NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• Detroit does not have an answer for him. If he can break down the Detroit defense, he can break down any defense. He's gonna be one of the best players in the league for years to come. The reason why he's so effective is because he's one of the most well-conditioned athletes the league has ever seen at his size. With more experience, he'll naturally get a better sense of the game and hopefully a more consistent mid to long-range game. Miami is creating all kinds of matchup problems, and Detroit's bench is not sufficing. Miami wants this more.

hmmm...i almost have to agree here.

det will win game 5 in detroit, but they will need some SERIOUS SCHITT to pull out game 6 in MIA. really pisses me off...so much talent on detroit...wtf???

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts

Detroit does not have an answer for him. If he can break down the Detroit defense, he can break down any defense. He's gonna be one of the best players in the league for years to come. The reason why he's so effective is because he's one of the most well-conditioned athletes the league has ever seen at his size. With more experience, he'll naturally get a better sense of the game and hopefully a more consistent mid to long-range game. Miami is creating all kinds of matchup problems, and Detroit's bench is not sufficing. Miami wants this more.

He is really fucking Miami up! At one point he had 24 points on 8 shots. All they could do was foul him. Never seen the great Kobe be that efficient. Fuck all those 20 foot turnarounds when you can go to the basket every time down the court.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    okay this is ridiculous. go to NBA.com and they have 60 greatest playoff moments in nba history. they got mawfuggin' "AI shocks LA in finals" and Allan Houston, not to mention all these Jordan clips, but no D-fish, 0.4 seconds????? or Kobe's double OT miracle shots????? fuckin' ridiculous. Talk about LA hate league-wide.[/b]

And to re-iterate, 9 out of the top 20 plays involve the Lakers. And Fisher's shot WAS included. The #1 play in NBA playoff history on the list involves Magic, and the Lakers have 3 other spots in the top 10.

Again, I ask, does your love for the Lakers only relate to Kobe?

i already said that i "jumped the gun", i hope you read that part.

More like you didn't READ anything hardly.

1) Clamed the list was LA hating despite the fact that the #1 play and 3 out of the top 10 and 9 out of the top 20 all involved the Lakers

2) Claimed that the list must have been made by East Coast people despite the fact that the list of people who made the list was on the FIRST PAGE.

3) Said list didn't include Fisher shot despite it being in the #11-20 plays, which leads me to believe that you didn't read past the Top 10.

But what do I know, nothing I post about b-ball is "relevant."

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Maybe the rumors about Detroit not being right in the locker room were true. Neither their defense nor offense is coming through in the post season beginning with the games against the Cavs after such a dominating performance in the regular season. I'm afraid their done.

If the Heat really do get to the Finals does that make Riley a freakin genius or what? I gave them the Eastern Conference Finals spot by default this season, but to get to the Championship didn't seem possible. I didn't like any of the moves he made, but they're finally paying off. Pretty amazing run they're having.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Detroit does not have an answer for him. If he can break down the Detroit defense, he can break down any defense. He's gonna be one of the best players in the league for years to come. The reason why he's so effective is because he's one of the most well-conditioned athletes the league has ever seen at his size. With more experience, he'll naturally get a better sense of the game and hopefully a more consistent mid to long-range game. Miami is creating all kinds of matchup problems, and Detroit's bench is not sufficing. Miami wants this more.

He is really fucking Miami up! At one point he had 24 points on 8 shots. All they could do was foul him. Never seen the great Kobe be that efficient. Fuck all those 20 foot turnarounds when you can go to the basket every time down the court.

true. but kobe's won several championships with that in his arsenal. He also could back down just about any 2 or 3 with ease.

i just had an epiphany! NOBODY in the history of the league gets double or triple-teamed ON THE PERIMETER more consistently than Kobe. It's almost a given that when he gets the ball there's double team coverage. it's unprecedented. D-wade/Lebron have yet to see this problem. That's why Dwyane is so efficient in getting to the rack. SINGLE COVERAGE. From what I remember, the GOD wasn't covered this tightly night in and night out.

(okay back on topic)

Miami is hungrier.

Wade is pretty much unstoppable one-on-one. Shaq is getting good looks. And White Chocolate is facilitating the offense with amazing grace.

could it be their year?

IF Detroit makes a miraculous comeback, we have the emergence of a new dynasty. but it's gonna be really difficult for them.

• i put down money with 8:1 odds last year during the finals based who I thought was hungry enough to win the championship this season. i put $35 on PHX and MIA, so at least i have something else to cheer for if DET doesn't pull out some magical ish for the next 3 games.

and to think i wasn't surprised by their franchise/nba best 64 wins this year...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i put $35 on PHX and MIA, so at least i have something else to cheer for if DET doesn't pull out some magical ish for the next 3 games.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

YEAN KNOW?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

YEAN KNOW?

Fuck that lil' floppin ass dood.

Enjoy it while you can, shit's over in Six.

HATTER.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

HATTER.

Just think of it this way - Dallas without Dirk & Terry is an easy team to beat.

However, when those two wake up out of whatever fog they were in last night, it's a wrap for your Suns.

Detroit I do not think is going to wake up.

HATTER.

Sorry mang. Rough night.

I gots no love for Bell though. His flops are worse than Manu's. At least Manu tries to time his and make them look legit.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

HATTER.

Sorry mang. Rough night.

