remixing the scorpio break...

13»

Comments

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

I say, when something is just ok don't say shit is fire.
    Are you politicians?

Maybe folks felt his shit was fire.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Isn't that the Port Authority break?? I've chopped it before, that's why it is familiar to me...

I decided to upload the beat... wow.. this is an old one (4 years or so) .. back when I did more instrumental hip-hop ECM jazz collage type joints

> check it

I haven't heard this yet, but I can tell you Catalist is one of the most criminally slept on producers on the board.

Bapt, some of those were definitley impressive, and I think this thread is turning into one great big NAGL.

My only gripe with some "eenstrumental heep hawp" is that sometimes people tend to geek out and focus too much on the technical and not on the musical.

Just my .02

Word, word, word!

Catalist!!! wow! Good work.

-

I totally agree with this Day.

What I say is the drums editing that Ako did is just ok, I don't hear anything spectacular, you know.
    (I mean, I can hear it and nothing is spectacular)

So what about those posts? I don't get it.

And, is it me or O-d*b even started making a review...

LOL, naahh!!

Ako, I'd like to hear more of your stuff, man, really.

Now

Let's talk about something else.

Peace.

Bapt.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    scorpio 2 sounds dope!!!

fucking with a drumbreak, heres a little thing i did a few years back:

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31FQMIKQCWX1N2HA379UVW7YH4

oh shit, i like this a lot!!! whats that break?!

Isn't that the Port Authority break?? I've chopped it before, that's why it is familiar to me...

sorry dawg, its not port authority, im not really very familiar with their records, what break were you refering to?

and can i just drop a little something right here...

xcuse me fellas:

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KMJ96KJ07OB12OZVFHJF6PNMH

FULL ON BEAT THREAD!!!!!!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    So you and bapt remixed the Scorpio break 10 years ago and couldn't make it fire?

BAN

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    haha, bapt i see what you are saying. who knows, if you made this same post with your take on it, people might have said the same thing? then would you be complaining? haha

i'll have to check more of what people are posting tomorrow...so fucking exhausted, thanks for the kind words..im definitely looking forward to doing an entire re-edit...maybe

peace outttttt

• So you and bapt remixed the Scorpio break 10 years ago and couldn't make it fire?

BAN
    Make Scorpio FIRE or you're soft.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I haven't heard this yet, but I can tell you Catalist is one of the most criminally slept on producers on the board.

Yeah, Catalist I'm still bumping that "Crazy" song you posted with the Lady Day sample. Heads are listening

Anyway, I hear what Bapt is saying. One of the good things about having these beat threads is getting some feedback from people whose taste/insight/opinion/skills you feel carry a certain weight. I guess there's nothing wrong with just writing "this is fire" or "this is crap", but I find it more interesting and less automated when people elaborate on it a little more.

And it helps you evolve as an artist. I like to be kept on my toes. If I'm playing something for a group of people and everybody except one is going "nice" and the last guy is saying "meeh, it sounds a little stiff" or "that guitar is off-key" or "you're biting Dilla", you can be sure he's the only one I'll be listening to. That doesn't mean I'll take everything he says to heart, 'cause in the end you gotta do what you gotta do, but his opinion is the only one that actually might help me make my music better.

• scorpio 2 sounds dope!!!

fucking with a drumbreak, heres a little thing i did a few years back:

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31FQMIKQCWX1N2HA379UVW7YH4

oh shit, i like this a lot!!! whats that break?!

I decided to upload the beat... wow.. this is an old one (4 years or so) .. back when I did more instrumental hip-hop ECM jazz collage type joints

> check it

This is heat

As far as the initial post goes it was a good chop but utlimately its just a chopped break. Id have to agree that the various 'fire' comments ect. were a little overboard.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

Yeah, Catalist I'm still bumping that "Crazy" song you posted with the Lady Day sample. Heads are listening

dope! glad you liked it...

it is coming out on 12" soon.... (in may on PR Records vol. 5)

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

dope! glad you liked it...

it is coming out on 12" soon.... (in may on PR Records vol. 5)

i was just about to ask, both those tracks were cool! will wait in line for that 12"

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i'm feeling saucey this morning, here's one i did with (G)riot (fam tree) for a local denver cat named Ichiban.

So Hot - GB & (G)riot

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    haha, bapt i see what you are saying. who knows, if you made this same post with your take on it, people might have said the same thing? then would you be complaining? haha

i'll have to check more of what people are posting tomorrow...so fucking exhausted, thanks for the kind words..im definitely looking forward to doing an entire re-edit...maybe

peace outttttt

AaaHH!!!

Let's be clear about two things:

1_ I don't need feedback, comments... on my music, except when it comes from real heads, real heads ya see?
    2_ I'm not complaining at all!!!! We're on a message boards, most of what you read is just unconstructive. I tried to be "real", I mean, to tell the truth... you can see where we are now.

But I don't know, maybe I'll post a beat or two, just to see how people react to the sound.

Later