Weekend finds

johnny_ruhbarbjohnny_ruhbarb 95 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
I was i kbh, during easter, found this. Bought this from Dress another soulstrutter in kbh, can't remember hes soulstrut name? Found these two in viborg where i live. The 45 is from a danish ragge lable. it's form 87, and kida corny, but also kinda cool. I think it's rare? i have two of i now. tjeck out the mp3 below. eletro reggae? send me an mp3 if you are interested in trading http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=967846CE4E72C738

Comments

• send me an PM ofcause, not an mp3....

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Funny you found this, I just found the Funky Nassau 45 the other day........

• Funny you found this, I just found the Funky Nassau 45 the other day........

It' s a nice track, the drums is ! is part two on it?

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Funny you found this, I just found the Funky Nassau 45 the other day........

It' s a nice track, the drums is ! is part two on it?

Yeah part two is on there, with the nice break!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    a couple of things post-last exam

lp of course (ravi shankar, morning raga)
    on alligator

On the 80's sample tip (dollar bin steez)

• I bought a gospel collection this morning, these are some of the highlights:

Lots of moments as I've been going through these today. I'll be dropping a gospel mix in the next couple days for sure.

Lots of moments as I've been going through these today. I'll be dropping a gospel mix in the next couple days for sure.

are you going to be reselling any of those, I see a couple of long time wants there

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Andrea Vereen is the TRUTH. Funky ass shit.

I have a double if anybody needs.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Andrea Vereen is the TRUTH. Funky ass shit.

I have a double if anybody needs.

some of those Gospel titles on ABC Peacock are mindblowing

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    you are all invited to defend Andrea Vereen against the withering criticisms of Belson and Tenyu on the funk board...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Finally finding some records in PHX:

Eddie Floyd and Burning Spear (not on Wolf) were sealed.

I "found" my dog playing in the freshly-cut lawn. Not

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    wow...i used to have those same issues of thrasher! what years are those?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Check out the note that comes with Jeremie. It's from the dancer on the cover.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    thats fresh

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    wow...i used to have those same issues of thrasher! what years are those?
    Left to Right: March 87; Sept 87; Dec 87; Aug 87; Dec 85.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Label is NM-
    Nice psychedelic soul track, but I'm gonna
    need to mint up.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    is that Crowns of Glory LP any good? I've seen that around before but always passed on it.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    Super dry week...until yesterday and today...and BOOM! Hopefully a sign of good things to come for Sunday's record show...

Slint is OG self released version...Stones in shrink with poster...Radio BIrdman Aussie OG...and yes, I found a Funky Nassau too and clean! Anybody know anything about Sir Walter?...couldn't find any info on this record (even though it's on Capitol).

Top 12" is obscure (to me) rap by The Bug Out Boys outta Englewood, NJ (1985).

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I have that same exact Sir Walter Raleigh LP cover by Dave Dixon??!!/

• is that Crowns of Glory LP any good? I've seen that around before but always passed on it.

I really like it a lot. Really subdued with some nice funky edges. Plus they do a version of Ain't No Sunshine.

I have that same exact Sir Walter Raleigh LP cover by Dave Dixon??!!/

The album cover is so ugly...with the yellow part as its own paste on slick. The label is simply titled "Give 'Em Soul" and credits Teacho Wiltshire on the cover for conducting orchestra and singers...but there is definitely a soul singer singing all these tracks (Sir Walter?)...

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Mother mallard is cool shit. I have their other album, but not that one.

Yeah, it's pretty cool and unlike a lot of things I would normally listen too. I think they have a retrospective CD with both albums on it.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    I bought a gospel collection this morning, these are some of the highlights:

dude, it's been a pretty crazy week in the bay for gospel records. did you get that from that lady in okland, with the bonus "11 R&B records"? and there was that one lot of 350 in hayward. i even walked into my spot yesterday and found about 80 gospel joints from late 70's to 80's, nearly half all sealed and multiple copies. i took them all home.

the amoeba sf gospel section grew a little more, but the christian section had more heat and blessed me with this for a dollar:

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty cool and unlike a lot of things I would normally listen too. I think they have a retrospective CD with both albums on it.

yeah nice one!??? right there, along with the jacques coursil next to it which is great too.

not many records this week:

Moondog - II
    Sheila Chandra - The Struggle (80s new wave/pop with indian stuff going and bizarre vocal percussion. kinda cool)
    Skeleton Crew (Fred Frith project) - Learn to talk (kinda sounds like jandek meets depeche mode?)

no pics, camera out of comission

dude, it's been a pretty crazy week in the bay for gospel records. did you get that from that lady in okland, with the bonus "11 R&B records"? and there was that one lot of 350 in hayward. i even walked into my spot yesterday and found about 80 gospel joints from late 70's to 80's, nearly half all sealed and multiple copies. i took them all home.

the amoeba sf gospel section grew a little more, but the christian section had more heat and blessed me with this for a dollar:

It was from that lady in Oakland with the 11 bonus R&B records. And guess what her street number was? 666, I shit you not.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It was from that lady in Oakland with the 11 bonus R&B records. And guess what her street number was? 666, I shit you not.

"most auspicious"

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts

i scheduled to meet up with that lady but my car broke both front axels. congrats.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Cool stuff for sure but the highlight is the Rhythm Makers 12", I copped one awhile back thinking it was aiight, not quite my bag but certainly of interest. Little did i know it would soon be on it's way to Italy, with my wallet $350 heavier.... those italian disco fools will pay $$$....nice one!