does Kelefa Sanneh have issues?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Read the thread from the beginning and the natural progression of the discussion should be pretty easy to grasp.

Are you aware that many chasidic groups don't even recognize the right of Israel to exist?

welcome to creamsoda's mindgarden: where reggae reviews devolve into Israel/Taliban/money-laundering discussions "naturally."

dude there was nothing "natural" about the way you started dissing Hassidim out of nowhere. YOU go back and read the thread. you started making insulting generalizations and now you've chimed in with another cute anecdoe about your girlfriend being attacked that we're all very excited to read about.

that may seem "natural" to you but you're the only one on a thread of like 20 people who has been saying this shit. the rest of us were trying to have a civilized conversation but were forced to respond to your garbage. unfortunately urrs has chimed in on this too when he should have known better than to be lured into your little poptart trap.

and for the record Satmars aren't Lubavitchers. now leave the thread/site and do your homework.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    an ass protector

tee hee!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    And for the record, Zvi is 100% on point with his assesment.

But some of you might not agree, so be it.

Cosmo, taking a thread dealing with a review of an artist and his show and having it somehow lead to words about Jews inbreeding seems a little strange doesn't it?

I can understand why Rootless is mad, hell I'm kinda upset at it too, that statement had nothing to do with the review or Kalefa's views. Just really in bad taste

Oh, I'm sorry did I fail to adhere to Robert's Rules of Order? This is a message board you anorexic hump. Conversations start out one place and they end up in a very different place. Read the thread from the beginning and the natural progression of the discussion should be pretty easy to grasp. I stand by every word I said in this thread and have the empirical and/or first-hand knowledge to prove it. Another fun fact about these freaks: my fiancee, who I have known my whole life, lived off of Ocean Parkway from about 1982 to 1990. When my family would drive to see her family on Saturdays, the Satmars would sometimes throw rocks at our car, because they were outraged that we would drive on the sabbath. Sorry folls, but the chasidim are not that different from the Taliban (yeah, I said it, I must be self-hating despite my religious upbring, ability to read and speak Hebrew, jewish name, etc.) they are awful to women, they are ignorant, some (but not all, just so you peabrains are clear) are deep into money laundering and the ecstacy trade, and the way they view anyone who doesn't share their beliefs is nothing short of bigotry. For the record Girlzo and Cluelesspoptart, chasidim don't even consider reform, conservative, or even modern orthodox jews to be jewish, we are "goyim" like all the rest. But please keep being knee-jerk defenders of the jewish people, and please keep equating a small fringe sect with a much larger culture. Are you aware that many chasidic groups don't even recognize the right of Israel to exist? Can no one say anything bad about anyone jewish? Would you have even posted this article of Matisblahblah wasn't a Jew?

This had nothing to do with the "progression" of this thread, this was all about you and your own personal issues with that culture.

"The music of Matisyahu? Yeah well let me tell you about this sect here who ran me over with a truck" (and I can't imagine why anyone would want to run over someone as charming, and genuine as you).

Personally I think this entire thread is a bad look, there is enough anti-semitism on this board and a thread like this only gives those who have spouted out shit against Jews a sense of justification.

I'm out of here, those who speak ass first can continue to do so knowing I won't interfere anymore.

• Read the thread from the beginning and the natural progression of the discussion should be pretty easy to grasp.

Are you aware that many chasidic groups don't even recognize the right of Israel to exist?

welcome to creamsoda's mindgarden: where reggae reviews devolve into Israel/Taliban/money-laundering discussions "naturally."

dude there was nothing "natural" about the way you started dissing Hassidim out of nowhere. YOU go back and read the thread. you started making insulting generalizations and now you've chimed in with another cute anecdoe about your girlfriend being attacked that we're all very excited to read about.

that may seem "natural" to you but you're the only one on a thread of like 20 people who has been saying this shit. the rest of us were trying to have a civilized conversation but were forced to respond to your garbage. unfortunately urrs has chimed in on this too when he should have known better than to be lured into your little poptart trap.

and for the record Satmars aren't Lubavitchers. now leave the thread/site and do your homework.

