NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    Monica Lewinski? Dudes are tripping!

Raja is the number 3 ranked 3 point shooter this past season. When he's on the court with Nash, Barbosa, and Diaw, it's .

Folls hate but he puts up tough D and hits the 3's. The bottom line is If the Suns didn't have him or Tim Thomas they would be fishing, since they both hit crucial 3's during the past couple rounds.

Nash deserves 80% of the credit for Raja's 3 pointers, and the other 20% can be credited to his teammates' ability to get out on the break. Opposing teams have to play constant help defense against the Suns because of Nash's ability to penetrate and the other Suns' players (Barbosa, Marion, Diaw) skill in the open court. Raja is consistently left open. He has terrible ballhandling skills and can't get to the rack to save his life. Dude is as replaceable as it gets in the nba. Anyone can hit a wide open 3.

Tim Thomas is another example of how Nash makes losers look like all-stars. Dude is is as lazy as they come and pretty much a joke around the league. All the sudden he gets to Phoenix and puts up great numbers. This is not a coincidence. Nash deserves all the credit.

Bell and Thomas would be collecting their nba pensions right now if not for Nash.

OH SHIT.

the best thing that i've read in this thread so far.

but it's not all that accurate. in phx its ALLLLL about the system and coach d'antoni. nash is great and everything but he happens to be a perfect fit for a system that's been in place for a while now. other guys are a little more interchangeable - quentin richardson looked great in that system last year, james jones as well, raja etc etc etc timmy thomas especially. nash executes the system perfectly, but d'antoni has had a much bigger hand in helping some guys' careers along. he makes masterful adjustments and uses unorthodox lineups that maximize his players' strengths. he's the best at that in the league probably.

raja has been pretty obscure until now but yall are showing your asses if you think people didnt know he could play. he's been solid for a long, long time. jerry sloan loved him, larry brown loved him. dude is a solid player, and he's done been hitting open jumpshots since way before steve nash.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I am sayin

heat are closing out detroit beautifully defensively but have not scored anything..if they lose this one they may live to regret it.
    it was theirs for the taking

5min left

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Heat have numbers on their side. Detroit has to win this game and the following 2 as well to advance. 3 straight victories in the East Conf. Finals' playoffs? Very difficult.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    The Heat have numbers on their side. Detroit has to win this game and the following 2 as well to advance. 3 straight victories in the East Conf. Finals' playoffs? Very difficult.

true

but momentum is key
    although i dont doubt the heat will advance

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

YEAN KNOW?

• YEAN KNOW?

You better get your smack in while you can Drewn.....

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

YEAN KNOW?

You better get your smack in while you can Drewn.....

that play was unbelievable. shaq is a beast, i thought he was gonna cram wallace's arm into the hoop.

• Monica Lewinski? Dudes are tripping!

Raja is the number 3 ranked 3 point shooter this past season. When he's on the court with Nash, Barbosa, and Diaw, it's .

Folls hate but he puts up tough D and hits the 3's. The bottom line is If the Suns didn't have him or Tim Thomas they would be fishing, since they both hit crucial 3's during the past couple rounds.

Tim Thomas is another example of how Nash makes losers look like all-stars. Dude is is as lazy as they come and pretty much a joke around the league. All the sudden he gets to Phoenix and puts up great numbers. This is not a coincidence. Nash deserves all the credit.

Bell and Thomas would be collecting their nba pensions right now if not for Nash.

OH SHIT.

the best thing that i've read in this thread so far.

Tim Thomas is a playoff player. He's a loser, it's true, but he really steps it up during the playoffs. He did the same thing with the bucks, effectively duping the knicks into signing him.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Hi Mike, don't you think that using the term "duping" would give Knicks mgmt. a bit too much credit?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Hi Mike, don't you think that using the term "duping" would give Knicks mgmt. a bit too much credit?

Seriously--Tim Thomas exemplifies many of the traits Isiah appears to actively seek out in players.

• Hi Mike, don't you think that using the term "duping" would give Knicks mgmt. a bit too much credit?

Seriously--Tim Thomas exemplifies many of the traits Isiah appears to actively seek out in players.

Yeah, that's true. Isiah's picked up a few too many guys who play hard one game a week. I was really just saying that TT is a player in the playoffs. What's up, ya'll.

• YEAN KNOW?

Was O'neal serious when he said Wallace fouled him on this monster denial? Shqrap got posterized!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

YEAN KNOW?

Was O'neal serious when he said Wallace fouled him on this monster denial? Shqrap got posterized!

DAMN, I just saw that shit on Youtube. some body contact, which didn't allow Shaq to get much off the ground, but foul or not, WHAT A STOP! LOL I like how he's giving high fives to Rip and Chauncey, while Shaq is on the floor.

