Beginning Of The Week Finds(Funk Related)

Comments

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    I try not to do this too often but can any one give me a price czech on this kind of lame prog album that I picked up today? My usual on-line resources aren't giving me anything. It's Ache - Pictures From Cyclus Seven, Holland press. Oh, and I don't know if anyone cares about this stuff anymore but there's a pretty decent break on the first song.

$15-$20 in NM...a little too late in the game to go for big bucks

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I try not to do this too often but can any one give me a price czech on this kind of lame prog album that I picked up today? My usual on-line resources aren't giving me anything. It's Ache - Pictures From Cyclus Seven, Holland press. Oh, and I don't know if anyone cares about this stuff anymore but there's a pretty decent break on the first song.

$15-$20 in NM...a little too late in the game to go for big bucks

Spot on

• Thanks guys.

• Boom early digital thing. I'm getting into this stuff now.

Love the early digi. Would scoop by the hundreds if there was any around my spot. I may have to hit up a private dealer I haven't talked to in years.

Watch out K, soon you'll be into the 90s and then,

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You best be going back tomorrow morning when they open and report with the last half of the alphabet, yaoming?

ehh...I did go back, this afternoon, but the HRD was a tease that
    the rest didn't quite live up to. Got a few things...

Nothing overly exciting I guess, although that Michael White's Magic Music Company
    album is pretty damn dope.

The 12" is:

I realize heads on here aren't too into these guys, but I've been checking
    for this 12" for a while now, I've always been into these tracks, only ever had the cassette,
    so I was psyched to cop it. Gotta love how the sides are "Key Side" and "Garvey Side"

This is protected by the red, the black, and the green -
    At the crossroads, with a key -
    SISSIIIEEESSS[/b]

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Some recent purchases:

Steve Lacy is for trade.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Some highlights from the week (and appropriately from all over the world since I'm about to travel):

Hassan Abou Seoud - This is Orient (VOS) killer 1974 belly dance LP from Lebanon with moog and traditional instruments mixed in. Really cool.
    Tony Williams Lifeline - Turn it Over (Polydor)
    Bembaya Jazz National - Gala d'anniversaire (Syliphone)
    Sorry Bamba du Mali - S/T (Sonodisc)
    Junior Ross - Babylon Fall (Tappa)
    Ranking Joe - Saturday Night Jamdown Style (Jah Guidance)
    Jadir de Castro - Batudaca No. 2 (Philips)
    E.T. Mensah and his Tempo's Band - S/T (Decca 10")
    E.C. Arinze and His Music - Highlife of Nigeria (Decca 10")
    V/A - Los Preferidos a la Luna (RCA) nice Argentine 60's rock comp
    Grupo Folklorico de Alberto Zayas - Guaguanco Afro-Cubano (Panart)
    Celia Cruz - Homenaje a Los Santos (Secco)
    OST - Sign of Aquarius (Adell) Insane hippie psych freakout musique.

• damn nice finds.

ive been broke but got a present from the lady-

elizabeth cotten - songs and instrumentals on folkways

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hey roisto, what record is two over from Chanson? ive seen that before and didnt cop

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

OST - Sign of Aquarius (Adell) Insane hippie psych freakout musique.

Is there anything else on this label. I picked this up last year and was really digging it. That one track w/ the weird synth on top is insane.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    hey roisto, what record is two over from Chanson? ive seen that before and didnt cop

Spanky & The Gang, Mack... your 60s pop-rock-lovin-ass might wanna cop

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Biggest misrepresentation on a cover. I didn't hear no eastern metaphysical vibes. Just bottom draw carnival music

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

Spanky & The Gang, Mack... your 60s pop-rock-lovin-ass might wanna cop
    ahhh right. i think thats why i enevr bought it

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I got some interesting private ones yesterday. Info appreciated.

Warmth Volume 5 - Up Jumped Kolbe. I know a record is going to be good when the standard issue quote from someone famous on the back is from Moses Malone! "Moses is not the Force. This is Doc's team... Moses is just here to help win". Private press on Double Dunk Records (ha!) in Aptos, CA. I don't know where that is, but judging from the zip code, it must be close. Signed by the band on the back too. Funky jazz with some wild ass spoken word over it. Will be sampling soon. So this is volume 5, anyone seen more?

Blue Saints - Take an Oriental Bath. Stage band from Los Altos, CA. This is a live recording from a trip to Japan for Expo 70. Some okay moments, nothing too crazy. Still pretty cool.

