does Kelefa Sanneh have issues?

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    reminds of the Jackie mason line' I was speeding down the highway and this cop gives me a ticket, the anti-semite.'

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    there is enough anti-semitism on this board

c'mon now holmes
    granted i'm not on here that often, but yeah, i was about to say...

Do I really need to go deeper into this?

We've had dudes like theCrates blame Jews for the issues of the world (He was eventually banned)

Strawman has talked a mean line about the Jews as well (been banned several times)

Flunk posted some Jewish stereotypical drawing on here

HarveyCanal has PM'd me about how Jews didn't really suffer through the holocaust and how we were actually co-conspiritors.

the list goes on and on, it probably didn't hit others the way it hit me but its there. If you choose not to see it thats on you, but don't deny that its out there

Guzzo, does the fact that about half the handful of bans we've ever had here were the *immediate* result of an antisemitic comment not give you the idea that this site is not as insensitive as you imply?

Two of Guzzo's four examples resulted in immediate bannings and a third didn't even take place on the board but occurred in a private message... doesn't really sound like an environment of raging antisemitism to me.

First you have Faux Rillz taking Rootless' quote out of
    context, which is understandble, I guess, because he's a lawyer & he
    manipulates words to his own end on the daily.

Grow up--tell your friend to save his critique for somebody that has actually engaged with this thread.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    His heavy-handed lyrics...delivered in a slightly Jamaican-inflected accent[/b]

I have seen footage of this guy and found this to be the worst part of it all.

That shit annoys me like you wouldn't believe. It's so fucking ridiculous, but it's like a plague. I saw some (fairly popular) local reggae DJs one time, and they would not shut the fuck up for longer than maybe 30 seconds...constantly on the mic screaming in that horrible faux-patois. It's beyond absurd. I mean, when drum & bass Mcs use that stupid-ass fake British accent, it's kind of funny in how stupid it is. But this fake patois? Fucking dumb.

• Did you guys watch Crash? I think Kelefa should watch it and reread his own article.
    just...terrible

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    The problem is that the story seem to imply that his music is shitty because he's Hasidic.

Did you guys watch Crash? I think Kelefa should watch it and reread his own article.

Get these motherfuckers ON BLAST.

There's some douds on this board with reading comprehension issues. We are no longer talking about "differences of opinion" I am talking about being a "dumb motherfucker."

Even worse are those calling out "reverse racism." Y'all sad cause a black writer don't like this cute little white world?

• His heavy-handed lyrics...delivered in a slightly Jamaican-inflected accent[/b]

That shit annoys me like you wouldn't believe. It's so fucking ridiculous, but it's like a plague. I saw some (fairly popular) local reggae DJs one time[/b], and they would not shut the fuck up for longer than maybe 30 seconds...constantly on the mic screaming in that horrible faux-patois. It's beyond absurd. I mean, when drum & bass Mcs use that stupid-ass fake British accent, it's kind of funny in how stupid it is. But this fake patois? Fucking dumb.

Don't start none--this was not me.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Did you guys watch Crash? I think Kelefa should watch it and reread his own article.

I have to admit that I don't know what this means...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

That shit annoys me like you wouldn't believe. It's so fucking ridiculous, but it's like a plague. I saw some (fairly popular) local reggae DJs one time[/b], and they would not shut the fuck up for longer than maybe 30 seconds...constantly on the mic screaming in that horrible faux-patois. It's beyond absurd. I mean, when drum & bass Mcs use that stupid-ass fake British accent, it's kind of funny in how stupid it is. But this fake patois? Fucking dumb.

Whoops, I actually meant to put this disclaimer in the post above. No, the offending party most assuredly did not include Mr. Hogg.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    there is enough anti-semitism on this board

c'mon now holmes
    granted i'm not on here that often, but yeah, i was about to say...

Do I really need to go deeper into this?

We've had dudes like theCrates blame Jews for the issues of the world (He was eventually banned)

Strawman has talked a mean line about the Jews as well (been banned several times)

Flunk posted some Jewish stereotypical drawing on here

HarveyCanal has PM'd me about how Jews didn't really suffer through the holocaust and how we were actually co-conspiritors.

the list goes on and on, it probably didn't hit others the way it hit me but its there. If you choose not to see it thats on you, but don't deny that its out there

Guzzo, does the fact that about half the handful of bans we've ever had here were the *immediate* result of an antisemitic comment not give you the idea that this site is not as insensitive as you imply?

Two of Guzzo's four examples resulted in immediate bannings and a third didn't even take place on the board but occurred in a private message... doesn't really sound like an environment of raging antisemitism to me.

taking my original statement of "there is enough anti-semitism on this board" and adding "raging" to it is a sub-par lawyer trick to belittle the original statement. c'mon Daniel your capable of better than this.

