Sarah Silverman Appreciation

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    What's the verdict on Rusell Peters???

dude is hilarious. There's a pretty good interview with him in the new-ish issue of Mass Appeal (Clipse Cover).

I love that skit of him walking into a dollar store (BE A MAN!).

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    it'd prob be pretty cool, and funny, to get stoned w/ her.

Cool and funny?

NO.

that would be awesome.

i wish there were more funny woman comics though.

Ellen DeGeneres
    Laura Kightlinger
    Wanda Sykes
    Margaret Cho

um, does Eddie Izzard count?

Ellen= Trash

Laura= Yes

Wanda Sykes= Kind of funny. Her appearances on Crank Yankers where probally the best ones though

Margaret Cho= kind of funny, I used to think she was kinda tap-able BITD

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Don your protective gear, everybody.

I sense we are about to be exposed to hazardous levels of ass-hurt.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Ellen= Trash

Please to esplain. Trash as in unfunny or trash as in not a nice person?

Ellen= Trash

unfunny.

she's almost as bad as Rosie.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Ellen= Trash

Everytime I'm flipping through the channels and see her doing her little opening show dance I throw up a little

I can't even evaluate her as a comedian because I just find her revolting

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Ellen= Trash

Everytime I'm flipping through the channels and see her doing her little opening show dance I throw up a little

I can't even evaluate her as a comedian because I just find her revolting

BF has the same reaction to Ellen! he HATES her.

i feel nothing.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    it'd prob be pretty cool, and funny, to get stoned w/ her.

Cool and funny?

NO.

that would be awesome.

okay. wow.
    now throw another jab. lets make it three. two didnt sink in enough.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Margaret Cho

get OUTTA here with that schitt

serious, please tell me when she was actually considered funny?

If you've never found her to be funny, you may be homophobic.

wait you mean she's GAY? man I never would have known that from her tired schtick. just like I never would have known that she has embarassing parents with thick Korean accents (i.e. all she ever seems to talk about).

cosign, she is no not funny at all, and it has nothing to do with her being gay, i really hope hogg was joking with that comment

silverman is very lame and average when it comes to looks, a lot of the dudes on here remind me of mechanics i worked with when i worked at an auto shop, they were never around women and whenever any female came in the shop the would look like they were gonna bust a nut right there, even if it was a 60 year old with a walker

• a 60 year old with a walker

I'd tap

Margaret Cho

wait you mean she's GAY? man I never would have known that from her tired schtick. just like I never would have known that she has embarassing parents with thick Korean accents (i.e. all she ever seems to talk about).

cosign, she is no not funny at all, and it has nothing to do with her being gay, i really hope hogg was joking with that comment

silverman is very lame and average when it comes to looks, a lot of the dudes on here remind me of mechanics i worked with when i worked at an auto shop, they were never around women and whenever any female came in the shop the would look like they were gonna bust a nut right there, even if it was a 60 year old with a walker

Actually from what I remember when she was on Stern a year or two ago Cho is bi-sexual and has like an open marriage.

Silverman is actually attractive though, i would agree if with the mechanic comment if she was like Paychecks with a wig (no offense, Johnny your very handsome but not "pretty", feel me?)

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    does a Sarah Silverman discussion warrant two pages?

Proof is in the puddin'.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    (no offense, Johnny your very handsome but not "pretty", feel me?)

I know who you go home to at the end of the night, if that's what you mean...

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Ellen= Trash

unfunny.

she's almost as bad as Rosie.

I think Ellen is WAY funnier than Rosie doing standup. I can't compare their respective talk shows because I don't watch them.

Plus I respect the crap Ellen has been through. She tried to keep her private life private, was basically pressured to come out and then was criticized for bringing her sexuality to the forefront. Plus that whole psycho Anne Heche thing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Margaret Cho

Actually from what I remember when she was on Stern a year or two ago Cho is bi-sexual and has like an open marriage.

I don't think her popularity with gay audiences has much to do with her own predilections; it's more that a lot of her routine is about affirming yourself and taking control of your sexuality despite not being the most conventionally attractive person... which has natural appeal to people whose sexuality remains frowned upon in our society.

The problem is that this Hallmark card quality of her work doesn't do much to mitigate the fact that she's not funny.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

I know who you go home to at the end of the night

"I always wanted to do it with David Blaine"[/b]

oh shit, that reminds that two of co-workers said that to me yesterday. they also said I looked like this dude:

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Young Phonics got with Crink's mom?

The mind boggles...

Young Phonics got with Crink's mom?

The mind boggles...

"would it bother you if we met up at the 'W'?"

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I don't even know if Ellen does stand up anymore but she used to be . I remember once in like '94 she guest-hosted Talk Soup and I was on the floor laughing the entire time.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Thank you for justifying the time I wasted reading this thread.

Herm

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    mitch hedburg and todd barry are funny, as is dave attell

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    mitch hedburg was[/b] funny...

• man, some harsh words in this thread. Lighten up people!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    she is funny in moderate doses, but she does rely heavily on the "sensationalist" crutch. When she was on Conan, yeah it was funny in a "oh no she didn't" way. But that was on network tv, it means very little on premium cable where the rules of decency are thrown out the window.

I liked her in "screwed" w/ macondald and chappelle.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts

I didn't think she was funny at all (annoying actually) until my wife made me watch a bit in which she completely rips into Ryan Seacrest.

That shit had me rolling!!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I didn't think she was funny at all (annoying actually) until my wife made me watch a bit in which she completely rips into Ryan Seacrest.

My friend showed me that bit, too. Granted, Seacrest is an easy target, but it was a good bit, particularly considering that it's a true story. She also has a bit about being on Hollywood Squares with Little Richard, Anna Nicole Smith, and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog that's pretty good. But she's still not turning out so well in the funny/annoying ratio.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

My friend showed me that bit, too. Granted, Seacrest is an easy target, but it was a good bit, particularly considering that it's a true story. She also has a bit about being on Hollywood Squares with Little Richard, Anna Nicole Smith, and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog that's pretty good. But she's still not turning out so well in the funny/annoying ratio.

her whole schtick is talking shit about celebrities which seems pretty hackish to me. it's like US Weekly in talking manlady redhead form

when she was on those seinfeld episodes were she rose to fame with her "jerry is the devil" special, it was basically her in real life

mad annoying