does Kelefa Sanneh have issues?

1234568»

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I can't believe I read this whole thread.

I just had to quote this so I could see EXACTLY what that apparatus is. Just what I thought - a butt pad.

GRAEMLIN ALERT!!!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

Why don't you just disagree with Sanneh's opinion (even though I don't think you actually disagree with the crux of his critique: that dude makes shitty music) and be done with it? And this point, I don't even known what windmills you're charging against.
    The problem is that the story seem to imply that his music is shitty because he's Hasidic.
    I don't think the article is saying that people like his music because he's hasidic, but that wearing his beliefs on his sleeve has helped him avoid some of the usual jabs aimed at most white men who top the charts using a black cultural form as a vehicle.

Sorry if that was already said, I skipped ahead.

• Fodder for days for the next round of Soulstrut Quote Contests.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    dude i just read this whole thing! woooo hoooo!!!!!

and i still don't know anything about jews!

dang, my eyes hurt. rootless, you need to relax dude. but don't worry, i got just the thing for you. tit-tays and booze. be ready.

every day you need to wake up and say "my liver is bad. it must be punished." and then stare a pare of tit-tays in the eye and say "yeah, thats right, I'm looking at you, punk."

Any time that life seems kinda bad I recommend punching yourself in the nuts. Because then you will realize, hey, actually things were a lot better just a second ago, before I punched myself in the goddam nuts.