Letters to things and people

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    dearest hoggy hogg,

Young Cas and I have taken the plunge and we got engaged yesterday!

I want to get married somewhere in the Presidio and I know you guys are doing at the Log Cabin, can you gimme some info and advice?

love,
    Anna

HELL YEAH!

Congratulations, guys!!! I say you get married on matching zonkeys!

Herm

P.S. Will Cas be wearing the veil?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    OH SHIT A ZONKEY!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    dearest hoggy hogg,

Young Cas and I have taken the plunge and we got engaged yesterday!

I want to get married somewhere in the Presidio and I know you guys are doing at the Log Cabin, can you gimme some info and advice?

love,
    Anna

CONGATULATIONS!!!!! that's awesome, I couln't be happier for you guys.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    To me, Milwaukee is that bad. The city loses population and jobs significantly every single year. The manufacturing sector that ruled here is pretty much dead, and the populace is unprepared for more highly skilled technical work. In addition, the state's brightest members leave the state and go elsewhere, hence the term "brain drain" used to describe the decreased human capital that results from this process. To add on to this, the poor education that the masses receive from public schools here leads to disenfranchisement and crime. I'm sure these elements are really attractive to companies considering re-locating to this region (yeah, right!). These conditions will surely land Milwaukee in the fate of Youngstown, Gary, Detroit, and other dead manufacturing cities with undereducated citizens. The "skilled" folks will eventually jump ship and leave the place, which actually already occurs annually.

I'd love to know where all these brains are going, because every single city in the midwest and northeast suffers from "brain drain" (or pull the "woe is me") Florida is loaded with senior citizens who are senile anyway and I actually haven't heard anything out of the ordinary about people moving west. So where are they going? Cleveland paper = brain drain, Akron paper = brain drain, Detroit paper = brain drain... all I can figure is that most of the brains are in India to begin with.

As far as the scale of insulting cities

least
    Chicago
    -
    Atlanta
    -
    New Orleans
    -
    St.Louis
    -
    Oakland
    -
    Washington DC
    -
    Cleveland
    -
    Detroit
    -
    Baghdad
    -
    Youngstown / Gary / E. St L.
    most

Hey Graf,

Actually, the highest level of job growth is occurring in the southeastern and southwestern United States. It appears that these "brains" are opting for areas with pleasant climates where jobs are available. Opportunity is simply less plentiful in the Midwest (which is one of the many reasons why I hate it), so the people that remain are less skilled and mobile (employment wise) with obvious implications for new job growth, service quality, etc. This probably underlies the large out-migration of those that migrate to Milwaukee. The talented do not stay here very long, at least as far as I've seen (i.e., I can't speak for all organizations in the city, obviously).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    Dear Anna,

Next time you try and send Hoggy a private PM, you may want to double check your shit. Dumbass.

thanks for the love, y'all.

-Anna

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Dearest M. Latency,

There is no excuse for missing the $1 T&J LP at 7 a.m. That shit is worth more than $50 on the eGhey. You are so dumb for that. On the other hand, buying rackords from that picky, wife-commanding lawyer prick who was playing a conga like a madman at his house was a good move and going to TJ to buy LPs was also a good move. Getting a headache waiting in border traffic to get back to SD was not. Getting Phil's BBQ for dinner was a very good move. Getting overweight is not.

Dearest Rackords I haven't touched or seen yet,

Don't worry, I will find you and make you mine or trade/sales fodder.

Dearest Rackords in my sell stacks,

Don't worry, I will get to you SOON, I promise.

Dearest "records,"

Who the hell are you?

Dearest Aleit,

You are truly that dood. Good catching up with you! May your newly acquired LPs be not-so-warped and in good shape for me to buy !

• tomtom 36 Posts
    Dear hogginthefogg

For reasons that aren???t clear, 'whilst' has survived in British English but has died out in the US. However, in Britain it is considered to be a more formal and literary word than its counterpart.

Tom.

Dear el sparko,

Take that shit to www.vinylvulture.co.uk, son!

Herm

Dear Herm

my name is Tom

yours sincerley, Tom

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Dear hogginthefogg

For reasons that aren???t clear, 'whilst' has survived in British English but has died out in the US. However, in Britain it is considered to be a more formal and literary word than its counterpart.

Tom.

Dear el sparko,

Take that shit to www.vinylvulture.co.uk, son!

Herm

Dear Herm

my name is Tom

yours sincerley, Tom

Dear Tom,

El Sparko (spanish for "The Sparko") originally said "whilst." That was directed towards him.

Twee twee tweedy twee,

Herm

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    [color:white] I love when jokes need to be explained [/color]

• tomtom 36 Posts
    Dear Hotsauce84

you've not quite understood the concept of the quote button have you...

English Tea.

Thomas

• tomtom 36 Posts

[color:white]i love your wacky soulstrut forum humour lol lol lol [/color]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

[color:white]i love your wacky soulstrut forum humour lol lol lol [/color]

You guys need to be clever assholes like faux or chemically imbalanced like Guzzo. Right now you guys just look like little girls.

• tomtom 36 Posts
    Dear Grafwritah

Tom.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    SHUT IT, MOUTH!

Dear Grafwritah

Tom.

Nahh, you need something witty.

• tomtom 36 Posts
    i'll be back tommorow to try again for sure...

you guys,,

• Bsides_Bsides_ 22 Posts
    To whom it may concern:

Please ban tom and el sparko now for non-compliance.

p.s. you could be next.

• tomtom 36 Posts

http://my63andme.homestead.com/files/MacarthurPark.wav

yeahh, random meaningless image +[/b] audio....

i'm getting the hang of this.

Gee, I didn't need further proof that your presence serves no utility. Send in the next applicant now!

• tomtom 36 Posts
    Gee, I didn't need further proof that your presence serves no utility. Send in the next applicant now!

i've totally blew it have'nt i..

No no no, it's not random at all. See, the images represent something in the message or a feeling the author is trying to convey. Like this:

commence banning in...

*banned*

Okay, tom and el sparko are banned now. Yes, it can happen that easy, kids...don't let it happen to you.

• tomtom 36 Posts
    except i'm still here.

• tomtom 36 Posts

No no no, it's not random at all. See, the images represent something in the message or a feeling the author is trying to convey. Like this:

but i thought it was all about originality and not tacky college humour....no?

Huh? I run you.

• tomtom 36 Posts
    anyway..are you the real Bsides or just some weirdo?

See, this is where international differences come into play. Like all those BCC comedies they play over here on PBS. You're sitting there, they say something that sounds completely benign, the laugh track kicks in, and you're sitting there like, "What the fuck?"

It's kinda the same thing in this situation. If you're waiting for subtle humor that's... not funny... well, I don't think you'll find it here.

There's plenty of non-subtle humor that's not funny, though.

silly, what are you doing over there in the corner?

• tomtom 36 Posts

See, this is where international differences come into play. Like all those BCC comedies they play over here on PBS. You're sitting there, they say something that sounds completely benign, the laugh track kicks in, and you're sitting there like, "What the fuck?"

It's kinda the same thing in this situation. If you're waiting for subtle humor that's... not funny... well, I don't think you'll find it here.

There's plenty of non-subtle humor that's not funny, though.

i wanna be you.

i wanna be you.

I get that a lot. I will send you an autographed headshot for $30 though.

Oh and I meant BBC.