I gots no love for Bell though. His flops are worse than Manu's. At least Manu tries to time his and make them look legit.

bell is like monica lewinsky, he is only famous because of his association with someone else. dude had 9 points last night and yet is on the front page of espn.com (or at least he was). enough already. he is not a good player and just because the suns beat the lakers, doesnt mean bell got the best of kobe. kobe sonned him all series and bell's only job was to D him up (with the help of double and triple teams). barbosa must be sticking pins in his raja vodoo doll. that guy deserves some shine.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Detroit I do not think is going to wake up.

Yeah, what the fuck is that all about? They were supposed to win it all; instead, they're totally bitching out.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

HATTER.

Sorry mang. Rough night.

[yuichi][/b]bell is like monica lewinsky, he is only famous because of his association with someone else. dude had 9 points last night and yet is on the front page of espn.com (or at least he was). enough already. he is not a good player and just because the suns beat the lakers, doesnt mean bell got the best of kobe. kobe sonned him all series and bell's only job was to D him up (with the help of double and triple teams). barbosa must be sticking pins in his raja vodoo doll. that guy deserves some shine. [/yuichi][/b]

basketball science!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    finals: Phoenix / Miami
    champion: Phoenix (in 6 games)

"Ish don't think so"

pheonix can't stop shaq. wallace is probably the best at guarding him in the nba and you see how that series is going.

to continue with the hating on bell, do u think he has a shot at guarding wade??? he better bring out that clothesline move.

• i put $35 on PHX and MIA, so at least i have something else to cheer for if DET doesn't pull out some magical ish for the next 3 games.

let me clarify...

I would MUCH rather see Detroit win than have that $280 in my pocket.

I made these bets LAST YEAR while Detroit was playing San Antonio in the finals. Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) I recognized the hunger in both the MIA/PHX teams during the playoffs last year and thought it would translate well to this post season, which so far has been true.

I would LOVE for the Pistons to make me lose this money!!! Believe dat!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

This dude was my neighbor for 4+ years in Miami. I remember the day my high school played his...We got took! His sister Tudy use to come out to the hood's court and ball on errbody. Those were the days.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

This dude was my neighbor for 4+ years in Miami. I remember the day my high school played his...We got took! His sister Tudy use to come out to the hood's court and ball on errbody. Those were the days.

I heard something about his dad naming him Raja as some kind of phonetic adaptation of "Roger."

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts

Finals: Dallas/Miami

Miami in seven

And I fucks with Raja mostly cuz I'm a Kobe Hatter

bell is like monica lewinsky, he is only famous because of his association with someone else. dude had 9 points last night and yet is on the front page of espn.com (or at least he was). enough already. he is not a good player and just because the suns beat the lakers, doesnt mean bell got the best of kobe. kobe sonned him all series and bell's only job was to D him up (with the help of double and triple teams). barbosa must be sticking pins in his raja vodoo doll. that guy deserves some shine.

FACT. A+

i approve of this.

where is that "get familiar" graemlin?

Monica Lewinski? Dudes are tripping!

Raja is the number 3 ranked 3 point shooter this past season. When he's on the court with Nash, Barbosa, and Diaw, it's .

Folls hate but he puts up tough D and hits the 3's. The bottom line is If the Suns didn't have him or Tim Thomas they would be fishing, since they both hit crucial 3's during the past couple rounds.

I say Suns v. Heat but a Mavs v. Heat would be fine by me.

Detroit is going home, sorry.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Sun's win/loss ratio with raja in-out of the game says it all

sayin

these series are up and down though like clipp/suns teams exhange getting hot/ cooling off

maybe leading to a crazy game 7

Raja is the number 3 ranked 3 point shooter this past season. When he's on the court with Nash, Barbosa, and Diaw, it's .

Folls hate but he puts up tough D and hits the 3's. The bottom line is If the Suns didn't have him or Tim Thomas they would be fishing, since they both hit crucial 3's during the past couple rounds.

Nash deserves 80% of the credit for Raja's 3 pointers, and the other 20% can be credited to his teammates' ability to get out on the break. Opposing teams have to play constant help defense against the Suns because of Nash's ability to penetrate and the other Suns' players (Barbosa, Marion, Diaw) skill in the open court. Raja is consistently left open. He has terrible ballhandling skills and can't get to the rack to save his life. Dude is as replaceable as it gets in the nba. Anyone can hit a wide open 3.

Tim Thomas is another example of how Nash makes losers look like all-stars. Dude is is as lazy as they come and pretty much a joke around the league. All the sudden he gets to Phoenix and puts up great numbers. This is not a coincidence. Nash deserves all the credit.

Bell and Thomas would be collecting their nba pensions right now if not for Nash.

• Options
    I think your namesake needs to retire.

K in Canada.

Nash deserves 80% of the credit for Raja's 3 pointers, and the other 20% can be credited to his teammates' ability to get out on the break. Opposing teams have to play constant help defense against the Suns because of Nash's ability to penetrate and the other Suns' players (Barbosa, Marion, Diaw) skill in the open court. Raja is consistently left open. He has terrible ballhandling skills and can't get to the rack to save his life. Dude is as replaceable as it gets in the nba. Anyone can hit a wide open 3.

Tim Thomas is another example of how Nash makes losers look like all-stars. Dude is is as lazy as they come and pretty much a joke around the league. All the sudden he gets to Phoenix and puts up great numbers. This is not a coincidence. Nash deserves all the credit.

Bell and Thomas would be collecting their nba pensions right now if not for Nash.

OH SHIT.

the best thing that i've read in this thread so far.

I think your namesake needs to retire.

K in Canada.