Options

Weekday Finds

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Dub/instrumental keeper.

Ah, don't see this in too many collections. Believe it or not, a double.

K in Canada.

The jackets are insane! K, are we gonna live it up when I'm back in TO?

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

digs from last friday.
    the black cover is soft machine 5, contains a track called drop which is awesome!

chef, hvis du l??ser det her, jeg rammer dig med min 5'er uden cover n??ste gang vi ses.
    peace.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    A lot of the TMQ releases were runs in the 10 - 15,000 if i'm not mistaken.

you dont say?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

THIS ONE IS BLOWING MY MIND...ABSOLUTELY NASTY LATIN FUNK FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE...I NEED MORE OF THIS IN MY LIFE

its a Mexican band, and thats their 2nd LP. First one is Self titled and also killer

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

What's the record in the top-middle?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just this yesterday, finally a clean-ass copy on vinyl

for all you fans of sweet/modern/clubby soul, this is essential shit. Best buy in a long time.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

for all you fans of sweet/modern/clubby soul, this is essential shit. Best buy in a long time.

C****, does your copy play without any static in the background? Mine is completely clean cosmetically, but there's a thick hum all the way through. Maybe it's a pressing defect?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It is dumb hard to find clean copies of pretty much ANY Blue Magic LP...

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

C****, does your copy play without any static in the background? Mine is completely clean cosmetically, but there's a thick hum all the way through. Maybe it's a pressing defect?

Sounded fine last night, but I will give it a louder listen this evening.
    I have had this LP for years, but until yesterday every copy I found looked like someone had served chips and dip off it! "Look Me Up" is my song!

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    A lot of the TMQ releases were runs in the 10 - 15,000 if i'm not mistaken.

you dont say?

i'll try to take a look when i get home for talk of the Zeppelin stuff, but for the most part those guys were pressing and taking them to select stores in Cali and swap meets, etc. Depending on the year, it could very well be a small run because it took sometime to get them moving outside of cali and harcore collectors.

i'll do my best to come with some cold hard facts tomorrow.

http://www.bobsboots.com/boots/TMQ_label.html

Check out this link. That pig is the original TMQ stamp. The logo changed a few times and the one with the cigar (like on that Zep LP) was either one of theirs after they changed the stamps or a knock off by one of TMQs competitors (i forget the name, but someone spoofed TMQ because they wanted to make them look like cash hungry fat cats.)

peace

• Options

Dub/instrumental keeper.

Ah, don't see this in too many collections. Believe it or not, a double.

K in Canada.

The jackets are insane! K, are we gonna live it up when I'm back in TO?

Yeah man. When are you back? Bring me a Donair.

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    "Bird In Hand" =

• Options
    Beats for days. Still trying to decipher what he's saying in this.

K.

Beats for days. Still trying to decipher what he's saying in this.

K.

It is apparently directly quoted from an Indian/Bolly flick. I used to think it was Amharic! I believe the melody is based on a song from the film... can't recall if there was a thread about this or not, but I think I did read it in the notes to that 3-CD set that came out a few years back.

• Options
    I was thinking it as Amharic as well. Thanks for the tip.

K.

I was thinking it as Amharic as well. Thanks for the tip.

K.

I'll have to look at "People Funny Boy" tonight when I get home and see if it's mentioned in there.

Seriously, not first Perry song I heard but the first one that absolutely blew my wig back. That first minute or so of the track sounds like nothing else I've ever heard, before or since.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

THIS ONE IS BLOWING MY MIND...ABSOLUTELY NASTY LATIN FUNK FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE...I NEED MORE OF THIS IN MY LIFE

its a Mexican band, and thats their 2nd LP. First one is Self titled and also killer

from memory, that looks like the same photo from the gatefold of the sangre caliente lp. they used the same photo for both albums? never heard the second.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

What's the record in the top-middle?

The woman screaming? I've got that... it's a so-so gospel/Xian record with a break in it somewhere if I remember rightly.

Return of Super Ape: I have "Super Ape", and my friend has "Return..", but I'm sure his cover looks more coloured-in - like "Super Ape's" cover? Am I right on this or just forgetful?

Recent scores include

Julian Covey "Sweet Bacon" 45
    Mighty Joe Drake "GOMLW" 45 (thanx Belson - about 4 years back on the strut you mentioned this, finanlly found one. Up-tempo, psyche-hammond, big brass-section - no break though! but great tune, similar to "Sweet Bacon")
    Some ill proggy LP that I've forgotten the name of and I'll post up when I remember it, great listener all the way through
    King Crimson "Earthbound" LP

• Options
    Yeah, I got that when I first heard Hudson's stuff as well. Mind-expanding material fo sure.

K.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Found some more today:

Absolute mosnter of a roots LP. Speaker flex supreme.

K in Canada.

is this ? I copped one from a webstore for $10 a couple days ago.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Finally got my Senor Soul in the mail
    (in a DHL box?!) and managed to score
    a Two-Headed Freap at lunch today:

With the Senor Soul it's all about the back cover:

Same spot as the Ronnie Foster had some nice 45's:

NICE Al Green cover on this one - I'm pretty sure the
    band is Sly & Robbie...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

band is Sly & Robbie...

skin flesh and bones is usually Sly Dunbar w/ Ranchie McLean on bass... (i am a huge fan of Ranchie's singing!)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Guess which "Worst Record Store Evar" I got that at for $1?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Guess which "Worst Record Store Evar" I got that at for $1?

hmmm, Ch**p*'s? oddly(or not) , the records i have on that label are soul covers as well...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

initially i read "cheap suit" as "cheap slut"

• Options

band is Sly & Robbie...

skin flesh and bones is usually Sly Dunbar w/ Ranchie McLean on bass... (i am a huge fan of Ranchie's singing!)

YEah, it was Al Brown's band, thus his releases (and label if I'm not minstaken).

Couple more

K in Canada.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I dunno exactly what you're talking about with the script talk between you two, but Amharic is Ethiopian script, Devngari is Indian script. Tons of Indians in Jamaica, yet, the love of Ras Tafari and Ethiopia is strong. If I'm being a tard, just let me know.

Weekday finds: I got Salt of the Earth, Electro raer 12" by Byron Davis, Delegation I, and Willie Hutch-Full Exposure. I'm surprised Stay Fly samples that shiz.

Peace
    T.N.

Me being wack is like naps on Kojak.

• Options
    It's a track off Return of the SUper Ape we're talking about. Listen for yourself

Bird in the Hand - Upsetters

K.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts