie it should be a crime. gallo copped all his moves from the mean man in wanda. gallo used christine ricci to be his Wanda.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6396277195&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

i'm holding you personally responsible if this sucks

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hm.

I hope Marco doesn't think Monster Magnet is better than Sir Lord Baltimore just cuz dudes like Julian Cope and Chuck Eddy gush endlessly about them in a way that outsiders could consider 'nerdy'...

and i raise you-

i'll buy that from you if you don't want it. i need it still.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Did I miss something or is noone hitting upon Vincent's chocolate ...

The site seems to be down but here's a blurb from the promo:

"a guided tasting of Vincent Gallo version chocolat
    1. Close your eyes.
    2. Take three deep, deep breaths.
    3. Start from the top. Bite into the crowning tip of the chocolate. Hold the chocolate on your tongue and press it to the top of your mouth. Feel it melt bittersweetly around your tongue. Begin to eat and you will sense a touch of Taleggio and a nuance for vanilla. Flirt with your newfound acquaintance.
    4. Intrigue follows with the 2nd bite, it brings you deeper into the parfums, a heavy and rich texture dotted with toasted walnuts, the aroma steeped with a thousand complexities, yet there is harmony. As the salt hits the palatte it meets the sweetness of chocolate, one constantly begging for the other to be complete.
    5. The 3rd bite is met with clarity. The profusion of flavors wrapped and intertwined come together to make sense. You are submerged deeply in a a moment of 'now.' With this last bite, all you crave is just one more."

I mean ... I like Buffalo 66 as much as the next guy, and I cherish high quality dark chocolate ... but ...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    and i raise you-

i'll buy that from you if you don't want it. i need it still.

yo if i do hold on to it i can burn you a copy. i'm assuming it'll be on some third gen bootleggy shit

• http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4730053832&rd=1

"PRINCE VINCE Gangster Funk RARE RAP 12" VINCENT GALLO
    b/w CHANGES - Original PRIVATE PRESSING Detroit HIP HOP"

I've had that 12 and I'm pretty sure it ain't him - I could've been not listening to it right though.

SONIC