Sarah Silverman Appreciation

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i don't think she's funny.

i wish there were more funny woman comics though. what do you guys think of amy sedaris?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    and she smokes hella bud.

If this is one of your chief criteria for determining whether or not you like somebody, I must say you have rather low standards.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    i wish there were more funny woman comics though. what do you guys think of amy sedaris?

She's funny, maybe funnier than her brother in person.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

i wish there were more funny woman comics though.

not knocking her too hard jaymack just not laughing

ms damn is right though

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    and she smokes hella bud.

If this is one of your chief criteria for determining whether or not you like somebody, I must say you have rather low standards.

okay. im done w/ you.
    hate on, hater.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I think Mel Brooks is the only overtly bigoted humor I appreciate. It doesn't come off to me so smarmy and hollow like Silverman does, and I feel a genuine "pointing out the absurd but sad reality of racism/sexism" undercurrent in his work that just feels like empty shock value in hers.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    what do you guys think of amy sedaris?

Really freaking funny.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    May I also add that I predict little dudes coming out of the woodwork in this thread and confessing their attraction to her?

I'd tap.

May I also add that I predict little dudes coming out of the woodwork in this thread and confessing their attraction to her?

I'd tap.

I'd tap.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i got to catch the pilot of her new show. while i could go without the musical bits, i thought it was very witty. its coming out on comedy central soon.

i thought 'jesus is magic' was mighty healthy too. there's not a lot of comedians who could put out a 90+ mins movie of almost strictly standup, and have it be entertaining. same thing with her annoying musical bits - she needs to cut those from her routine.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    this is good info - people may be seeing her at a stage near you in the very near future regardless of her unfunniness.....

and my jewness won't allow me to say she's not funny.

what do you guys think of amy sedaris?

Really freaking funny.

i think so too. i'd take the team of sedaris/colbert over silverman/kimmel anyday

and since the stipulation seems to be looks, i think sedaris in her youth is way foxier than silverman

jaymack if you like stoner women comics, i saw sedaris bring a squirrel shaped bong on conan that she carved in HS wood shop, ha

• I think its both funny and sad that people here show so much passion in their hate of a comic.

Everything from the simple I don't think she's funny all the way up to calling her a bitch.

projection issues?

I think its both funny and sad that people here show so much passion in their hate of a comic.

what is so unusual about that?

i can't stand this guy and this gal:

(gross)

sometimes comics can be really painfully unfunny to people. it's all a matter of personal taste.

• I think its both funny and sad that people here show so much passion in their hate of a comic.

what is so unusual about that?

i can't stand this guy:

When I worked at a record store in Las Vegas he would come in about once a month buy some CD's and talk it up with all of us behind the counter. As scary as he is in that photo the man is twice as terrifying to look at in person

sometimes comics can be really painfully unfunny to people. it's all a matter of personal taste.

thats cool and all, but referring to her as a bitch is kinda extreme.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Holy schitt, is that really Carrot Top? Dude went all Joe Piscopo.

Side note: What, no underwear that oversized backpack of his? Bleeeagh.

When I worked at a record store in Las Vegas he would come in about once a month buy some CD's and talk it up with all of us behind the counter. As scary as he is in that photo the man is twice as terrifying to look at in person

yeah all of a sudden, he started becoming the clown on steroids. really scary. so what cds did he buy?

Side note: What, no underwear that oversized backpack of his? Bleeeagh.

uggggghhhhhhhhh!!! why did you make me look there?

I think its both funny and sad that people here show so much passion in their hate of a comic.

Everything from the simple I don't think she's funny all the way up to calling her a bitch.

projection issues?

Don your protective gear, everybody.

I sense we are about to be exposed to hazardous levels of ass-hurt.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

(gross) (gross) (gross) (gross) (gross) (gross) (gross)

I used to really hate her and her comedy, but of all my experience doing events and dealing with artist demands she was the most normal and unassuming "celebrity" I've ever encountered. I respect that she has embraced her D-list status for real and it's not just part of her shtick.

...I still don't think she's funny though.

Comedy is so primal, even more so than music. You can explain why music is good and appreciate it even if you don't enjoy it, but comedy either makes you laugh or it doesn't.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Sarah Silverman is not funny or hot.

projection issues?

dude the only ass hurt I'm sensing here is the pain you feel sniping at me might fill.

once again I'm going to ask you to remove your kung fu grip from my sac

PS please don't whine or cry about me "stalking" you when you seem to be pointing your hard on in my direction

projection issues?

Would you shut the fuck up already?

• When I worked at a record store in Las Vegas he would come in about once a month buy some CD's and talk it up with all of us behind the counter. As scary as he is in that photo the man is twice as terrifying to look at in person

yeah all of a sudden, he started becoming the clown on steroids. really scary. so what cds did he buy?

I don't remember what he bought exactly but I do remember being kinda surprised that he wasn't a top 40/ Limp Bizkit fanatic.

Don't hold me to this but I bleieve he was a Jazzanova blazing downtempo sort of guy

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    what the cock is that shit?!?!

that pretty much sums it up.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I think she's hot. A good writer too.

But I found none of those clips to be funny.

she kills it on CrankYankers

projection issues?

dude the only ass hurt I'm sensing here is the pain you feel sniping at me might fill.

once again I'm going to ask you to remove your kung fu grip from my sac

PS please don't whine or cry about me "stalking" you when you seem to be pointing your hard on in my direction

I fear I was overly optimistic in my earlier suggestion to everybody that they simply don protective gear... may have to head into the fallout shelter and batten the hatches for this one.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Can someone help me derive some meaning from this sentence? It almost sounds google translate-esque

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Can someone help me derive some meaning from this sentence? It almost sounds google translate-esque

I call it.

----

• dude the only ass hurt I'm sensing here is the pain you feel sniping at me might fill.

adampedia defines this sentence as a response to the annoyance I get from dealing with this pathetic individual who goes out of his way to throw written jabs at me and then, almost on a dime, flips out and cries when I come back and tell this textbook case of low self-esteem to stop acting like an ass.