You're really fucking stupid man. I can't argue with someone as stupid as you. You have done nothing to refute my points and have completely ignored the fact that other people have supported my assertions. Obviously I know that Lubavitchers and Satmars are not the same you douche, that's why I made the distinction. I knwo a thousand people like you man, cats that cannot bear to hear even the slightest criticism of jews, oh it pains them so! Their poor asses! On the subject of who is incapable of being civilized hommie, you're the one that called me "Goebbels", or can your little pea brain not remember that far back? Now, please go read Introduction to Tax Law or something and shut the fuck up.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    there is enough anti-semitism on this board

c'mon now holmes

• there is enough anti-semitism on this board

c'mon now holmes
    granted i'm not on here that often, but yeah, i was about to say...

Read the thread from the beginning and the natural progression of the discussion should be pretty easy to grasp.

You're really fucking stupid man. I can't argue with someone as stupid as you. You have done nothing to refute my points and have completely ignored the fact that other people have supported my assertions. Obviously I know that Lubavitchers and Satmars are not the same you douche, that's why I made the distinction. I knwo a thousand people like you man, cats that cannot bear to hear even the slightest criticism of jews, oh it pains them so! Their poor asses! On the subject of who is incapable of being civilized hommie, you're the one that called me "Goebbels", or can your little pea brain not remember that far back? Now, please go read Introduction to Tax Law or something and shut the fuck up.

actually what really pains me is hearing Jews as dumb as you. seriously.

• And for the record, Zvi is 100% on point with his assesment.

But some of you might not agree, so be it.

Cosmo, taking a thread dealing with a review of an artist and his show and having it somehow lead to words about Jews inbreeding seems a little strange doesn't it?

I can understand why Rootless is mad, hell I'm kinda upset at it too, that statement had nothing to do with the review or Kalefa's views. Just really in bad taste

Oh, I'm sorry did I fail to adhere to Robert's Rules of Order? This is a message board you anorexic hump. Conversations start out one place and they end up in a very different place. Read the thread from the beginning and the natural progression of the discussion should be pretty easy to grasp. I stand by every word I said in this thread and have the empirical and/or first-hand knowledge to prove it. Another fun fact about these freaks: my fiancee, who I have known my whole life, lived off of Ocean Parkway from about 1982 to 1990. When my family would drive to see her family on Saturdays, the Satmars would sometimes throw rocks at our car, because they were outraged that we would drive on the sabbath. Sorry folls, but the chasidim are not that different from the Taliban (yeah, I said it, I must be self-hating despite my religious upbring, ability to read and speak Hebrew, jewish name, etc.) they are awful to women, they are ignorant, some (but not all, just so you peabrains are clear) are deep into money laundering and the ecstacy trade, and the way they view anyone who doesn't share their beliefs is nothing short of bigotry. For the record Girlzo and Cluelesspoptart, chasidim don't even consider reform, conservative, or even modern orthodox jews to be jewish, we are "goyim" like all the rest. But please keep being knee-jerk defenders of the jewish people, and please keep equating a small fringe sect with a much larger culture. Are you aware that many chasidic groups don't even recognize the right of Israel to exist? Can no one say anything bad about anyone jewish? Would you have even posted this article of Matisblahblah wasn't a Jew?

blah, blah, blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,

All 6742 of your posts look like this to me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This shit has turned into hilarity.

Hi Zvi!

Hi Ms. Bassie. Did you get the package?

Hi Ayres. I'll call you in a few.

Hi everyone else. I'm in Oakland right now. Hi!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This shit has turned into hilarity.

Hi Zvi!

no!

what's the hell?

I'm in Oakland right now.

doors open mayne ?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    there is enough anti-semitism on this board

c'mon now holmes
    granted i'm not on here that often, but yeah, i was about to say...

Do I really need to go deeper into this?

