dare I say ... WEEKEND FINDS???

Comments

• this thread makes me ass-hurt.

i'm starting to feel that the bay is dead for records.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    this thread makes me ass-hurt.

i'm starting to feel that the bay is dead for records.

Romance Jinx and Ommie for the good stuff...

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Lots of interesting local/private stuff. The Music Inc is for trade or sale.

Check waxidermy.com, when I have some time I'll be posting some of these (bananas, Pitch & Spice, When I Met You, and some others).

Here is a clip of the Pitch and Spice. It's a Bible Colledge from St. Albert, Alberta. This song is just really awesome.

Pitch & Spice - Hallelujiah

All of that, and more, in weather that looked like:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Went to the saturday spot where I always manage to find something.

The Zombies looks unplayed. Great record! Sonny Simmions & Max Roach=Solid. I'm really digging the Little Boys Blue & Mitch Ryder Lp. Clean up the streets and stock up on coke.

Picked these up from a local "collectro". The S/T is latin jazz w/ a killer version of "Sunny" & the og tune "invento no.4" Jazz Bata is more on the afro jazz side of things. The track "Irakere" is

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    wow, i'd be pissing my pants if i found that many rares at once.

I've always wondered how that cover with the butterfly sounds like. is it free jazz?

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts
    I check this site at least once a day...sometimes I feel guilty not posting very often but I must admit I'm mostly interested in seeing what you people are turning up...love these finds (and rare record) threads! Proof positive that nothing's "drying up" if you're out there looking. Some good ones for me this week:

What's the record on the top right?

and how is it that Paul Wagner? If you dont' mind.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    top right is ugly casanova
    indie rock raer!

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    top right is ugly casanova
    indie rock raer!

Ugly Casanova is Modest Mouse dude and others...from a few years ago.

Paul Wagner is early/mid 70's gay folk/songwriter from NY. Pretty damn good throughout imo...pretty deep stuff without any cheese. Nice one.

I've always wondered how that cover with the butterfly sounds like. is it free jazz?

It's decent latin jazz w/ the 1st cut on each being the standout IMO. Most of it is pretty snoozy.

• Options

Picked these up from a local "collectro". The S/T is latin jazz w/ a killer version of "Sunny" & the og tune "invento no.4" Jazz Bata is more on the afro jazz side of things. The track "Irakere" is

Somebody needs to comp this man's work double CD-style. Great records, R#*!*@#.

K.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

overton berry is a dupe, della humphrey- don't make the good girls go bad, goddamn I love that song, altyrone deno brown 45 on bandit

yellow payges is nice pop psychish stuff on Uni, michael chapman record is killer

joel andrews- violet flame, nice mellow harp album, so chill (thanx drew!) daniel hecht- guitar, one of my holy grails, great Fahey esque acoustic niceness, first time I've seen it on ebay in the past year too

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    don't make the good girls go bad, goddamn I love that song,

seconded

seconded

a great example of why I love music...

you know if she has an album out? or just 45's right?

• don't make the good girls go bad, goddamn I love that song,

seconded

I think just 45s. One of the best soul 45's you can get for $10 in my opinion. It's funny, I just picked up that Michael Chapman LP the other day too.

I decided to skip the KUSF show today (three record shows last week was enough for me) and I'm so glad I did because I pulled a clean Bob Azzam at the flea market this morning for $3.

seconded

I think just 45s. One of the best soul 45's you can get for $10 in my opinion. It's funny, I just picked up that Michael Chapman LP the other day too.

I decided to skip the KUSF show today (three record shows last week was enough for me) and I'm so glad I did because I pulled a clean Bob Azzam at the flea market this morning for $3.

Nice one on the bob azzam. you like that michael chapman man? i think it's great. I also skipped the local record show today, no more records for me for a month now , hungover and heartbroken J

seconded

As far as I know she had 4 45's.
    -good girls 45 (artic) she was only 12 years old!
    -Girls Have Feelings 45 (artic)
    -Let's Wait Until Dark 45

Her last one was this on Dreamland (miami label)anyone heard this one? King Sporty & Steve Alaimo get production credits.

