Fav Children Wreckids?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited November 2015 in Record Collecting
PLAYGROUNDS - Children of ZOOM tv show.This iz my shit. Rep yours.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Zoom was my shit. Also, based on shit that I actually LISTENED[/b] to when I was a mere yoot...

... and all them Sesame Street jawns.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The album doesnt have the Lil' Micheal and Roberta Flack song, that was on the Tv special. I went the Televsion Museum in midtown and saw it for the first time since it was on in the 70's.

I remember the tv show, how iz that album?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

PLAYGROUNDS - Children of ZOOM tv show.

This iz my shit.

Rep yours.
    whats the music like on this?
    i always see it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I remember the tv show, how iz that album?

I don't have the album but I had it as a kid and remember it being great. I'm coming from some "shit I remember enjoying as a kid" perspective though, so I couldn't really tell you how DOPE it is, but the minute I find it I'll cop. There's a alot of dope kids records though. Tony Tripledouble is the dude on this topic.

PLAYGROUNDS - Children of ZOOM tv show.

This iz my shit.

Rep yours.
    whats the music like on this?

i always see it.

The Pig Latin song has a crazy [cough].........dare i say it............................

break. Ok I said it.

I don't have the album but I had it as a kid and remember it being great. I'm coming from some "shit I remember enjoying as a kid" perspective though, so I couldn't really tell you how DOPE it is, but the minute I find it I'll cop. There's a alot of dope kids records though. Tony Tripledouble is the dude on this topic.

I listen to these joints now.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I listen to these joints now.

So do I, and so will my kids.

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts
    There's a record from France called Let's All Dance with Super Friends with all the DC characters on the cover. There are very creepy short narrations on it but also a dope cover of Action Speaks Louder Than Words. There's also a track called Superfly but it has nothing to do with Curtis' Superfly. It is funk though with chics chanting "Superfly!". Overall a solid synth funk record for a kiddie album.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Major co-sizzle.

They used to just show the film to us like every few months for
    years when I was in grade school. I loved this shit, and used to
    play the album at home all the time.

It's this record that mad me the bleeding heart liberal I am today

I always loved that chick getting ate up by tigers

ladies first! ladies first!

...and so she was

Don't even get me started on Rosie Grier and "It's alright to cry,
    crying takes the huuuurt out of you..."

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ...ayo and when the babies look down and see which
    one has a P and which one has a V --- shit was hilarious!

"hey! look at that! I guess I am a boy!"
    "...and I'm a girl!"

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    any and all charlie brown/peanuts, particularly the OGs like this:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

(b??rn is children in danish)

• HamHam 872 Posts
    people from sweden know the deal....james & karin - barnl??tar
    used to listen to this when i was little

There's a record from France called Let's All Dance with Super Friends with all the DC characters on the cover.

SCHWING!!!!!!!!!!!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

i still wanna hear this.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts

yeah, i was gonna mention those raymond scott "sounds for baby" records as well... pretty ahead of the times as far as ambient stuff goes.

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts

I was at a thrift shop in VA couple months back and came up on a stack of 78 rpm colored vinyl joints- all about 6 inches in diameter. must have been made in the 40s or 50s.My favorite is the Noah's ark record - (My name happens to be Noah..) It starts off like- with suspenseful strings ala 40s radio shows

" Once upon a time, long, long ago the world was full of wicked people who were always quarreling--- all except for one man named Noah, one night the window of heaven opened and God said to him..."

(obviously the moment to drop in whatever he gotsta say)

the serendipity of digging is oh so cosmic

• Listen to "SPOOKY" here...
    http://green.uploadspider.com/file/2632/

• generiquegenerique 625 Posts

I was at a thrift shop in VA couple months back and came up on a stack of 78 rpm colored vinyl joints- all about 6 inches in diameter. must have been made in the 40s or 50s.My favorite is the Noah's ark record - (My name happens to be Noah..) It starts off like- with suspenseful strings ala 40s radio shows

" Once upon a time, long, long ago the world was full of wicked people who were always quarreling--- all except for one man named Noah, one night the window of heaven opened and God said to him..."

(obviously the moment to drop in whatever he gotsta say)

the serendipity of digging is oh so cosmic

That sounds great. I have a record that starts something like "A long, long time ago, when men knew nothing..." Record is called The Story of Fire. Full of spoken word samples to be used.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Post your Kimbo braeks or you're soft!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Co-Sign

My dad turned me onto this story early on. I loved listening to it over and over when I was a kid.

Me and my Arrow.

That deserves another turn its been a long time.

yeah, i was gonna mention those raymond scott "sounds for baby" records as well... pretty ahead of the times as far as ambient stuff goes.

produced by sonny lester.
    crazy record, late 60s electronic music for babies, this is vol. 2, music for babies between 6- 12 months of age...(vol 1 is for babies between 1- 6 months and vol 3 is between 12 to 18 months). i wonder if people back then actually seriously bought these lps for their babies?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    This was a recent find and although a one-tracker, it's really killing me. Recording of a juniour high play with one love ballad.

I posted it on waxidermy. And you can also listen.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I got this album which I couldn't find a pic of. Here's the cd

Weird record. Bruce and Ester recorded Dance Sing and Listen on an $8.00 microphone in Bruce's apartment. They named themselves after the dimension for the imagination that Rod Serling mentioned each week in his introduction to The Twilight Zone. Dimension 5 records "used an amazing pie-up of synthesizers, tape editing, electronic manipulation, and most importantly treated kids as young adults instead of simpletons." - Jim O'Rourke
    I'm suprised this was even re-released on cd.

people from sweden know the deal....james & karin - barnl??tar
    used to listen to this when i was little

couple years ago snaps (recordstore in copenhagen) had a swedish childrens lp with a HEAVYass hiphop style drumbreak for sale... i didnt buy it and havent seen it since

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    the one with the family on the cover? i'll see if ican post that tonight. nice break

metric man is more than just a novelty record...various good moments on there.
    multiplication rock is the real king shit though

sittercize is that hot kimbo magic

favorite melody house? swing into fitness has so many things, although they are all similar. drill routines is pretty thorough

ultrasound label has a bunch of good things. they even released two dope mix cds in the last five years.

i like that zoom boxset too. igpayatinlay and funky mcdonald

bobby and betty go to the moon is some weird james brown ripoff

bang on a drum is a real real real dope song IMO id like to have doubles so i can take out the mcgillicudy verse and have him say "bash up the beat" several more times. the piano rolls are dope

most overrted is ollie the octopus. not worth the $30 - $40 it goes for. weaksauce

i'll check the files later

oh yeah! what the fuck is it called...the shit with Mr.S!!!!!! whoop whoop heat alert!!!!!

yo upskiboo, pm me if you want to trade kids records. i havent been looking for them in a bit, but im always into it.

oh yea, that doll baby 45....twinny or something. dont have it but its nice