We've had dudes like theCrates blame Jews for the issues of the world (He was eventually banned)

Strawman has talked a mean line about the Jews as well (been banned several times)

Flunk posted some Jewish stereotypical drawing on here

HarveyCanal has PM'd me about how Jews didn't really suffer through the holocaust and how we were actually co-conspiritors.

the list goes on and on, it probably didn't hit others the way it hit me but its there. If you choose not to see it thats on you, but don't deny that its out there

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm in Oakland right now.

doors open mayne ?

Nah, just the stunner shades on.

• Read the thread from the beginning and the natural progression of the discussion should be pretty easy to grasp.

actually what really pains me is hearing Jews as dumb as you. seriously.

Yup I must be pretty stupid if I don't share your opinions. Clearly that's how life works. This is so fucking boring now dude please shut up already. You started this thread to provoke an argument and when it didn't turn in a direction you were comfortable with, you start flinging shit and calling me a nazi. I pity anyone who winds up with you as their attorney, your reading skills and ability to form a reasoned argument are nil. I'm done.

• This shit has turned into hilarity.

Hi Zvi!

Hi [email]C@smo![/email]

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Rootlesscosmo I agree with Zvi and disagree with you. So does Cosmo Baker. I haven't been lured into anything. Go get a sandwich and take a time out. You're obviously too upset to talk rationally about this.

Cool.

I take no position on the inner workings of the Lubavitchers. I've met some I liked and many I didn't. Satmars I've never met one I liked.

My only point was that there was no place for blanket insults about an entire community in a thread about a reggae review.

Peace.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I'm sorry but whatever of actual fact and thought that Zvi may have said is immediately erased by his namecalling and constant talk about his dick.

You do this everytime you show up here. What are you, in 3rd grade?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

terd grade

• I'm sorry but whatever of actual fact and thought that Zvi may have said is immediately erased by his namecalling and constant talk about his dick.

It's really not my fault that soulstrut is the official internet capitol of talking shit about things you know nothing about. Please feel free to ban me if I offended your delicate sensibilities... this site is a bad habit anyway. However, doing so will in no way negate the fact that your brother is a moron. Ban away. Please, I beg of you.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    no, I would never ban you, that's not my steelo.
    yes, you are being a dick to my brother, but he can handle himself.

All I'm saying is you entered the thread with some actual points that made sense and now you are resorting to your usual persona. Ho-hum.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rootlesscosmo I agree with Zvi and disagree with you.

Perhaps hearing goyim as "dumb" as you also really pains him.

you are being a dick to my brother

oh shit !

thats your brother ? am i late?..... or is this some "my brother" slang shit.

i swear this place is like a goddamn soap opera sometimes

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    I'm sorry but whatever of actual fact and thought that Zvi may have said is immediately erased by his namecalling and constant talk about his dick.

It's really not my fault that soulstrut is the official internet capitol of talking shit about things you know nothing about. Please feel free to ban me if I offended your delicate sensibilities... this site is a bad habit anyway. However, doing so will in no way negate the fact that your brother is a moron. Ban away. Please, I beg of you.

the bottom line is that you responded to this thread, not because you had an opinion on what was being discussed or wanted to say something even remotely related to the author's point in his article, but because you had an agenda and wanted to say something controversial, probably just for effect and not because you even give a shit about matisyahu or hassidim or the article (the subject of this thread!).

cheers that you feel superior for having some personal knowlege on hassidic people in ny. go back to making arguments that are offensive, senseless and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

oh shit !

How does you're brother know how to speak french?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

the bottom line is that you responded to this thread, not because you had an opinion on what was being discussed or wanted to say something even remotely related to the author's point in his article, but because you had an agenda and wanted to say something controversial, probably just for effect and not because you even give a shit about matisyahu or hassidim or the article (the subject of this thread!).

cheers that you feel superior for having some personal knowlege on hassidic people in ny. go back to making arguments that are offensive, senseless and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand.

drbrownscelary's first post:

