Has any rapper...

theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
...ever made back-to-back classic albums?Curious to hear what posters here think.

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    ice cube

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the entire UGK discography.

• Okay, rappers...

& 'Still Dangerous' wasn't all bad...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    oof, im not even gonna get into this thread.

but if people can bitch for 7767679789 pages about me calling the young jeezy album classic. Someone better say something in here.

• oof, im not even gonna get into this thread.

but if people can bitch for 7767679789 pages about me calling the young jeezy album classic[/b]. Someone better say something in here.

Hmmnn...

Okay, i'll say something... only 'cause you asked...

Both Aceys: CO-SIGNED & CERTIFIED CLASSICS...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

and

and stick a classic EP in there just for fun...

oh where have you gone O'Shea Jackson????

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

die. now.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Correct

Incorrect

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here are some:

Cypress Hill:
    -"S/T".
    -"Black Sunday".

MC Lyte:
    -"Lyte as a Rock".
    -"Eyes on This".

A Tribe Called Quest:
    -"Low End Theory".
    -"Midnight Marauders".

O.C.:
    -"Word Life".
    -"Jewels".

Showbiz & AG:
    -"Runaway Slave".
    -"Good Fellas" (severly slept-on).

Quasimoto:
    -"The Unseen".
    -"Further Adventures of Lord Quas".

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh, now Quasimodo has back to back classics huh?

Now Stacks there's some stuff I would dispute in your list but you KNOW "Jewelz" is not even remotely a "classic".

Can I get a Faux_Rillz lyric quote up in this bitch?

Now Stacks there's some stuff I would dispute in your list but you KNOW "Jewelz" is not even remotely a "classic".

Can I get a Faux_Rillz lyric quote up in this bitch?

oh man, that old thread ruined JEWELZ for me for all time. I cant listen to it without cracking up.

certainly wouldnt call it classic either.

Jay-z might have done it if it werent for the blueprint 2.

Dre might have done it if it werent for the aftermath.

Outkast definitely did it.

when it comes to hip hop nowadays, people tend to abuse the term "classic." Shit that came out last year are considered classics now.

This iz gonna turn into the "meaning of classic" thread. Just like the "Legend" debate.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Oh, now Quasimodo has back to back classics huh?

Probably not in hip-hop's past, but in today's landscape I think the innovativeness of those two LPs warrant them classic status. The two LPs pushed the creative envelope a lot more than most releases these days. Perhaps, I went a little overboard on "Jewels", but I thought it was a solid LP (maybe not "classic"). To each his own...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I actually really, really like both Quasimoto LPs. I dunno about "classic"... but they are very dope to me... and consistent.

I actually really, really like both Quasimoto LPs. I dunno about "classic"... but they are very dope to me... and consistent.

Maybe I'm foreshadowing a bit. I think people will view these two LPs with respect in years to come.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Maybe I'm foreshadowing a bit. I think people will view these two LPs with respect in years to come.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I'm not a big UNSEEN fan but I think Further is hot. I'm not sure the "local Black Experience" knows who the Hell he is.

• You obviously missed out 1st time around... Shame!

SO I DOUBLE CO-SIGN MY OWN REC, TRIPLE IT & QUADRUPLE IT AGAIN...
    AND IN ALL CAPS AS WELL.

Do I have to put a real heads icon here. Do I really really have to...?

Maybe this is something I should take heed to, but i swore this was local random rap shit.

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    a few of you are gonna disagree... but these to me are straight up classics:

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Maybe this is something I should take heed to, but i swore this was local random rap shit.

Made noise back in the day north of the 49th in Toronto amongst heads that were in the loop - real recognize real...

Made noise back in the day north of the 49th in Toronto amongst heads that were in the loop - real recognize real...

I need some better examples of this classic status than "Local Canadian Experience."

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I need some better examples of this classic status