DUNGEN - ta det lungt :LATE PASS

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

btw I have this sleep bootleg of them playing at gilman in 1992...shit is CRAZY

yea, it is.

yea.

• how come folks don't like vanilla fudge?

I dunno, I like all those bands you listed to varying degrees. Dead Meadow get kinda same-y after their first album tho. Comets on Fire is that schitt and y'all need to see them live. On some Blue Cheer "holy fuck" type steez.

Only heard "Levitation" by White Heaven, but it's good. Nice Cippolina-isms.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    well here you guys can here this ta det lugnt thing for yourselves

download

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    how come folks don't like vanilla fudge?

was also wondering this, id take vanilla fudge over dungen any day of the week. but then again, i havent checked this ta det lungt album yet. i really cant get with acoustic guitar shit at all, and im swedish so i understand all the lyrics, and what can i say.. not that impressed.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts

SexyBNyce photo raer

Soulstrut class '06 photo?

i'm the dude with the shit beard and the sox hat.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    you have to be on crack to think vanilla fudge were anything but shit...

and a red snapper

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    you're talking OM right?

no the ta det turd thing

if that album is a turd to you, then I dont know what to say...stay away from rock music, it aint for you...top shelf psych rock/pop...

OM is PROOF that Matt Pike wasnt the essential ingredient in Sleep...sleep is ALL about the bass player(I bet dude came up with the riffs). High On Fire is good and all, but Matt's ham fisted guitar playing gets *yawn* after awhile....

cosign.. sleep was all about the rhythm section

you have to be on crack to think vanilla fudge were anything but shit...

and a red snapper

!!!

i'm not sure what the red snapper part means, but i think vanilla fudge are great.

this performance is one of the reasons why.

red snapper

the most famous groupie incident of all time, usually missattribuited to led zeppelin.

vanilla fudge were just flashy, pompous and ugly.. if they'd have put as much effort into actually writting songs as they did on their hand gestures and drum stick twirling MAYBE they could have been more than a one hit wonder rock history footnote.

red snapper

the most famous groupie incident of all time, usually missattribuited to led zeppelin.

vanilla fudge were just flashy, pompous and ugly.. if they'd have put as much effort into actually writting songs as they did on their hand gestures and drum stick twirling MAYBE they could have been more than a one hit wonder rock history footnote.

wow - you really HATE them!

• I love this damn record.

Has anyone heard that vinyl only EP that he released recently????
    White label with a plain black die-cut sleeve? I have been staring at a copy in a store for a month but I want to know if it holds a candle to the album and if I should pick it up.

The E.P. is worth grabing. super nice instrumental flute, guitar, and drum cut. mad heat! don't sleep.

hahaha

HATE is a bit of strong word ... i just don't rank them as anything other than a flash in the pan ala Iron Butterfly

• I love dungen, white haven and also the major stars, they kick ass:

http://myspace.com/themajorstars

they're probably the only band in the world to put The St Thomas Pepper Smelter as their main influence...

flash in the pan ala Iron Butterfly

lol - another band i really like!

• I prefer the Wooden Stars records over The Major Stars, Mazzy Star or The Stars.

I prefer the Wooden Stars records over The Major Stars, Mazzy Star or The Stars.

how about Stars of the Lid?

nice one six dos, ottawa dork rockers in effect

bassie you've got your sabbath / zep / trex / hawkwind game on lock right?

personally i try and keep my stacks lean and mean so all those C- also ran, one song classic rock records are not welcome in my stacks

but then again ive got like 10 robyn hitchcock records so maybe i shouldn't comment

• you have to be on crack to think vanilla fudge were anything but shit...

and a red snapper

!!!

i'm not sure what the red snapper part means, but i think vanilla fudge are great.

this performance is one of the reasons why.

Its too bad, Vanilla Fudge doesn't come off that passionate on record.

But, back to crucial.

bassie you've got your sabbath / zep / trex / hawkwind game on lock right?

the heady combination of living/hanging in scarborough and buying hash off rockers - i think it was inevitable

sorry to say i cannot cosign on the Melvins

what's the clip?

it's not working for me...

• what's the clip?

it's not working for me...

Melvins '84 live (not in concert).

This is completely unrelated. Just flossing my Youtube playlists.

If it weren't for crack, I'd be addicted to Youtube.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    hahaha

HATE is a bit of strong word ... i just don't rank them as anything other than a flash in the pan ala Iron Butterfly

damn we really have different taste.. i lurbs ball. but i love pretty much any groups with heavy organs that dont have any acoustic guitar wankery. you into any organ based rock at all? just curious!

• you into any organ based rock at all?

Can I get a Bloodrock "Whiskey Vengence"? From 3.

Hellbound organ bloodlust!!

• PerPer 18 Posts
    Post deleted by Per

oh yea - is it true Dungen's lyrics are about unicorns and cave wizards and stuff like that?

• Yall don't wanna start another Scarborough hash buyers throwback thread! Me and K. already sonned y'all the last time!

So yeah, I listened to this again today.
    People are 'zurpin if they think this sucks.
    OM is dope.
    Black Mountain murders the modern Stonerrock vibe.

.end of transmission.

Ps: Toronto fools... anyone got a little frequent DJ night? I will be coming to town much more often and would like some spots to guest. I can play anything from 90's hiphop nights to "fuck me, this is some weird shit with drums" or just live PAs on the "heady beets" tip.

Yall don't wanna start another Scarborough hash buyers throwback thread! Me and K. already sonned y'all the last time!

Ps: Toronto fools... anyone got a little frequent DJ night? I will be coming to town much more often and would like some spots to guest. I can play anything from 90's hiphop nights to "fuck me, this is some weird shit with drums" or just live PAs on the "heady beets" tip.

when are you talking? i have a monthly (but it's kind of a strict format - check the announcments and another starting in July, same kinda sounds) - PM me details and if you think you can play the parameters.

mb

dos.. wish i could help, actually moving to dartmouth in the next 2 weeks.. so no gigs in t-dot.

mcdee- organ groups? i cant think of any that i dig, I mean i like some jackie mittoo type steeze but organ as the lead in rock bands always equals CRAP.. like sax in rock.. see the doors, iron butterfly, vanilla etc etc.

small faces were good but much more mod / r&b.. maybe the Band but they never relied solely on hammond.

not a fan of the hammond / organ ... its good for back ground textures and bits here and there but for the most part it just sounds dated and old timey

now accoustic guitar.. thats another story, how can you diss the accoustic guitar for petes sake??