Tim Thomas is a playoff player. He's a loser, it's true, but he really steps it up during the playoffs. He did the same thing with the bucks, effectively duping the knicks into signing him.

first off, youre right - he manages to step it up when it counts. that's the story of his career - frustrating lack of desire most of the time; big play occasionally that makes you wonder why he isnt like that more often. but don't forget, it wasn't the knicks who signed him. it was ernie grunfeld in milwaukee, the same guy who brought spree & camby to nyk, arenas to wash, traded kwame brown for caron butler, discovered michael redd, cassell et al to milwaukee - he has a very strong track record. also, the CBA was much different back then, and contracts in general were getting out of control. take a look at some of the other FA signings from the same season:

brian grant
    jalen rose
    mo taylor
    austin croshere
    derek anderson
    eddie jones
    joe smith
    tariq abdul-wahad
    ron mercer

notice anything these guys all have in common? think "albatross" and "contract".

also ... can't really criticize isiah's trade - he got tim thomas and nazr mohammed for keith van horn and michael doleac. based on what those guys have done on their respective teams after the trade i don't think anyone could make a good case for that being an unfair deal. nazr mohammed then became malik rose + two picks, one of which is david lee, the other is coming up this year. nazr has looked very good at times but at this point i wouldn't trade him for david lee straight up. not even close. so yeah, it's easy to make fun of isiah and shit but that wasn't one of his bad moments.

also ... can't really criticize isiah's trade - he got tim thomas and nazr mohammed for keith van horn and michael doleac. based on what those guys have done on their respective teams after the trade i don't think anyone could make a good case for that being an unfair deal. nazr mohammed then became malik rose + two picks, one of which is david lee, the other is coming up this year. nazr has looked very good at times but at this point i wouldn't trade him for david lee straight up. not even close. so yeah, it's easy to make fun of isiah and shit but that wasn't one of his bad moments.

While I'll concede that on paper it's a good deal, it's a bit like trading Freddie Hubbard Red Clay and Deodato Whirlwind for Fats Theus Blackout: when you compare values it's a good deal but you still don't end up with anything you'd play with any frequency.

i dont know man. david lee looked great when larry brown let him play. plus, it looks like there might be some players available at #29 this year. so it's way too early to say. those late picks have been kind of blessed in recent years (j. howard, t. parker, et al).

• Big game tonight. Was game 4 a fluke Mavs performance or are the Suns taking charge?

I expect Dirk to have a big "bounce back" game, but that won't be enough. JET will have to have a big game. The next one he has in this series will be his first.

Can't wait. Let's go ticking clock!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know man. david lee looked great when larry brown let him play. plus, it looks like there might be some players available at #29 this year. so it's way too early to say. those late picks have been kind of blessed in recent years (j. howard, t. parker, et al).

Yeah I was really just speaking on the Van Horn + Doleac for T Thomas + Nazr Muhammad deal...

one look at the Knicks and you can only hope for good draft picks!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    brian grant
    jalen rose
    mo taylor
    austin croshere
    derek anderson
    eddie jones
    joe smith
    tariq abdul-wahad
    ron mercer

see Slam magazine "Where are they now?". I used to like Eddie Jones though...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Can't wait. Let's go ticking clock!!!!!!!!!!

sayong, mayne

• Tim Thomas is a playoff player. He's a loser, it's true, but he really steps it up during the playoffs. He did the same thing with the bucks, effectively duping the knicks into signing him.

OK, I'm the first one to defend Isiah. I actually think he has a good eye for talent, especially in younger guys. I don't blame him for this year. I blame larry brown for this year. It was just a couple of years ago that everyone was saying the knicks were stuck with the squad they had and basically had no trade bait. Well, Isiah totally turned over the squad. They certainly have a lot of talent, and on paper, they should be in the playoffs. They just showed no toughness or heart, both of which a good coach should bring out...but it needs to be on the players too, and they certainly showed no ability to self motivate...ah man, I don't even want to think about it. I want to think about the rediculous playoffs that are going on...

Tim Thomas is the RAEL irritant.

Did anybody else just see Devin Harris fly into the stands trying to save a ball while accidentally popping a lady in the mouth with his hand and tearing open her blouse?

Tim Thomas hitting 3 pts to infinity...

WAVE THE HAND, TIM

LAZY???

Did anybody else just see Devin Harris fly into the stands trying to save a ball while accidentally popping a lady in the mouth with his hand and tearing open her blouse?

A season ticket holder by the name of Rosas they said, she refused treatment and she got right back to watch the game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    "Dirk is soft"

"Dirk is soft"

no doubt, Dirk is tough as nails

this schitt is going to 7, best believe it

and I am by no means a Mavs hatter, I just like the Suns a lil more

GO WEST! (watch out, EAST)

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

agreed