Although 2 people I mentioned were banned it doesn't mean that I am not on my toes about this, nor does it make me think that every person on this board bears no prejudice towards Jews.

the Archaic PM was posted publicly twice, and not only was it sent to me but to several other people on this board. It was unsolicited and the contents of the PM have been stuck up for time and time again by its sender.

There have been other instances of anti-semetism, hell, many if the Israel threads have a disgusting undertone of it throughout.

IMO one act of anti-semitism on this board is more than there should be, the fact that I could name 4 seperate incidents off the top of my head should be enough to let my original point stand on its own.

In short, do I think that this board has seen the last of anti-semetic attitude or beahavior? NO

Do I want to give some racist fuck the a sense of validity that he may get reading this thread and thinking that Jews inbreed? NO

Am I bothered by the almost certain future in which more dumbfucks will write more shit blaming Jewish people for race/ war/ government/ jobs, etc? HELL YES

that is all, now I am backing out of this thread once again

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

That shit annoys me like you wouldn't believe. It's so fucking ridiculous, but it's like a plague. I saw some (fairly popular) local reggae DJs one time, and they would not shut the fuck up for longer than maybe 30 seconds...constantly on the mic screaming in that horrible faux-patois. It's beyond absurd. I mean, when drum & bass Mcs use that stupid-ass fake British accent, it's kind of funny in how stupid it is. But this fake patois? Fucking dumb.

cosign.

Although 2 people I mentioned were banned it doesn't mean that I am not on my toes about this, nor does it make me think that every person on this board bears no prejudice towards Jews[/b].

come again?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Suuuuuuree. C'mon HOgg, we all know you got dread extensions and go around town saying, "hey mon...de Hogg got de Bay on pon lock."

Suuuuuuree. C'mon HOgg, we all know you got dread extensions and go around town [in a fluorescent fishnet tanktop] saying, "hey mon...de Hogg got de Bay on pon lock."

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    on pon lock

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    I finally found post to plug my weak spot. This shit is the where its at

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Although 2 people I mentioned were banned it doesn't mean that I am not on my toes about this, nor does it make me think that every person on this board bears no prejudice towards Jews[/b].

come again?

i think adam is saying he still thinks their some dudes that don't like jews on the board

i dont think their is a big anti jew problem on the board, archaic is antisemitic for sure but i dont know who else i would throw in that catagory

i think more people here have problems with "fags" and "white hos" than jews

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

come again?

i think adam is saying he still thinks their some dudes that don't like jews on the board

i dont think their is a big anti jew problem on the board, archaic is antisemitic for sure but i dont know who else i would throw in that catagory

come again?

he didn't say some, he said every person.

folks talk all kinds of shit about all women, muslims and christians too

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i think more people here have problems with "white hos" than jews

plaese to explain

yes they do, we all do, thats what makes this place so fun and frustrating at the same time

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

come again?

he didn't say some, he said every person.

I didn't mean every as in every single person on here is anti-semetic

badly phrased sentence I suppose.

3rd stream hit the nail on the head perfectly

yes they do, we all do, thats what makes this place so fun and frustrating at the same time

yes. which is why it's good to try to not act as if one's own shit doesn't stink.

can someone please explain what this means!

yes they do, we all do[/b], thats what makes this place so fun and frustrating at the same time

yes. which is why it's good to try to not act as if one's own shit doesn't stink.

did i say my shit doesnt stink?

I'm assuming it means that the person who said it thinks that "Crash" is a good movie for people to learn about the dangers of stereotypes and that K would benefit from said lesson. This, of course, presumes that "Crash" would actually be a good movie for such a lesson.

yes they do, we all do[/b], thats what makes this place so fun and frustrating at the same time

did i say my shit doesnt stink?

oh gosh. i wasn't talk about you. i was talking generally, hence, using the word one as opposed to your.

I'm assuming it means that the person who said it thinks that "Crash" is a good movie for people to learn about the dangers of stereotypes and that K would benefit from said lesson. This, of course, presumes that "Crash" would actually be a good movie for such a lesson.

oh. this is why i didn't get it.

thank you O.

oh gosh. i wasn't talk about you. i was talking generally, hence, using the word one as opposed to your.

Miss Bassie: Strutters are not very good at picking up on such grammatical nuances.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

[rant]Will people stop badmouthing Crash. Its a good movie, not a life changing movie but something that will most likely keep your attention and can be considered enjoyable. It is not an eye-opener, and if you think of it as an eye-opener than you are living in an insulated world where every person/ sex/ race can be described by one or two stereotypes.

Just watch the movie like its a movie and not a life lesson[/rant]