Translation please! Korean vocal soul. Very chill and even some nice moody loops.

Papaya - S/T. I've heard this mentioned before and I saw it real cheap on an Internet list so I picked it up. Typical latin music but has some really nice drums. Private press out of Seattle.

DJ Ferrari

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Yo, that bowtie dude keeps it mad real. I asked about him awhile ago, apparently he is from Hong Kong and is a pop favorite back in the early 80s. That one track that begins one of the sides of the record has the boogie cascading synth spot held down.

• Translation please! Korean vocal soul. Very chill and even some nice moody loops.

DJ Ferrari

i got that korean one too. one of the tracks is a message from the government i think. the picture on the back is timeless!

• I got some interesting private ones yesterday. Info appreciated.

Warmth Volume 5 - Up Jumped Kolbe. I know a record is going to be good when the standard issue quote from someone famous on the back is from Moses Malone! "Moses is not the Force. This is Doc's team... Moses is just here to help win". Private press on Double Dunk Records (ha!) in Aptos, CA. I don't know where that is, but judging from the zip code, it must be close. Signed by the band on the back too. Funky jazz with some wild ass spoken word over it. Will be sampling soon. So this is volume 5, anyone seen more?

DJ Ferrari

Aptos is a little bit south of Santa Cruz. I have never seen that record though. Nice one!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

I got some interesting private ones yesterday. Info appreciated.

DJ Ferrari

Aptos is a little bit south of Santa Cruz. I have never seen that record though. Nice one!

their other records arent as nice. actually theres really only one track on 5 that is good in my opinion. however there are 6 volumes i think. i talked to the engineer and he told me about it. the first few volumes dont pop up often because they had lower pressings and sold quite well. i see 5 alot. its fun when you get them with the signatures on them. sold them at their shows. i kind of remember the engineer saying that they used to play out all the time. so maybe most of their records were sold at shows... hence all the signatures.

the engineer on the record is still doing his thing. hes got copies of some of their records. may have other things too. only really talked to him that one time... 5yrs or so ago. he could be dead... i really dont know.

anyway... carry on.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Thanks dude... I was hoping you'd pop up in here and drop the mad knowledge

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Thanks dude... I was hoping you'd pop up in here and drop the mad knowledge

no knowledge really but thanks. im just really stoned and jumping around the internet enjoying message board banter.

• I got some interesting private ones yesterday. Info appreciated.

Blue Saints - Take an Oriental Bath. Stage band from Los Altos, CA. This is a live recording from a trip to Japan for Expo 70. Some okay moments, nothing too crazy. Still pretty cool.

Translation please! Korean vocal soul. Very chill and even some nice moody loops.

Papaya - S/T. I've heard this mentioned before and I saw it real cheap on an Internet list so I picked it up. Typical latin music but has some really nice drums. Private press out of Seattle.

DJ Ferrari

Mark Latency put out a record?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I realize heads on here aren't too into these guys, but I've been checking
    for this 12" for a while now, I've always been into these tracks, only ever had the cassette,
    so I was psyched to cop it. Gotta love how the sides are "Key Side" and "Garvey Side"

This is protected by the red, the black, and the green -
    At the crossroads, with a key -
    SISSIIIEEESSS[/b]

Fuck that noise--I'm a big-time X-Clan. And I think they haven't gotten near the props they deserve.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• I just picked these up today. Not even sure what I bought. Save me some time and tell me which ones I should listen to.

• What's the r.a.n.t.z lp like? saw that at a local place yesterday.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I just picked these up today. Not even sure what I bought. Save me some time and tell me which ones I should listen to.

The Krzysztof Komeda "ASTIGMATIC" lp is a great jazz lp. Too bad dude died right after doing the "rosemary's baby ost".

What's the r.a.n.t.z lp like? saw that at a local place yesterday.

It's a weird one that's all over the board....female vocals with tunes that range from heavy prog, to funky rock, to soft folk....from '82 and I think it's a local Florida band??

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

I just picked these up today. Not even sure what I bought. Save me some time and tell me which ones I should listen to.

Jesus

I'm happy with these three today-

The Temprees "love maze"
    Daughters of Albion on Fontana
    Horace Tapscott "the call" on Nimbus (spare, holler if anybody needs this)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Daughters of Albion on Fontana

what did you think of this album? You need to give it a Waxidermy review, cause I'm calling hatter on it