This dude is what's known as a b'al tshuvah, essentially someone who comes into the religious fold later on in life. They are often the most zealous practioners of their religion, because they are "filled with religious fervor" (read: insecure about their place in the community or making up for whatever deficit in their lives lead them to convert to begin with). I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this, but the Lubavitchers are basically a destructive insular cult of personality, based around their so-called messiah Menachem Schneirson. I think the actual[/b] unspoken issue here is the support that this tool receives from Chabad (the social arm of the sect) because they see him as a great ad for their fringe beliefs: doud is a phishead from a toney suburb who got all geeked about the mystical aspects of chasidic judaism and these cats figure that he can open the floodgates to thousands of similarly-situated schmucks.
    Beyond that man, I don't see anything remotely wrongheaded about Sanneh's article. He's simply pointing out (quite accurately) a phenomenon that might be unknown and interesting to Times readers. Besides Matisyahu sucks and his whole appeal is based on his freakshow status: stoned jam-band creeps are all like "dude he's part of an exotic spirtual group and he's got like a long beard and stuff". The music is laughable at best, but beyond that there's nothing[/b] more comical than a lubavitcher appropriating West Indian culture or trying to make comparisons between being a rasta and a chasid, because these dudes have the most[/b] contentious relationship with their West Indian neighbors that you ever seen. Why get up in arms because Kalefah pointed out the hypocrisy and absurdity of the situation? Seems like great journalism to me.

oh shit !

How does you're brother know how to speak french?

notre famille habitait la cote francaise de San Francisco!

non mais serieux j'ai passe pas mal de temps en France et Montreal.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

This dude is what's known as a b'al tshuvah, essentially someone who comes into the religious fold later on in life. They are often the most zealous practioners of their religion, because they are "filled with religious fervor" (read: insecure about their place in the community or making up for whatever deficit in their lives lead them to convert to begin with). I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this, but the Lubavitchers are basically a destructive insular cult of personality, based around their so-called messiah Menachem Schneirson. I think the actual[/b] unspoken issue here is the support that this tool receives from Chabad (the social arm of the sect) because they see him as a great ad for their fringe beliefs: doud is a phishead from a toney suburb who got all geeked about the mystical aspects of chasidic judaism and these cats figure that he can open the floodgates to thousands of similarly-situated schmucks.
    Beyond that man, I don't see anything remotely wrongheaded about Sanneh's article. He's simply pointing out (quite accurately) a phenomenon that might be unknown and interesting to Times readers. Besides Matisyahu sucks and his whole appeal is based on his freakshow status: stoned jam-band creeps are all like "dude he's part of an exotic spirtual group and he's got like a long beard and stuff". The music is laughable at best, but beyond that there's nothing[/b] more comical than a lubavitcher appropriating West Indian culture or trying to make comparisons between being a rasta and a chasid, because these dudes have the most[/b] contentious relationship with their West Indian neighbors that you ever seen. Why get up in arms because Kalefah pointed out the hypocrisy and absurdity of the situation? Seems like great journalism to me.

is this considered antisemetic? it makes complete sense to me. for any religion.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    je pensais reconnaitre le style quebecois de francais mais je n'osais pas.

bonne chance pour le reste du debat

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Beyond that man, I don't see anything remotely wrongheaded about Sanneh's article. He's simply pointing out (quite accurately) a phenomenon that might be unknown and interesting to Times readers. Besides Matisyahu sucks and his whole appeal is based on his freakshow status: stoned jam-band creeps are all like "dude he's part of an exotic spirtual group and he's got like a long beard and stuff". The music is laughable at best, but beyond that there's nothing[/b] more comical than a lubavitcher appropriating West Indian culture or trying to make comparisons between being a rasta and a chasid, because these dudes have the most[/b]
    contentious relationship with their West Indian neighbors that you ever seen. Why get up in arms because Kalefah pointed out the hypocrisy and absurdity of the situation? Seems like great journalism to me.

thanks. now go through this post and please explain how what he wrote was a response to the arguments made in kaleefa's article. make sure to reference the lubavitchers appropriating west indain culture and matisyahu speaking on the comparisons beetween rastas and hassids. finish up by articulating how kaleefa dealt with the hassidic are religious zealots. i know that was one of kaleefa's strongest points.