I'm waiting for k to tease me w/ a lo-fi real audio file...

I pulled a clean Bob Azzam at the flea market this morning for $3.

Art's milk truck?

• Options

seconded

As far as I know she had 4 45's.
    -good girls 45 (artic) she was only 12 years old!
    -Girls Have Feelings 45 (artic)
    -Let's Wait Until Dark 45

Her last one was this on Dreamland (miami label)anyone heard this one? King Sporty & Steve Alaimo get production credits.

I'm waiting for k to tease me w/ a lo-fi real audio file...

I think Sporty released that in Jamaica as well (on a Konduko blank). I'm positive that what it is (though I've never placed the female singer's name until now - only knew that it was Sporty's stuff).

K.

• queequegqueequeg 65 Posts
    Came up on a few 45s lately:

Joni Adams on Zodiac flea market, Hidden Cost on Marmaduke yard sale, Indentities/Identies on House of Fox show

Kai Winding on Verve show (been after), Timothy Wilson on Blue Rock estate 45 lot, Peggy March on RCA same estate

Johnny Ventura on Kubaney (great boogaloo 2-sider) show, Jackie Opel on MGM show, Ricardo Ray on Alegre show

Hendrix on Reprise (kind of rare) estate, Escape Machine on Wayne local garage flea market, Thee Avantis on Samron local garage estate

• I pulled a clean Bob Azzam at the flea market this morning for $3.

Art's milk truck?

Ha ha, no. The milk truck has been pretty dry for the last couple months, at least for me.

Art's milk truck?

Ha ha, no. The milk truck has been pretty dry for the last couple months, at least for me.

I haven't been out there in so long I don't know who's selling anymore. Last time I was at Ashby it was just Art and that Rockabilly looking dude with the station wagon.

• Nice one on the bob azzam. you like that michael chapman man? i think it's great. I also skipped the local record show today, no more records for me for a month now , hungover and heartbroken J

Sorry about the heartbreak man.
    I actually haven't had time to give the Chapman a proper listen yet. I have his first album though which is pretty sweet.

• I pulled a clean Bob Azzam at the flea market this morning for $3.

Art's milk truck?

I haven't been out there in so long I don't know who's selling anymore. Last time I was at Ashby it was just Art and that Rockabilly looking dude with the station wagon.

Yeah, Rockabilly dude I don't even fuck with. It's usually the one-off folks who bring the real heat to that place.

Art's milk truck?

Yeah, Rockabilly dude I don't even fuck with. It's usually the one-off folks who bring the real heat to that place.

Definitely... I have caught some alright heat from rockabilly dude before though. nothing huge. condition is an issue.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Art's milk truck?

Definitely... I have caught some alright heat from rockabilly dude before though. nothing huge. condition is an issue.

is laney still poppin?

• I've actually had a rough time at Laney. I think I get there too late sometimes. As opposed to Ashby where it actually helps to go a little later. I know a couple guys who pull stuff at Laney from time to time. Really though, the Coliseum is what's up. You used to live in the bay, 3x2?

Really though, the Coliseum is what's up.

really? I was under the impression the dealers there were "tainted"... never really pulled much there.

• Really though, the Coliseum is what's up.

really? I was under the impression the dealers there were "tainted"... never really pulled much there.

Uh, yeah, actually I don't know what I was saying. No good records at the Coliseum. All you East Bay cats move along now.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    bought 25 singles this weekend, knocking some things off the want list:

picked up a few 70s soul titles, including:

& a couple latin 45s as well, including:

• its so tough here...its been a while since i really have had a major score
    jacks has been the best to me over the years
    tommy stewart $1
    nick ayoub library lp $1
    harlem river drive $10
    many many good librarys, conroy, parry, omni music, golden ring, etc.. $1
    best of band x $1
    refelctions in the sea of nurnen $ 100, but i flipped it for $300
    these days have come to pass

pipeline was the shit tho...

I'm curious about that Best of Band X album. Is that actually a compilation of earlier albums of theirs or was that their only album up to that point?

i dont know of any earlier lps...thinking it was the best songs they had at that point, could be wrong tho.