NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Only thing I'm worried about is Kurt Thomas being ready to guard Shaq!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Here's to another amazing season, and the best starting five in basketball.[/b]

• Here's to another amazing season, and the best starting five in basketball.[/b]

Will they all be back? Does Flip return? I imagine it's "yes" and "yes"...just sayin.

Shaq seems determined. The team that comes out of the West better take them boys seriously.

Shaq seems determined. The team that comes out of the West better take them boys seriously.

Agreed, he and Wade are gonna be tough, tough, tough

Will they all be back? Does Flip return? I imagine it's "yes" and "yes"...just sayin.

Of course, it's the bench that's getting cleared.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Props to a great team....would love to know what's been going on in the locker room.....they didn't seem like the same Pistons we've seen over the last 3 years.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I doubt Flip will return. The team seems to have no respect for him.

C...C...Coacch?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I'm just going off of what happened at the end. Perhaps I took Prince driving it to the rim instead of taking the TO that Flip wanted as a bigger sign than it should have been.

What do you think, Drewn?

I'm just going off of what happened at the end. Perhaps I took Prince driving it to the rim instead of taking the TO that Flip wanted as a bigger sign than it should have been.

What do you think, Drewn?

Uhh, did this happen near the end of the game? Because my sattelite went out, and I didn't mind one bit. But I think almost every Piston fan would roll out the red carpet for Joe Dumars to do the Pat Riley and coach next year.

That would be

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Yep -- towards the end.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I believe Shaq is one of the five most dominate players in the history of the NBA.

I would make both the Suns or Mavs big underdogs against the Heat.

I don't see how Shaq can be denied.

I hope I'm wrong.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I believe Shaq is one of the five most dominate players in the history of the NBA.

I would make both the Suns or Mavs big underdogs against the Heat.

I don't see how Shaq can be denied.

I hope I'm wrong.

I think the Mavs definitely have a chance to beat the Heat in a 7 game series. They just need to force the tempo on offense because the Heat will not be able to keep up and make enough stops against Dallas' many offensive options.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts
    I hope I'm wrong.
    So am I. I've always hated that dude...

Go Mavs!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    I hope I'm wrong.
    So am I. I've always hated that dude...

Go Mavs!

Cosign

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

i dont know man, dont be surprised if ben wallace doesnt make it back. he's going to ask for a max deal and at his age i'm not sure the pistons will want to give it to him. they wont let him go for nothing, so if anything it would probably be a sign-and-trade, but don't rule it out. look, if i'm a GM i'm not so sure i'd want to give a 32-year old ben wallace a 5 year deal starting at about $16 million.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i dont know man, dont be surprised if ben wallace doesnt make it back. he's going to ask for a max deal and at his age i'm not sure the pistons will want to give it to him. they wont let him go for nothing, so if anything it would probably be a sign-and-trade, but don't rule it out. look, if i'm a GM i'm not so sure i'd want to give a 32-year old ben wallace a 5 year deal starting at about $16 million.

He's damn sure earned it. They'll just retool the role players. Instant offense of the bench/3point bomber/young slasher. Detroit woul be foolish to dismantle the nucleus.

BUT IN CASE YOU MOFOS NEED A REMINDER..................

THE REGULAR SEASON DOESNT MEAN SHIT
    SAY IT WITH ME BATCHEZ

Here u go DREWN....................0ne whole month!!!!

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

He's damn sure earned it. They'll just retool the role players. Instant offense of the bench/3point bomber/young slasher. Detroit woul be foolish to dismantle the nucleus.

no argument here. it's not the money so much as the duration thats going to be an issue. i'm not predicting anything either, just saying - it's far from a lock that he'll return to detroit at this point. i think they should try to retain him though.

no argument here. it's not the money so much as the duration thats going to be an issue. i'm not predicting anything either, just saying - it's far from a lock that he'll return to detroit at this point. i think they should try to retain him though.

The only thing that would prevent him from stayin is $$$$. Those guys are "tight" unless shit went down behind closed doors that we dont know about.
    The media is gonig to add fuel to the flames, in tryin to speculate if Dumars is going to break this team up, its all bullshit.Panicky/knee jerk reactions wont happen w/ Dumars.

BUT IN CASE YOU MOFOS NEED A REMINDER..................

SAY IT WITH ME BATCHEZ

That is...unless you don't play well enough to make the playoffs.

Avatar in effect...30 days and counting!

I cry.

Go West, go Mavs!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I go back to what i said early on. you hold Phoenix under 100, you give yourself that greater a chance to win. I only watched til halftime. What an effort by Dallas! Dallas/Miami it is. who woulda thought?

• What an effort by Dallas!

Hell yeah, down by 18 at one point.

Nash and the Suns are some gutty fuckers, but they didn't have the horses. 2 straight WCFs is nothing to scoff at, and you know Amare will be back....

BUt it's all about the Mavs baby!!!!! I been tellin y'all for some months about this team. I feel pretty good about this series. Mavs in 6. I don't know who the Heat have that can check Dirk and I look for Josh to be somewhat effective guarding Wade.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    As long as the Mavs push the tempo they will control the series with the Heat. I'd like to see Mourning get a ring because he's gone through so much with his illness, but I don't think it's gonna be this year.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't know who the Heat Mavs have that can check Dirk Shaq and I look for Josh to be somewhat effective impotent guarding Wade.

That's what I like about sports fans... they ignore reality

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Heat in 5?

Heat in 5?

Mavs in 6. This is going to be a great series.

• I don't know who the Heat Mavs have that can check Dirk Shaq and I look for Josh to be somewhat effective impotent guarding Wade.

That's what I like about sports fans... they ignore reality

Mavs have Damp and Diop who I expect to do just fine and you watch what Josh does to Wade. REally, ignore reality? You're gonna eat those fuckin words Paychex....

• I believe teh Mavs have the bodies and the strategy to limit the Heat stars in crucial stretches, just like they were able to shut down Phoenix's offense in crucial stretches. Suns got locked the fuck down and held to 42 points in the second half. Got outscored by 21 at home when it counted the most. Howard made Nash a non-factor until it was too late.

Obviously Shaq and Wade are studs and will be effective. Just not too much so that the Mavs don't win. When it comes to the role players, I'll take the ones the Mavs have...STack, JET, Griff, Quise, Diop, etc..

Should be a good series but I feel pretty confident at the same time.